• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GRP Emira Decat Pipes Now Available!

Have my Emira in the shop getting some mods done. I'm unfortunately not all that handy myself. Crazy to learn that two shops now have rejected putting the 3rd decat pipe in because of a CA law that states if you remove any emissions related device there's a $100,000 fine. Lovely California.

IMG_5535.jpg

what about when paired with your TI exhaust?

will having two different materials matter?

do you have a TI version of the 3rd cat delete?
We only offer the decat pipes in stainless currently. Aside from weight I dont really see any benefit of titanium at the decat pipe.
Regardless though you would have two different materials, either at the muffler intlet or at the decat pipe to midpipe flange, it wont cause any issues either way.

Have my Emira in the shop getting some mods done. I'm unfortunately not all that handy myself. Crazy to learn that two shops now have rejected putting the 3rd decat pipe in because of a CA law that states if you remove any emissions related device there's a $100,000 fine. Lovely California.

View attachment 47722
It will void your Lotus Powertrain Warranty as well. Consider that bullet dodged.

It will void your Lotus Powertrain Warranty as well. Consider that bullet dodged.
Is it because he is in a CARB state? I really want to install the GRP decat with Milltek on my V6 auto, I thought I saw someone say it won’t void warranty.

Is it because he is in a CARB state? I really want to install the GRP decat with Milltek on my V6 auto, I thought I saw someone say it won’t void warranty.
I was told it wouldn't, but I'm also not in CA. Plus the dealer legally has to prove that's the source of what ever went wrong and the 3rd cat is an unmonitored part.

I was told it wouldn't. Plus the dealer legally has to prove that's the source of what ever went wrong and the 3rd cat is an unmonitored part.

The dealer doesn't have to prove anything unless you're willing to get litigious. I'd imagine most don't want to get an attorney to resolve a warranty rejection legal matter.

View attachment 47722
In the same boat. GAS refused to do it. I am pursuing a place in Chatsworth.

My local dealer has changed their tune on the cai, decat, exhaust, and supercharger cover. All okay now.

How can they void the warranty unless they can identify that the mod caused the fault.
I’ve got the my emira covered in aftermarket plastic. Will this affect my engine warrenty? I’ll bet it affects only my paint warrenty.

Here are some sound clips of the cat delete pipe and exhaust controller in action.

I have the same setup and yeah, hearing that drive-by with valves open is just epic. I rarely get to hear it from the outside :) Thanks for sharing. Such a crazy awesome mod for under a grand USD.

I was wondering if anyone could answer me a question about car inspections. I’m from MA and I really want the GRP Delete Pipe as well as Milltek Valve Controller but I’m worried that I would fail inspection, does anyone have any insight on this?

I was wondering if anyone could answer me a question about car inspections. I’m from MA and I really want the GRP Delete Pipe as well as Milltek Valve Controller but I’m worried that I would fail inspection, does anyone have any insight on this?

Looking at the MA Vehicle Inspections website I don’t see why it wouldn’t pass, unless the techs are allowed to disassemble parts of your car to check for the existence of the 3rd cat — everything OBD2 or even sniff test should pass.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back