• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

i4 wih 400HP - post from another Lotus Forum

Does anyone know if the i4 has CARB certification has been completed ?? Hate to see delivery's held up like the V6.

Last edited:
I get that but will it be a MY 2024 or 2025? For the i4 you just ordered? My dealer wasn't sure which it would be.
The UK and Europe don't end place the same emphasis on model year as registration date tends to be a better reflection of age/value and is incorporated into the registration plate in many countries. Lotus have, in the past, made "running" changes to production as and when necessary, but if the past is any guide they do tend to list model year changes from production around September for the following year in service notes, etc....

JUBU replaced the ECU for the tune. Not sure the same can be done to the i4 thou
I visited JUBU in late May, and they expressed that it should be possible to take the M139 up to 500 hp, but that the dual clutches inside the DCT would then have to be swapped for more durable ones. They also said that they hadn’t yet had any 2.0 liter AMG engined car coming their way, so they were not able to talk about a timeline or any decision whether they would develop an ECU and other products for this model. But I got the impression that it naturally will be something they will look into when time is right.

I visited JUBU in late May, and they expressed that it should be possible to take the M139 up to 500 hp, but that the dual clutches inside the DCT would then have to be swapped for more durable ones. They also said that they hadn’t yet had any 2.0 liter AMG engined car coming their way, so they were not able to talk about a timeline or any decision whether they would develop an ECU and other products for this model. But I got the impression that it naturally will be something they will look into when time is right.
any word on how soon before you get yours? Your opinion on the car I eagerly await!

#21 · 15h ago
Hi all, I just spoke with my dealer and he told me lotus is now also pushing US emiras to 400hp with the i4. Maybe it has to do with the fact that lotus is discontinuing the v6 due to Toyota no longer making that engine going forward. These are words straight out of my lotus dealer’s mouth just minutes before posting. Someone see if other lotus dealerships are also saying the same thing

--------
Does anyone have a good rapport with their US dealer, and can confirm or dispel this post?
I did get a call yesterday that First Edition I-4's are bumped to 400hp. Can't attest to Toyota stopping making the v6.

I did get a call yesterday that First Edition I-4's are bumped to 400hp. Can't attest to Toyota stopping making the v6.
Thank @Bear Dalton - Certainly will be interesting how Lotus will position the V6 going forward. The i4 @ 400 BHP and DCT will be a quick car for the price. Extremely competitive against a Porsche GT4 on track I suspect.

Thank @Bear Dalton - Certainly will be interesting how Lotus will position the V6 going forward. The i4 @ 400 BHP and DCT will be a quick car for the price. Extremely competitive against a Porsche GT4 on track I suspect.
You're welcome. Should be pretty sweet. I can help someone get into an I-4 FE if interested too.

It's interesting that dealers are stating you can put an i4 order in today, and get it before end of year 2024. My dealer and Lotus proper last comm conveyed that my order placed a year ago would arrive before Q1/Q2 2025. IMO - I shouldn't have to reach out proactively to my dealer or Lotus for a production update....(significantly ahead of schedule )
Additional i4 FE allocations were given to dealers after the delay and some may have a couple left.

The i4 @ 400 BHP and DCT will be a quick car for the price. Extremely competitive against a Porsche GT4 on track I suspect.
Certainly, in addition to the HP increase, the turbo should pickup about 10% on torque as well ~ 354 lb-ft .
Hopefully with improved DCT shift adaptations, it will be a much different car than the original press car the 'magazines' evaluated.

He's a fun tool to play around with https://www.carspecs.us/calculator/0-60
Assume 3188 lb curb + driver (150lb)-- If the wheels don't spin due to the basis; select AWD
0-60mph-- 3.705 seconds

Certainly, in addition to the HP increase, the turbo should pickup about 10% on torque as well ~ 354 lb-ft .
Hopefully with improved DCT shift adaptations, it will be a much different car than the original press car the 'magazines' evaluated.

He's a fun tool to play around with https://www.carspecs.us/calculator/0-60
Assume 3188 lb curb + driver (150lb)-- If the wheels don't spin due to the basis; select AWD
0-60mph-- 3.705 seconds
Emira i4 400hp on track

Emira i4 400hp on track
BillBill also posted a - 0-100km run - with launch control 3.57s close to the 0-60 calculator est (who knows what meter he's using)

BillBill also posted a - 0-100km run - with launch control 3.57s close to the 0-60 calculator est (who knows what meter he's using)

That's with lightweight seat and aftermarket intake and exhaust.

That's with lightweight seat and aftermarket intake and exhaust.
That would explain the 2/10th diff. Shave off 75 pounds and add 10 hp. Do you correspond with BillBill or just follow his 'channel' ?

That would explain the 2/10th diff. Shave off 75 pounds and add 10 hp. Do you correspond with BillBill or just follow his 'channel' ?
Bilibili is basically Chinese Youtube so you can find all sort of contents there., I chanced upon it while searching for Chinese i4 performance.

Last edited: