Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

He said he loved driving it, appreciated it as the last manual petrol car from Lotus and is looking forward to driving it more. Seemed like a pretty clear answer to me.

He said he loved driving it, appreciated it as the last manual petrol car from Lotus and is looking forward to driving it more. Seemed like a pretty clear answer to me.
Interesting analysis if you are coming from an Evora. Now then Tom - we await your test drive and comparison analysis. With baited breath!

Positive review

I’m sure that the screen contrast can be fixed on an update, as will the wipers

Only real issue is the lack of side support from the seats. But at least he said they were comfortable

I thought the video was quite good. There were a lot of positives, and a few negatives, but with the exception of the seat support in the shoulder area, the other negatives are fixable with software updates, and I'm sure Lotus will be paying close attention to the feedback Harry gives them from his trip.

A few surprises to me was how much stuff he was able to get in the car! I would never have guessed that. The other surprise was the fact that 6th is a true speed gear; not an overdrive economy gear. That means the entire gear set is a genuine close ratio set which I'm quite happy to hear.

I also took note of how well the car stayed planted, even in miserable wet conditions through the twisties. It was good to hear that he drove all those miles without any discomfort from the seats. His comment about how good the headlights were was also welcome.

He wasn't babying the car, he gave it the full use through all kinds of weather and road conditions. He didn't say anything about any rattles or issues, other than the wipers, which is something that's most likely a software fix.

The car looks to me to be a fine end to the ICE era, with a beautiful, comfortable, engaging sports car that's definitely a Lotus. Enough performance to be fun, but not something that's trying to kill you every time you step on the go-pedal. It's a genuine, tourable sports car for the road with an exotic flavor like nothing else in it's price range.

Harry didn't give it a final score, but I'm guessing he would give it an overall 8 out of 10, which, for a brand new first time model is not bad at all. Lotus is going to be able to sell every one of them they can make.

Interesting analysis if you are coming from an Evora. Now then Tom - we await your test drive and comparison analysis. With baited breath!
I was interested to hear Harry making some slightly more adverse comments about the Evora in comparison to the Emira than I had expected. He's been pretty positive about the Evora in the past. I want to re-watch that section to check what he said - think it was mainly about the interior.

I'll try and get my write up finished tonight but it may be tomorrow.

I thought the video was quite good. There were a lot of positives, and a few negatives, but with the exception of the seat support in the shoulder area, the other negatives are fixable with software updates, and I'm sure Lotus will be paying close attention to the feedback Harry gives them from his trip.

A few surprises to me was how much stuff he was able to get in the car! I would never have guessed that. The other surprise was the fact that 6th is a true speed gear; not an overdrive economy gear. That means the entire gear set is a genuine close ratio set which I'm quite happy to hear.

I also took note of how well the car stayed planted, even in miserable wet conditions through the twisties. It was good to hear that he drove all those miles without any discomfort from the seats. His comment about how good the headlights were was also welcome.

He wasn't babying the car, he gave it the full use through all kinds of weather and road conditions. He didn't say anything about any rattles or issues, other than the wipers, which is something that's most likely a software fix.

The car looks to me to be a fine end to the ICE era, with a beautiful, comfortable, engaging sports car that's definitely a Lotus. Enough performance to be fun, but not something that's trying to kill you every time you step on the go-pedal. It's a genuine, tourable sports car for the road with an exotic flavor like nothing else in it's price range.

Harry didn't give it a final score, but I'm guessing he would give it an overall 8 out of 10, which, for a brand new first time model is not bad at all. Lotus is going to be able to sell every one of them they can make.
I thought he looked uncomfortable when pressing on above 150mph. Later he mentioned steering wasn’t as rock steady at speed, he said the sneeze factor- that too me, seems to say, hang on not too happy here!🤔

I was interested to hear Harry making some slightly more adverse comments about the Evora in comparison to the Emira than I had expected. He's been pretty positive about the Evora in the past. I want to re-watch that section to check what he said - think it was mainly about the interior.

Yes mostly reiterating what he said in previous videos, that he loved the Evora, but couldn’t bring himself to buy one because the interior just didn’t match with the price lotus marketed it at. I also looked at an Evora but felt that for 85k the interior was far too basic

As long as its soon

Positive review

I’m sure that the screen contrast can be fixed on an update, as will the wipers

Only real issue is the lack of side support from the seats. But at least he said they were comfortable
Re the seats he has leather anyone with Alcantara hopefully will find them gripping a bit more. Also depends on body size as well.

The one think he did say which is so positive is what it looks like, it does so much look like a small supercar, way more than the Evora. (y)(y)

Yes mostly reiterating what he said in previous videos, that he loved the Evora, but couldn’t bring himself to buy one because the interior just didn’t match with the price lotus marketed it at. I also looked at an Evora but felt that for 85k the interior was far too basic
So Lotus have followed the Porsche model of having a spartan, lightweight interior and charging more for it? :)

So Lotus have followed the Porsche model of having a spartan, lightweight interior and charging more for it? :)
The irony is if they had charged 5k more for the Emira to have the Evoras seats and analogue gauges I'd probably be paying it and still taking delivery 😅

Guess so, but for 85k I expect to a get fairly decent looking interior. Which with the Emira we will do

Re the seats he has leather anyone with Alcantara hopefully will find them gripping a bit more. Also depends on body size as well.
Saw pics of the black and red alcantara interior today and had a long moment of sadness that I won't now be sitting there. Looked very smart. Especially with Nimbus. And my red calipers would have finished it off a treat 😓

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back