• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

I wouldn’t call the V6 lower performance, in either manual or automatic, it’s simply a different configuration. Now as for the future, it seems that path is the AMG
Screenshot 2024-08-18 203812.jpg

They released these figures recently on the Lotus website if you hadn't seen that yet.

Last edited:
As a V6auto deposit holder, this rollout from Lotus has definitely been frustrating. Not saying I would have changed my mind, but it’s true, the V6auto is more money for less on performance.
Pretty sure the 4.2 number is the manual. The auto will shave .2 off that. Couple that with the reliability and it’s a wash for me. When I’m ready for more performance I’ll grab a 570

I would still pick the V6 auto knowing the I4 will have 400hp. Love the sound and I will drive it till it explodes. I already have another car ordered that will do fast 0-60s so it doesn’t matter how fast the I4 is. But I hope the I4 will attract more customers.

So, on the same VIN readout it states 298kw but then show 360bhp. But I do notice it says “From 360”. Therefore do we interpret this as they are getting CARB cert from 360bhp and up? Meaning First Edition getting the 400hp then base model starting at 360hp? Just curious… that’s all this discussion is really. What are people’s guesses or maybe someone actually knows?
298 was submitted to the NHTSA from day one almost a year back (Oct 5th 2023). We were already suspecting that the US i4 will be 400hp then, but Lotus will not confirm until 6 weeks ago. This is from the PDF that they submitted to the NHTSA:
Lotus Emira VIN.png

Last edited:
I would still pick the V6 auto knowing the I4 will have 400hp. Love the sound and I will drive it till it explodes. I already have another car ordered that will do fast 0-60s so it doesn’t matter how fast the I4 is. But I hope the I4 will attract more customers.

That's why you buy both. I have a V6 manual now and an i4 coming in the 1st or 2nd production batch. Also, you don't buy an Emira for 0-60 time, you buy it for the handling and driver connection..

That's why you buy both. I have a V6 manual now and an i4 coming in the 1st or 2nd production batch. Also, you don't buy an Emira for 0-60 time, you buy it for the handling and driver connection..
They were talking about 0-60s between the V6 and I4, so I said that for why I will stick to the V6. I did think about getting an orphaned manual. But my budget for a “weekend car” is a little higher, so I ordered the Emira’s bigger brother with a hardtop convertible🤌

They were talking about 0-60s between the V6 and I4, so I said that for why I will stick to the V6. I did think about getting an orphaned manual. But my budget for a “weekend car” is a little higher, so I ordered the Emira’s bigger brother with a hardtop convertible🤌

To each his own, I passed on a 296GTB and decided to get 2 Emira. Just too much electronics assist on the current gen supercars.

Two Emira's in the stable ! Respect.
Are you using one for track and one as a daily?

As a V6auto deposit holder, this rollout from Lotus has definitely been frustrating. Not saying I would have changed my mind, but it’s true, the V6auto is more money for less on performance.
The frustration is included in the price you pay.

Two Emira's in the stable ! Respect.
Are you using one for track and one as a daily?
Original plan was for an i4 that would arrive this past June as a daily in Silicon Valley traffic and a 2nd deposit for a V6 manual during the last V6 production run that will be for weekends and collection value (they were still quoting 2027/28 last Sept when I ordered the i4). Then they announced the i4 delay to Jan 25 last Dec so I went out and bought a 2024 718S PDK that was at a nearby dealer. I happened to call the dealer when the 1st batch of cars arrived late in Apr since I want a longer test drive. Turns out they did not receive their in house demo but they do have an orphan that was 98% (except in brake caliper color) to spec of the V6 manual that I want to build in a couple years, and they offered it to me at close to FE 1.0 pricing so I picked it up. That makes 3 cars in 2024 if the i4 shows up before the end of the year.

This
Lotus: Latest Official Tease Unfortunately Suspect
This is Lotus! They couldn't even get the spec on their own website to match with one page showing the i4 0-60 in 4.0 and another page showing it at 3.8. SO it's not a surprise that they messed up the submission to the NHTSA but as far as I know, the NHTSA submission is not critical as long as it list the correct engine and other spec. The EPA and CARB will have the correct performance data when it's approved.

I continue to get absolutely zero updates from my dealer. I finalized my i4 within a day of when they advised me that my order could be finalized (10/3/2023). I just reached out to them today and they have zero updates. I think I am coming up on two years since the 1st deposit.

I am 'supposedly' order #22820. If anyone has any insight they could share I would appreciate it.

Anyone getting any reliable delivery dates for I4 orders? My deposit was submitted on7/11/23. Order placed on 6/6/24. Confirmation from Lotus (through my dealer) on 7/16. I haven't received anything further from Lotus or from my dealer. Hoping I am in the Aug/Sept or Sept/Oct production cycle. Not sure how to get a realistic production or delivery target date. Anyone have any other insight?

Anyone getting any reliable delivery dates for I4 orders? My deposit was submitted on7/11/23. Order placed on 6/6/24. Confirmation from Lotus (through my dealer) on 7/16. I haven't received anything further from Lotus or from my dealer. Hoping I am in the Aug/Sept or Sept/Oct production cycle. Not sure how to get a realistic production or delivery target date. Anyone have any other insight?
I paid my 2nd deposit (finalized order) mid Oct 2023 and have received zero updates from my dealer. Every time I call them they have no updates. Seriously worst dealership experience I've ever had.

Yes, I was given my VIN July 16th, with production to be end of July or beginning of August. Also mentioned it should arrive end of September with delivery most likely tail of September or beginning of October. My Vin is in the 4000-4100 batch. I assume these are the first 100 Emira I4/AMG’s to come to North America. Lastly, definitely confirmed the I4’s for North America are 400hp.

Yes, I was given my VIN July 16th, with production to be end of July or beginning of August. Also mentioned it should arrive end of September with delivery most likely tail of September or beginning of October. My Vin is in the 4000-4100 batch. I assume these are the first 100 Emira I4/AMG’s to come to North America. Lastly, definitely confirmed the I4’s for North America are 400hp.
What day did you confirm your order with the dealer?

What day did you confirm your order with the dealer?
For what I am gathering from the forums, every dealer does things a little differently. I had confirmation of my order and build back in October of 23’. Then received the Lotus gift package awhile back…then a correspondence July 16th with my pre-production VIN number. It has been a great experience so far except for the long wait.

I paid my 2nd deposit (finalized order) mid Oct 2023 and have received zero updates from my dealer. Every time I call them they have no updates. Seriously worst dealership experience I've ever had.
I agree the buying experience and communication are terrible. I have signed up to their website multiple times and have never received even a marketing email from Lotus let alone information about the car I am trying to purchase

Last edited: