I'm out - the cancellations thread

Yeah, why are @TomE and @VL3X still hanging around when they passed on their opportunity to buy, or have canceled? What's wrong with those guys?

Ha! I know you're kidding, but seriously.. I'm here because I do love Lotus, the Emira, and this community! I hope to own an Emira one day, but for now I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my Evora GT. Absolutely loving every second and a smile hasn't left my face for the last 2 weeks. Going to my first C&C with it this weekend and getting the Cup2s mounted next week. I have lots of plans and need to create a journal here whenever I have time. I'm out of town through Sunday, but I'll block some time early next week to create a thread. 😎

Ha! I know you're kidding, but seriously.. I'm here because I do love Lotus, the Emira, and this community! I hope to own an Emira one day, but for now I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my Evora GT. Absolutely loving every second and a smile hasn't left my face for the last 2 weeks. Going to my first C&C with it this weekend and getting the Cup2s mounted next week. I have lots of plans and need to create a journal here whenever I have time. I'm out of town through Sunday, but I'll block some time early next week to create a thread. 😎
Are you the guy here with that fancy limited run machine? 😍

Today is my 2 year anniversary and I am also out. Its not all Lotus' fault, the economic situation isn't great & everyone has increased prices. But they have done nothing to help the situation. I figured with depreciation of the i4 (almost guaranteed) I could pick one up 'soon'. In the meantime I've bought an A110 and am really enjoying it.

Today is my 2 year anniversary and I am also out. Its not all Lotus' fault, the economic situation isn't great & everyone has increased prices. But they have done nothing to help the situation. I figured with depreciation of the i4 (almost guaranteed) I could pick one up 'soon'. In the meantime I've bought an A110 and am really enjoying it.

Congrats on the A110! I wish we got those in the US. Post up a pic!

Attachments

• 20230721_170937.jpg
    20230721_170937.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 107
Yeah, why are @TomE and @VL3X still hanging around when they passed on their opportunity to buy, or have canceled? What's wrong with those guys?
Hey, I’ve still got TWO Emira deposits in place, which is two more than some people on here! :)

I just loved dealing with LCC so much, and sharing the watch party with all the North American folks, that I joined the back of the queue again.

I wish I was in a position to be so impatient that waiting for something I wanted was so unbearable that I had to go and buy a different 2-seat sports car. I thought I was making a decent living but I guess I must be the most broke guy on here because the thought of buying a $100k sports car is still kind of nuts to me.

Listen, I was smitten with the Emira from the day I saw it and I really wanted one. I'm not cross-shopping it with anything. It's Emira or bust. Owning a Lotus just felt really special to me and I wanted to do it. I don't want a Caymen or a Miata or an SL63, et al. So the long and delayed wait we've all faced, while a bummer, is something I am totally fine with.

Waiting will just make it more special when I get it. Just thinking about the day it's in my garage makes me smile. Don't get me wrong, Lotus' communications have been abysmal, but I must be a masochist because I think it almost adds to the charm and exclusivity of the brand. "Yeah, I put up with some real bulls#it waiting for this sucker to get here, but, would you just look at it!?"

Anyways, thanks for attending my Ted Talk.

I wish I was in a position to be so impatient that waiting for something I wanted was so unbearable that I had to go and buy a different 2-seat sports car. I thought I was making a decent living but I guess I must be the most broke guy on here because the thought of buying a $100k sports car is still kind of nuts to me.

Listen, I was smitten with the Emira from the day I saw it and I really wanted one. I'm not cross-shopping it with anything. It's Emira or bust. Owning a Lotus just felt really special to me and I wanted to do it. I don't want a Caymen or a Miata or an SL63, et al. So the long and delayed wait we've all faced, while a bummer, is something I am totally fine with.

Waiting will just make it more special when I get it. Just thinking about the day it's in my garage makes me smile. Don't get me wrong, Lotus' communications have been abysmal, but I must be a masochist because I think it almost adds to the charm and exclusivity of the brand. "Yeah, I put up with some real bulls#it waiting for this sucker to get here, but, would you just look at it!?"

Anyways, thanks for attending my Ted Talk.
I totally agree with you….nothing as beautiful as the Emira. Especially at that price point. I am on the FE 2.0 list and now that it is getting closer to actually getting the car, I am having doubts.

The nearest dealer is about 5 hours away. After reading about the issues that some of the current owners are having, it makes me second guess my decision a little bit. I know that I would absolutely have a blast driving the car, but I would hate to have to be making 5 hour drives to the dealership.

Anyone else feeling this way?

I totally agree with you….nothing as beautiful as the Emira. Especially at that price point. I am on the FE 2.0 list and now that it is getting closer to actually getting the car, I am having doubts.

The nearest dealer is about 5 hours away. After reading about the issues that some of the current owners are having, it makes me second guess my decision a little bit. I know that I would absolutely have a blast driving the car, but I would hate to have to be making 5 hour drives to the dealership.

Anyone else feeling this way?
Honestly, I didn't think I would be saying this - but after talking to many people at Goodwood this weekend I think the majority of ECU / Electrical items will be sorted if not already. My understanding was there was a big push to have the i4 Chinese cars as niggle free as possible.

At the end of the day Eletre and EV's are the cars going to save Lotus and their home market of China (for EV) is the most important for the Lotus brand. Emira is not the most complex vehicle in the world especially in manual V6 format. The early cars were always going to have issues. Being in year two of production I have a bit more confidence in the product.

With that said, 5 hours is a heck of a drive for service/issues. Anything over 2 hours would have me re-thinking Emira at this point as well.

Enjoy that car and certainly make a journal thread and keep us updated on what you are doing and learning with the Evora.
I'd love to! I'll have to check with the mods and see if it's appropriate. Maybe in our Off Topic sub....

Journal thread created here for those interested. :cool:

After being told by Lotus of DC (both over the phone in May, and again in person at the demo test drive last month), that I was getting my car in the first batch of FEs, I was told today that I'm now in the FE 2.0 batch. I know this is fair game for dealers to max their profits and push people out of priority slots when bigger $$ talks, but this, of course, now means I won't get my car until well into next year, and I also have to pay the new, higher price regardless of my signed contract at the original price. Pardon my language, but F%#k that. I'm 100% out. I've asked them to refund my deposit. Even though I've been waiting with excitement for a couple years now, I have literally no feelings of regret. I'm no fan of being lied to and getting screwed over.
I've enjoyed my year in this online community, and i wish better luck to all of you. I'll be sure to honk when I see you out there on the US roads next year!

@vroomvroom .. I fully understand your position. And partly think that by mid to end of 2025 that you will be able to buy a used Emira at a nice discount or order one new in a timely manner. You (we) just need to reset our expectation to that time frame and go a different route until then. There might be new colors or options available at the time as a bonus - who knows!
(Yes, my rationalizing the delays is pretty obvious.... My Apologizes)

After being told by Lotus of DC (both over the phone in May, and again in person at the demo test drive last month), that I was getting my car in the first batch of FEs, I was told today that I'm now in the FE 2.0 batch. I know this is fair game for dealers to max their profits and push people out of priority slots when bigger $$ talks, but this, of course, now means I won't get my car until well into next year, and I also have to pay the new, higher price regardless of my signed contract at the original price. Pardon my language, but F%#k that. I'm 100% out. I've asked them to refund my deposit. Even though I've been waiting with excitement for a couple years now, I have literally no feelings of regret. I'm no fan of being lied to and getting screwed over.
I've enjoyed my year in this online community, and i wish better luck to all of you. I'll be sure to honk when I see you out there on the US roads next year!
Yeah I was supposedly in the mid-20’s when I made my deposit back in July of ‘21 and was told that I just missed the cut for the FE. When I took my test drive in October of last year I met at least 3 customers that were offered an FE but passed on it and chose to wait.

Those passed over cars went somewhere but certainly weren’t offered to me. When the 2.0 was announced I figured I had a shot at one of those allotments but that doesn’t appear to be the case. The lack of clarity on this whole “place in line” bs is quite annoying….

Sorry the hear this. With all the production delays you would think that Lotus would push a little on servicing the customers in proper order. Perhaps it is completely out of their control with all the dealer laws, even if they know when each depositor placed their order based on your customer numbers. I hope they punish these dealers by allotting them less allocations in the future, just like chevy and ford did with the C8 and Shelby's.

In Canada the LUX tax has officially ended any type of flipping over here. In fact the sports car market in Canada is falling pretty badly at the moment, next year will be interesting as the sports cars/high end are pilling up on dealer lots at the moment.

After 25 months, I'm out. Ultimately going in an Exige Sport 410 a few weeks ago was the final nail in the coffin (much preferred it to the Emira at similar price point). Good luck to those sticking it out ... looking forward to seeing much more Emiras on the road as they do look great and I hope Lotus ultimately do make a success of it.

Interesting as I’ve just done exactly the same thing and loving the Alpine.

The thing that’s now got me considering bailing out is the fact the Chinese are getting a 400 bhp i4 ( mentioned again in the latest top gear i4 review)and the rest of us 360 bhp .
That’s really not acceptable.
I live in the UK and they are exporting a better version of the car I’ve had a deposit on for over 2 years 😡

The thing that’s now got me considering bailing out is the fact the Chinese are getting a 400 bhp i4 ( mentioned again in the latest top gear i4 review)and the rest of us 360 bhp .
That’s really not acceptable.
I live in the UK and they are exporting a better version of the car I’ve had a deposit on for over 2 years 😡

Yup, that's frustrating. The V6 being detuned from it's predecessor never sat right with me either.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back