• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

For what I am gathering from the forums, every dealer does things a little differently. I had confirmation of my order and build back in October of 23’. Then received the Lotus gift package awhile back…then a correspondence July 16th with my pre-production VIN number. It has been a great experience so far except for the long wait.
That is great to hear. I have not even received a marketing email. It is disappointing and doesn't give me confidence.

That is great to hear. I have not even received a marketing email. It is disappointing and doesn't give me confidence.
I wouldn’t worry about the lack of marketing emails. I don’t get many either; suspect it has something to do with the very strict laws in Europe and the UK. If you don’t specifically ask for them you won’t get them.

For what I am gathering from the forums, every dealer does things a little differently. I had confirmation of my order and build back in October of 23’. Then received the Lotus gift package awhile back…then a correspondence July 16th with my pre-production VIN number. It has been a great experience so far except for the long wait.
Interesting, after two years of waiting dealer had me lock-in ,and Lotus confirmed order Oct. '23, then the gift delivery. Dealer then had to submit order (with Lotus confirmation) July 15th '24 - was told I would not receive a VIN until it exited production in Sept. '24. Expect delivery late Oct. early Nov. No word on a preproduction VIN - who sent you the email? Lotus or the dealer?

I agree the buying experience and communication are terrible. I have signed up to their website multiple times and have never received even a marketing email from Lotus.

Interesting, after two years of waiting dealer had me lock-in ,and Lotus confirmed order Oct. '23, then the gift delivery. Dealer then had to submit order (with Lotus confirmation) July 15th '24 - was told I would not receive a VIN until it exited production in Sept. '24. Expect delivery late Oct. early Nov. No word on a preproduction VIN - who sent you the email? Lotus or the dealer?
Dealer has been the one corresponding. As I said, looks like it’s dealer specific. I definitely had a pre-production VIN. I assume reality is actually October delivery or even maybe early November. It is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Similar - received VIN from dealer 2 weeks ago and told the car was going into production. Reached out to Lotus (both US and UK) for approximate timing but have received nothing. I’m hoping for a late October delivery with no carb certification delays and a nice warm winter (Philly area) for lots of driving. Reality may be a late November delivery and frozen roads for 4 months.

I was told the same thing today. Production starting this week on the cars ordered through my dealer. Delivery mid to late November at this time. No VIN or communication from Lotus. So fingers crossed.

Great Scott Batman, I got a VIN!!!!

So coincidental it is almost unbelievable. :) I reach out to Park Place Ltd yesterday asking for some type of update, as they have had my $15k non-refundable deposit since October '23 with literally zero updates. Not even a, "Hey, we got a demo in, would you like to come take it for a drive?" Then miraculously just this AM they got an update that I have a VIN.

Anyone able to advise status of SCCLEKMX3RHB44613?

Great Scott Batman, I got a VIN!!!!

So coincidental it is almost unbelievable. :) I reach out to Park Place Ltd yesterday asking for some type of update, as they have had my $15k non-refundable deposit since October '23 with literally zero updates. Not even a, "Hey, we got a demo in, would you like to come take it for a drive?" Then miraculously just this AM they got an update that I have a VIN.

Anyone able to advise status of SCCLEKMX3RHB44613?
I would guess November/December delivery. I assume the first batch I4’s for the USA was around the 4000 VIN. Those were told to be delivered end of Sept/october…. If they run 30 cars per day with a 4 day work week, that’s roughly 500 cars per month give or take. You are 4613…. So gives us Nov/Dec arrival possibly? I heard all FE’s will be MY24. Not sure if this helps, but at least it’s something. Lol

You can tell he's not fully up to date on the mira since he doesn't even know how to open the center compartment. All US i4 will be 400hp.
So many errors in his commentary, including citing FE as the base whereby prices will increase.

I'm mildly content that there is new video content on the I4. Shame it's mainly a rehash.

With all the US 14 videos popping up and knowing that there're 10 i4 in the US/Canada. I pinged my sales contact to see if they will get access to one for test drives. While he's checking on that. He passed on the i4 is already in production and they expect 1st delivery in 8 weeks in the West Coast.

Last edited:
With all the US 14 videos popping up and knowing that there're 10 i4 in the US/Canada. I pinged my sales contact to see if they will get access to one for test drives. While he's checking on that. He passed on the i4 is already in production and they exact 1st delivery in 8 weeks in the West Coast.
Well that's great to hear. Maybe factory is finding its stride and may see "promised" dates come to fruition :)

I4 review in California
The first reviewer not to complain of the paddle shift delays :) and it did seem quick enough (20:09 timestamp in video).

Did Lotus improve that or is it just slow when comparing to other cars?

Last edited: