• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First Emira Breakdown?

popcorn-guy-relaxing.gif

If mine breaks down, or these errors flash up again.... we will ALL (and Lotus) wish he took yours instead.
I have wanted his review since the announcement. I like his no nonsense approach to it all.

I very much hope it isn’t a let down as I think it could sway my decision on if to bail on Lotus

sorry I have said this before but not sending a car to the *largest gathering of Loti in the world ever speaks volumes.
It was then I realised it was worse than business as usual

*this is a guess - Chatsworth 2022

If mine breaks down, or these errors flash up again.... we will ALL (and Lotus) wish he took yours instead.

No ill wishes and I hope you have a problem free ownership ahead of you, but…

It would be ideal if the lights flash up during filming. And if not I’d still let him know about the issues you and other owners are experiencing (as well as delays and lack of communication)

Not talking about them and putting up a video review glossing over those facts is a disservice to future owners who trust independent YouTube reviewers.

Why pretend Emira has no teething issues that need to be addressed? Lotus needs the heat, let them have it.

Just my opinion, happy to hear your car is back! ✌🏽

Last edited:
sorry I have said this before but not sending a car to the *largest gathering of Loti in the world ever speaks volumes.
It was then I realised it was worse than business as usual

*this is a guess - Chatsworth 2022
Added to the negatives for me being out for sure.
Terrible decision.
Central Lotus picked up some of the pieces for them, but shocking behaviour by Lotus

Can confirm car performed well during YouTubing reviewing - no errors. To save double posting....

More detail here:

Can confirm car performed well during YouTubing reviewing - no errors. To save double posting....

More detail here:

Really happy your car is working fine currently.

i love the brand, despite how much i've moaned i wont ask to return it, they are making efforts

Maybe its a learning curve, i can accept that, just missing my new car so clearly i'm biased
Is it now fixed and working? What did the issue turn out to be?

A group of 6 forum member deposit holders visited the factory in Jan 2022 to meet Lotus senior management. We all prepared documents and sent them in advance. We've talked numerous times on here about how we were listened to, promises made about how things were going to get better and then very little happened.

It took 10 months to get the video of the 6 FE colours from when it was raised face to face and 12 months since Lotus first promised the pictures.

A group of about 20 pre-reveal deposit holders tried to get senior management attention about how their deposit sequencing was mis-handled. Despite support from some people at Lotus, the seniors who could do something about it decided to completely ignore it and not even communicate with that group.

The LCC team know lots of people are frustrated with the level of service and have been for months. They don't seem to be able to influence change, they are just the front line call handlers.

At what point will people realise Lotus don't care about customer service or improving it?

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I do struggle to understand Lotus's interaction (or lack of) with enthusiasts and forums with many known deposit holders and new owners.

They have someone for social media but his entire raison d'etre seems to be to post inane, childish drivel for the 2.7m children who follow on TikTok.

It's utterly bizarre.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I do struggle to understand Lotus's interaction (or lack of) with enthusiasts and forums with many known deposit holders and new owners.

They have someone for social media but his entire raison d'etre seems to be to post inane, childish drivel for the 2.7m children who follow on TikTok.

It's utterly bizarre.
Yeah, this part really irks me. Are they expecting in 30 years these kids will be buying electric SUVs from Lotus?

Yeah, this part really irks me. Are they expecting in 30 years these kids will be buying electric SUVs from Lotus?
Unless some new kind of battery technology is developed that can be retro-fitted, in 30 years the electric cars of today will be useless junk. There won't be a used market for EV's because people won't be able to either get or afford the cost of batteries for them. ICE vehicles on the other hand, will be highly prized because you'll just need a few gallons of gas....

Unless some new kind of battery technology is developed that can be retro-fitted, in 30 years the electric cars of today will be useless junk. There won't be a used market for EV's because people won't be able to either get or afford the cost of batteries for them. ICE vehicles on the other hand, will be highly prized because you'll just need a few gallons of gas....
I think this half right, and the other half is a bit of curmudgeonly wishful thinking. :ROFLMAO:

In even 15 years, today's EVs will likely be cheap/undesirable on the used market, but it will be because they charge too slowly compared to newer tech, won't be compatible with the new global charging standards that will emerge, and the batteries will be expensive and difficult to acquire/replace because the world will have moved on to battery technologies that don't require rare earth metals.

ICE vehicles are likely to be either specialized for remote and rugged environments, or a niche enthusiast item that will be broadly regarded as anachronistic, extravagant, and possibly antisocial. ;)

Exactly. There are 10,000 deposits, about 1,500 registered users on here and about 50-100 active posters. Some of those active posters don't have deposits.
I think in every business a quality customer service will always keep a customer to come back people will always remember how they were treated . And if your treated like they forgot you existed your customers will forget about you because there are so many other options but they choose to buy at your business so you should take care of them in order for them to not go to the other competitors who are selling the same thing or even better .

100% not pushed this early, I'm keeping the car for the long haul and sticking to the rules for the 1000 miles.

After speaking to AA and Lotus Silverstone they think it's more gearbox or components near that are the issue.

Will keep you all posted
Interesting you mention the gearbox. I was one of 2 to get their Emiras PPF’ed this week. Apparently the difference in the gearboxes between our 2 brand new cars was bizarre. Mine was much lighter, he stalled the other one twice moving the other guys about. This is a guy who has super cars in every day and has to move them. 🤔🤔

Interesting you mention the gearbox. I was one of 2 to get their Emiras PPF’ed this week. Apparently the difference in the gearboxes between our 2 brand new cars was bizarre. Mine was much lighter, he stalled the other one twice moving the other guys about. This is a guy who has super cars in every day and has to move them. 🤔🤔
The issue turned out to be they hadn't fitted the transmission hose correctly.
1200 miles later in just 3 days it's absolutely fine.