I'm out - the cancellations thread

I collect mine sometime next week. Like most people, I've had doubts and second thoughts about residuals etc etc but I've just taken the view of 'f*ck it', you cant live your life on what might or might not happen. If I lose money then that's just the nature of cars and depreciating assets. I won't be able to drive it to work for a good few months due to the redundancy situation and it would just be in bad taste so the girlfriend is going to use it and I'll stick with the BMW. If I end up getting made redundant then I'll sell it and take a hit, c'est la vie.

The Emira with its classic - and timeless - styling is worth any wait. People are so impatient nowadays. Just focus on something else in the mean time in life, and you will have a Wonderfull time and just the joy when the car arrives after a long wait!!! And it's worth it! For the money, nothing beats it.

It's your own mind that defines how to look at things!

View attachment 28957

Easily said when you already have it in your possession and aren’t facing price hikes and delays like most of us across the pond.

Nice garage btw.

I collect mine sometime next week. Like most people, I've had doubts and second thoughts about residuals etc etc but I've just taken the view of 'f*ck it', you cant live your life on what might or might not happen. If I lose money then that's just the nature of cars and depreciating assets. I won't be able to drive it to work for a good few months due to the redundancy situation and it would just be in bad taste so the girlfriend is going to use it and I'll stick with the BMW. If I end up getting made redundant then I'll sell it and take a hit, c'est la vie.
What a great attitude. Life is short enjoy every moment that you can. Don’t go through life havIng any regrets believe me you will be sorry.
Hope don’t get made redundant think positive.
99% of cars are a depreciating assets So what as you said “f*uck it”
So many people on this forum complain and bitch about really stupid shit. Yes they / we are all entitled to say what you want and we can agree or disagree. All our opinions negative or positive count.
2 years in and no idea when I’m getting my FE but wherever it arrives I will be grateful that I bought it.
Love this forum.
Cheers to such a wonderful group of people.

Well, I had a shorter run than most. Deposited December 22 on an i4. First i4 price increase, I could live with, but now that I’m seeing 100k for a FE i4, very little chance I stay in. Frankly, as Lotus starts to break the 100k mark, the car (especially the i4) loses its major value proposition. That being said, I pretty much know I want a new car vs. used, so the only real competitor I see is the Cayman. Now in a bit of a predicament. Part of the appeal of the Emira was that I was ok with the wait. I got a new car in early-mid 2022 that I would like to keep until ~2025, at which point my understanding is that the Cayman platform is moving electric. I am not opposed to electric cars, but I still would like the chance to own one great gas sports car in my life. Although I’m mentally out, I am in the fortunate position where I am fine keeping the $2.5K deposit in until I decide on something else, so I will likely stay on the list and remain addicted to browsing this forum for now.

What a great attitude. Life is short enjoy every moment that you can. Don’t go through life havIng any regrets believe me you will be sorry.
Hope don’t get made redundant think positive.
99% of cars are a depreciating assets So what as you said “f*uck it”
So many people on this forum complain and bitch about really stupid shit. Yes they / we are all entitled to say what you want and we can agree or disagree. All our opinions negative or positive count.
2 years in and no idea when I’m getting my FE but wherever it arrives I will be grateful that I bought it.
Love this forum.
Cheers to such a wonderful group of people.

Thanks. I 'should' be okay given my role and responsibilities etc but I've learnt never to take anything for granted. And if things get really bad in the UK then that might be a different situation. I'm fortunate though that theres usually a good demand for my skills so shouldnt have too much difficulty finding alternative work, it just might not be at the level and salary I'm used to.

And if that fails, I've a back burner plan for my own business that I might just accelerate. Plan A, B and C 😁. Be prepared as they say in the scouts.

On the 'orientation" (first) day of college, the Dean told us to look at the person on our left and then right. Within a few months one of them will have quit. Perhaps that is what it will be like here within the next year.

Two of the people on this list perhaps, who haven't visited or posted for some time but were prolific posters 12 months ago? :)

EmiraForum post counts 2023-07-14.JPG

Well today is the 2nd anniversary of me placing a £2,000 ‘deposit’ on the new Lotus Emira. I was always in for the i4 Base with a couple of extras so around £65k OTR. I loved the car and was keen to support the iconic Lotus brand.
But here we are 2 years on with a second price rise in two months and another being touted for early next year. My £65k will now be more like £80k, delivery will be (possibly) Q3 2024 not Q3 2022, the consistently poor communications and confusion from Lotus Customer Care, means that, with a very heavy heart, I’m out.
I’ve enjoyed the Forum and the posts, especially from the likes of TomE, and I wish all the Emira community the very best whether you’re enjoying the car already or still waiting.

On the 'orientation" (first) day of college, the Dean told us to look at the person on our left and then right. Within a few months one of them will have quit. Perhaps that is what it will be like here within the next year.
The quitters will regret. The Emira is such a special car that tens years from now car enthusiasts will be begging owners to let go of these cars just like how the NSX was. Just wait for it

I've often wondered why all the quitters are still on here bemoaning their lot, haven't they got better things to do...and other cars to buy!!! Or perhaps deep down they regret their decision, and choose to go on bashing the Emira to make themselves feel better ;)

I've often wondered why all the quitters are still on here bemoaning their lot, haven't they got better things to do...and other cars to buy!!! Or perhaps deep down they regret their decision, and choose to go on bashing the Emira to make themselves feel better ;)
same. or they just never placed a deposit from the beginning

Trust me when I say there is noting to bash, my car although only 2 months old has surpassed all expectations so anyone who dropped out get back in there is no shame its amazing.

All the I4ers and base car deposit holders have a lot to look forward to trust me.

Better question is why you lot are here in this very clearly titled thread to start with 😏.

Perhaps deep down you feel the need to justify your purchase by denigrating others (most of whom have moved on to comparable / better cars).

Yeah, why are @TomE and @VL3X still hanging around when they passed on their opportunity to buy, or have canceled? What's wrong with those guys?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back