Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

It's a tour in his Emira, not about his Emira.

The Purosangue is kinda cool: constant adjusting mechanical ride height adjustment, suicide doors, v12, double wishbone.

You can wait for his final verdict and video on the Emira Sunday at 5PM.
With Harry being an unofficial Lotus ambassador I was optimistically hoping for more European road trip and more Emira content…

I'm worried!
You know that... "If you can't say anything good, then say nothing at all"...

He is not saying anything bad, but he is also not saying anything joyous eiither.
Not even something like "had a lovely trip here in the Emira", "I am really enjoying this Emira", etc.

I loved how it felt overall but for others it will be too 'average' in some departments and great in some others. This can be superb news for some but disappointing to others.

I'm worried!

He is not saying anything bad, but he is also not saying anything joyous eiither.
Not even something like "had a lovely trip here in the Emira", "I am really enjoying this Emira", etc.

I loved how it felt overall but for others it will be too 'average' in some departments and great in some others. This can be superb news for some but disappointing to others.

I honestly just think he's waiting to give all his impressions at once, i.e. after the car is fully run-in. Keep Pagani etc. as a separate topic.

Watching Harry's video, I think the Emira makes more sense as a do-anything, drive-anywhere type of car, instead of the more single-minded / track-oriented car that I was secretly hoping for before the reveal. That is how Lotus seems to have tuned it from my short test-drive as well. It's not a light-your-pants-on-fire type of car, but for these mountain trips where you need sportiness and moments of respite, seems perfect.

Keep calm boys , the level anxiety about all the topics in this car is surprising me more and more

Check Harry’s videos when he tested the democars etc, he will talk about the emira for sure and supposedly all good words about the car

But men , always conspiracy here 24/7, why when what who where
🤣🤣

I feel like some people here can’t decide by themselves and they need to hear from others every day how good the car is ,

I mean , it’s ok be this way , but I couldn't live with that

I too find this external locus of evaluation puzzling.

That said, it does seem extremely popular so perhaps I’m missing something 😄

Sounds emotionally tiring to me though…

f5£& em, it’s what it means to you that counts!

The Lotus looks right at home at Ferrari!

Love the non SUV design. However I can’t help but think about the nightmarish service and maintenance costs of it. Changing spark plugs might need an engine drop!

No engineer worried about reliability would ever put constantly operating high current electric motors in the suspension. Why would you want to add weight to each wheel hub? Anti roll bars work, they’re cheap and are reliable.

Yeah, it seems so strange to be living in a world where we have Ferrari and Lamborghini SUVs. My brain seems to have adjusted to seeing huge, tall, four-door vehicles, so they don’t look too shocking… but if you’d shown me this 20 years ago I would’ve thought it was some sort of squashed bus.

I remember us in the 90s laughing at Americans and their big cars, as the world took stock of dwindling oil supplies and adopted smaller vehicles. Then suddenly the SUV thing took off and size become desirable. No way would I have predicted it.

It's popular to hate on the exotic SUV but I love it. ESPECIALLY if they enable the sports cars. Of the companies who are traditionally sports car makers now making an SUV, I'd probably rank them based on desirability as:

1. Ferrari
2. Lotus
4. Porsche
5. Aston
6. Bentley?
9. Lambo

If I was personally buying one though, assuming I had the means for any of these, I'd choose Lotus first, Porsche Macan EV or Cayenne E-Hybrid second. I want that spot in the garage to be at LEAST partially electrified.

Also that Ferrari scares me lol. Would not want to own out of warranty.

If I was personally buying one though, assuming I had the means for any of these, I'd choose Lotus first, Porsche Macan EV or Cayenne E-Hybrid second. I want that spot in the garage to be at LEAST partially electrified.
Any specific reason why you'd want it to be electric? And also, why Lotus as the first choice?

I'm worried!

Please stop. This stuff just creates an echo chamber of negativity on the forum based on absolutely nothing.

Keep calm boys , the level anxiety about all the topics in this car is surprising me more and more

Check Harry’s videos when he tested the democars etc, he will talk about the emira for sure and supposedly all good words about the car

But men , always conspiracy here 24/7, why when what who where
🤣🤣

I feel like some people here can’t decide by themselves and they need to hear from others every day how good the car is ,

I mean , it’s ok be this way , but I couldn't live with that
Agree, imagine going through life with such a focus on the negatives, comparisons, others'perspectives...

Any specific reason why you'd want it to be electric? And also, why Lotus as the first choice?

I’ve had an electric in the garage since 2015. For a commuter / utility vehicle, they just make more sense. Lower running cost, one-pedal drive is amazing, less maintenance, no stopping for gas for local running, a thrill between the lights. It’s only sports cars and driving joie de vivre that I prefer a manual transmission and therefore ICE drivetrain. That’s the role Emira will play.

Lotus first because it’s the only option here that’s full electric, and the electric specs are actually quite impressive. Fast peak charge rate, good range, and while I haven’t seen the efficiency numbers I have to assume they’re quite good because it was 1,000lbs lighter than a Model X.

Agree, imagine going through life with such a focus on the negatives, comparisons, others'perspectives...
Let’s not get overly sanctimonious…reviews (or as you termed…others perspectives ) matter and are an important part any purchasing decision.

We’re not all lucky enough to get a chance to drive the car before we commit. In that instance we can’t just simply rely on the fact it’s a pretty car or a lotus (which ironically seems to be enough for quite a few ‘enthusiasts’).

I’ve watched Harry over the years and unlike most of the pop-up YouTube influencers he actually is a car person and doesn’t need the clout or income from YouTube. For that reason I’m very keen to hear his take on the Emira given his ownership and driving history.

Let’s not get overly sanctimonious…reviews (or as you termed…others perspectives ) matter and are an important part any purchasing decision.

We’re not all lucky enough to get a chance to drive the car before we commit. In that instance we can’t just simply rely on the fact it’s a pretty car or a lotus (which ironically seems to be enough for quite a few ‘enthusiasts’).

I’ve watched Harry over the years and unlike most of the pop-up YouTube influencers he actually is a car person and doesn’t need the clout or income from YouTube. For that reason I’m very keen to hear his take on the Emira given his ownership and driving history.

There is a big difference between what are you telling , which I agree 100% , and saying that Harry’s is not liking the car because he is not talking about it in every news episode etc , that’s kind of negative hole spiral

I'll wager that @TomE is somewhat disappointed, scoring 7.5/10, but that he completely understands the car and the direction Lotus has gone. He will say that he can see the car being superb for many owners who are looking for what the Lotus offers but others, looking for more exhilaration from a sports car will move on.

Tom is coming from a beloved Evora, and with Exige experience. Both are more fun than the Emira by some distance BUT the Emira is the 'better' car.

Myself.. I still kinda think, given my stable of cars NOW (due to delays), that the Emira is best being replaced by a 4xx Exige. Every time I go to Bell & Colville I get that twitch...

Myself.. I still kinda think, given my stable of cars NOW (due to delays), that the Emira is best being replaced by a 4xx Exige. Every time I go to Bell & Colville I get that twitch...
What? did I hear that right? Are you now out Evotion, in favour of an Exige? or are you going to run the Emira for a while? Given your glowing review of the car a while back and defending the car when under attack from various users on here I had thought that you were definitely going through with the deal.

I'll wager that @TomE is somewhat disappointed, scoring 7.5/10, but that he completely understands the car and the direction Lotus has gone. He will say that he can see the car being superb for many owners who are looking for what the Lotus offers but others, looking for more exhilaration from a sports car will move on.

Tom is coming from a beloved Evora, and with Exige experience. Both are more fun than the Emira by some distance BUT the Emira is the 'better' car.

I agree with this sentiment - The Emira has a more rounded sports car feel. Comparable to the Cayman GTS/GT4. The Exige stands alone. No other car feels like it, drives like it and will never be replicated. The Exige really is more of a 3rd car - weekend toy only IMO. Most people wanting to do longer road trips/dinner out with friends/daily driving will find Emira better.

S3 Exige 390 is just a damn cool car.

Yep, it is all about perspective.

Some will think that the Emira is a compromised Evora.
Some will think that the Emira is a far better car than the Evora.

My 2 car garage ideal, if they had to be both a Lotus, would be the Emira and a 4xx Exige.

If I could ONLY have one car - and it HAD to be a new car from any marque - then I back up my videos and statements and say that car would be the Emira.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back