• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

i4 wih 400HP - post from another Lotus Forum

I'm sure that will happen eventually, the v6 was modded to 530 by jubu. So they must have cracked the ECU for that to happen no?
JUBU replaced the ECU for the tune. Not sure the same can be done to the i4 thou

I'm sure that will happen eventually, the v6 was modded to 530 by jubu. So they must have cracked the ECU for that to happen no?
The auto boxes have a different ecu. The problem with cracking ecus is the economy of scale for getting the money back. Recently I was asked if I was interested in having a fully programmable Bosch ecu for my V6 but it was going to cost several thousands just to program it being the first one. I’m sure following sales would be cheaper but it wouldn’t have helped me.
I totally get why Lotus can’t just use the same set up as the AMG A45s unit but believe this should have been sorted before the first i4 left the factory if the V6 was destined to be pulled.

If anyone is ever mad enough to go DCT on their V6 manual I believe JUBU use the Audi DQ500 gearbox which can be bespoke tuned by TVS in Europe somewhere. They provides multiple maps and can torque limit individual gears to allow higher than the box can take. Clever stuff so anything is possible if you have the money.

JUBU replaced the ECU for the tune. Not sure the same can be done to the i4 thou
Seems like the benefit of the i4 is it will be in a number of other cars like the A45. Not sure if the differences are enough to drive a fracture in options. The Emira i4 should benefit from that wider application. The V6 gets the benefit of the Evora development

If anyone is ever mad enough to go DCT on their V6 manual I believe JUBU use the Audi DQ500 gearbox which can be bespoke tuned by TVS in Europe somewhere. They provides multiple maps and can torque limit individual gears to allow higher than the box can take. Clever stuff so anything is possible if you have the money.
Isnt JUBU a sequential rather than a DCT? Looking at their site, it just looks like it would a robotised sequential if you then added the paddles.

So my dealer also verified the 400 hp for i4. Are there any videos comparing this version of the emira to the v6? Or even a video of the 400 hp i4 by itself? I can order one but no i4 anywhere to test drive so it would be a blind order. Also anyone know if an order put in now would be a 2024 or 2025?

So my dealer also verified the 400 hp for i4. Are there any videos comparing this version of the emira to the v6? Or even a video of the 400 hp i4 by itself? I can order one but no i4 anywhere to test drive so it would be a blind order. Also anyone know if an order put in now would be a 2024 or 2025?
I just put in my order for my i4 first edition in and it’s slated for September production. My dealer said I can pick it up this December, as opposed to having to wait until 2025 Dec to get a base v6. Also I believe there are a few on this thread have test driven the China i4s which are also 400hps

I just put in my order for my i4 first edition in and it’s slated for September production. My dealer said I can pick it up this December, as opposed to having to wait until 2025 Dec to get a base v6. Also I believe there are a few on this thread have test driven the China i4s which are also 400hps
Did your dealer say if it would be a 2025? He also told me production would be September with December delivery.
It would be great to hear from anyone that has driven the 400 hp i4. And the v6. Been googling for videos of it and found nothing yet.

It's interesting that dealers are stating you can put an i4 order in today, and get it before end of year 2024. My dealer and Lotus proper last comm conveyed that my order placed a year ago would arrive before Q1/Q2 2025. IMO - I shouldn't have to reach out proactively to my dealer or Lotus for a production update....(significantly ahead of schedule )

Did your dealer say if it would be a 2025? He also told me production would be September with December delivery.
It would be great to hear from anyone that has driven the 400 hp i4. And the v6. Been googling for videos of it and found nothing yet.
He said the i4 will arrive December 2024, the v6 base would come December 2025.

It's interesting that dealers are stating you can put an i4 order in today, and get it before end of year 2024. My dealer and Lotus proper last comm conveyed that my order placed a year ago would arrive before Q1/Q2 2025. IMO - I shouldn't have to reach out proactively to my dealer or Lotus for a production update....(significantly ahead of schedule )
Is yours a v6 or an i4? I know the V6s have a long wait time, I think Lotus just wants to push the i4 so that people get use to it instead of the V6 after the news of it's discontinuance.

Is yours a v6 or an i4? I know the V6s have a long wait time, I think Lotus just wants to push the i4 so that people get use to it instead of the V6 after the news of it's discontinuance.
My order is an i4 - Lotus really needs a seasoned comm director; how provides monthly talking points to all their dealers for decimation to customers. Information is all over the place and it shouldn't be...

I get that but will it be a MY 2024 or 2025? For the i4 you just ordered? My dealer wasnt sure which it would
I believe mine will be a 2024, not sure I can help with yours since we don’t have the same dealer and delivery date. But I’m assuming if it’s made in 2024 wouldn’t it fall under that year even if it’s delivered in the next year Q1? But that’s my assumption, I may be wrong.

I believe mine will be a 2024, not sure I can help with yours since we don’t have the same dealer and delivery date. But I’m assuming if it’s made in 2024 wouldn’t it fall under that year even if it’s delivered in the next year Q1? But that’s my assumption, I may be wrong.
my dealer gave me the same timeline. Most cars at this point with other brands are pushing out 2025 cars. From what I've seen over the years cars produced after June/July ish time frame turn into the next MY. Not always true but a trend. My dealer wasnt sure which it would be. This is surprising they wouldn't know but its Lotus! So I guess not surprising!
I wonder if they are honoring the price shown on the website (even though it still shows the 360 hp version)?

Last edited:
btw are there any external/internal differences between the i4 and v6? Ie visual differences? Or is it literally just the engine and trans that are different?

btw are there any external/internal differences between the i4 and v6? Ie visual differences? Or is it literally just the engine and trans that are different?
no external differences, but the i4 is lighter and has more storage due to not needing a manual gearbox. So now that it'll be 400bhps Im super excited to get mine as a daily.

my dealer gave me the same timeline. Most cars at this point with other brands are pushing out 2025 cars. From what I've seen over the years cars produced after June/July ish time frame turn into the next MY. Not always true but a trend. My dealer wasnt sure which it would be. This is surprising they wouldn't know but its Lotus! So I guess not surprising!
I wonder if they are honoring the price shown on the website (even though it still shows the 360 hp version)?
Im not sure, it IS Lotus...