Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

I’ve come to the conclusion that the more you spend on a hyper/super car...the uglier they get. For millionaires/billionaires it’s just to be “in the club”. For me, Pagani’s are bulky and just ugly. I’ll take a Panini over a Pagani any day.
Hmm hate to be the bearer of bad news but they are smaller and lighter than the C8 you are contemplating. ;)

Well, it's not an Emira channel so it's fair to have other content.
But he did open up the video by saying “This is part 3 of the Emira euro tour” or something similar. Interesting video, but we’ve not actually had any real reactions, thoughts, analyse of the Emira from Harry since he collected it. He’s unlikely to come out and say it’s crap but it will be interesting to see how long it stays in his fleet. When he got the GR Yaris he was quite quick to say it was a long termer.

I guess I’m the odd one out, as I like the designs of the Paganis. Supercars should always be slightly bonkers. The engineering in the Zonda and Huayra are impressive. I’ve been lucky to have seen several of them up close, and watch and hear them on track. Definitely on my lottery win list.

Disappointing that Harry publicised the video as being part of his Emira tour and then provided so little info about the car. More coming “soon” perhaps?

I enjoyed the video, especially the guy outside pagani factory filming the Emira on his phone.
I guess pt4 is ferrari purosang related and then pt5 video will sum up Harry's thoughts on his purchase.
Will he be allowed to be negative? Any thing less than glowing will surely result in more cancellations.

I guess I’m the odd one out, as I like the designs of the Paganis. Supercars should always be slightly bonkers. The engineering in the Zonda and Huayra are impressive. I’ve been lucky to have seen several of them up close, and watch and hear them on track. Definitely on my lottery win list.

Disappointing that Harry publicised the video as being part of his Emira tour and then provided so little info about the car. More coming “soon” perhaps?
You are not the odd one out. I love the Zonda! Hilarious to me that people saying a C8 is better lookingo_O

I was gobsmacked how nice the assembly hall was... what an awesome place to work!

Some of the extreme/custom cars are a bit OTT, but hey, it's not my money, so cest la vie. I totally dig the lines of the "vanilla" Zonda S and F though.

Definitely on my lottery win list.

Same! I've wanted a carbon Zonda R since watching the Stig take it to 1st place on the Top Gear track. The fact about it being too loud for most track restrictions always made me laugh too. So you'll not only need the money for a Pagani, but also your own race track! 😂

Tm0OeFv.jpg

And uglier. To each his own of course.

I do agree that supercars are usually and maybe should be a little bonkers because part of it for them is to get noticed and have a WOW factor, good or bad.

Based on my price/style theory, that must be why the Emira looks so damn good. It’s an affordable sports car which makes it a supercar for the masses in my opinion.

I think Paganis are ugly, overstyled and embarrassing. They trade on their exorbitant price and rarity much like Italian clothing and jewellery - its all gauche. A bit Cheshire. A bit Armani jeans. A bit fake tan.

The Emira and Lotus couldn't be more opposite in ethos and values.

It was an interesting video for me because it left me with this insight:

if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd still buy a Lotus not a Pagani. Which is quite something.

I'll stick up for Pagani. Great to see a smaller car company making albeit stupidly expensive cars. I think they all look great. My problem would be having to choose between a Pagani or a Koenigsegg!

Cheshire is lovely! Only a few twats.
Armani jeans? They are well made and last and not even that expensive.

Fake tan - yeah - that is a sin against humanity. :D

My (limited) experience of Pagani owners is they are car enthusiasts not poseurs. But my sample may have been skewed by chatting to owners at track days and cars & coffee meets rather than in St Tropez or Monaco :)

I think Paganis are ugly, overstyled and embarrassing. They trade on their exorbitant price and rarity much like Italian clothing and jewellery - its all gauche. A bit Cheshire. A bit Armani jeans. A bit fake tan.

if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd still buy a Lotus not a Pagani. Which is quite something.
I think when you were describing Paganis you forgot Fing ridiculous performance and sound!

My (limited) experience of Pagani owners is they are car enthusiasts not poseurs. But my sample may have been skewed by chatting to owners at track days and cars & coffee meets rather than in St Tropez or Monaco :)
I was biting my tongue, but one of my friends has a Zonda F and a Huayra Roadster -- he's a great driver and self made -- and his tan isn't fake :D

This is a great little series by Harry.
Most YouTubers do an Italian coffee run and the like this is actually entertaining and informative! Brilliant 👏

Totally agree. If I had the money to have a car cave I would fill it with many cars but not any Pagani’s. I don’t buy objects to be seen with or in or on. I buy objects that I love for me and no one else. It’s a complete show having cars like a Pagani, to be able to tell and show people what you’ve got and what most can’t have. It’s all about bragging for many people.

I love the design of the Emira and even though Lotus seems to be reinventing themselves I have high hopes that their core DNA remains intact.

It’s a complete show having cars like a XXXX, to be able to tell and show people what you’ve got and what most can’t have. It’s all about bragging for many people.
It seems odd to single out Pagani on this... the same sentiment could very well scale all the way down to include any "premium" marque that sells a car north of 40k.

Plenty of people who Just Appreciate Nice Things buy fancy cars because they love the cars, without giving two hoots what others may think. Similarly, there is no doubt an endless supply of poser douchebags who brandish their vehicle as a status symbol... the ones with lots of money are just more conspicuous because they are less commonplace than Mr or Mrs Check-out-my-leased-German-such-and-such.

I for one appreciate that Paganis are engineered to be superb driving machines. I'll never own one, but I can respect that at least.

Hope he does a full tour of Lambo and Ferrari as well. That would be amazing.

I did those both back in 2013 with my dad! Some of the best memories I have. The Ferrari F1 museum is actually built next to Enzo's childhood home and absolutely worth a visit when in the area to see the actual Ferrari museum and factory.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back