I'm out - the cancellations thread

I'm thinking at this moment I may need to pull out of mine. I'm probably due to transfer the balance of funds across next week having completed checkout and been approved for finance, I was just waiting for the final call.

Then today its looking like work are going to be letting people go. Whilst there's a good chance I'd be okay, I'm thinking I wouldnt be able to drive the car to work for a good while anyway as it sends out totally the wrong message to those poor sods loosing their job. And if I cant drive it to work, then why bother at all? I might as well cancel and take a look again in the used market next summer. And if it does turn out to affect me directly, I'd sooner not have a brand new Emira I need to shift on top of mortgage increases etc.

I'm going to think about it over the weekend and will see how long I can string it out with Lotus before I need to make the call.

I'm thinking at this moment I may need to pull out of mine. I'm probably due to transfer the balance of funds across next week having completed checkout and been approved for finance, I was just waiting for the final call.

Then today its looking like work are going to be letting people go. Whilst there's a good chance I'd be okay, I'm thinking I wouldnt be able to drive the car to work for a good while anyway as it sends out totally the wrong message to those poor sods loosing their job. And if I cant drive it to work, then why bother at all? I might as well cancel and take a look again in the used market next summer. And if it does turn out to affect me directly, I'd sooner not have a brand new Emira I need to shift on top of mortgage increases etc.

I'm going to think about it over the weekend and will see how long I can string it out with Lotus before I need to make the call.

Aren’t you committed to purchase after completing checkout?

No regrets here; I waited two years for the car and it truly feels special to drive and gets ridiculous amounts of attention both stationary and on the road.

I was driving with my grandson in track mode and making lots of noise, farts and pops - a guy in a convertible R8 pulled into the next lane grinning from ear to ear and giving me thumbs up! We then both gave it large pulling onto the motorway and boy does the Emira sound glorious at 6800rpm!! (So does the R8).

I’ve had people taking selfies at petrol stations, on the motorway in traffic and lots of guys yelling “nice car mate!”

I’ve owned a McLaren 570S which never got the same amount of attention, and my Porsche 992 911 was basically so common it got ignored.

For the £82k I paid this car feels super special and you rarely see them on the roads in the UK; I’ve only come across one blue one whilst driving and one silver one in a pub car park. As for Mclarens, R8’s, Ferraris and Lambos, they are pretty common nowadays and there are so many 911s around that they are basically anonymous.

Even Evoras are still rare and look great. I guess my point is that a Lotus is a rare car because it’s hand built in Hethel and regardless of the LE niggles that are happening you’re buying into the marque and the rarity and uniqueness of the car.

giphy.gif

Hey guys - I made the call yesterday and officially cancelled my order and got my deposits refunded. Without going into too much detail on how or why I came to this extremely difficult decision (most of my concerns and complaints can be found in my post history), I'll just say that it was the right decision for me. I'm tired of waiting and I just wasn't as excited for the Seneca Blue First Edition v.1.0 that I fell in love with nearly 24 months ago (and spec ordered 16 months ago). No car should be causing stress and that's what the Emira delays and poor comms have been doing to me.

With that being said, I do have some good news... I'll be flying out to pick up and drive home my new car this Friday!! I'm extremely excited as it's been one of my dream cars, in my dream spec, and it checks all the boxes for me. I feel lucky that I have the opportunity to own it and looking forward to sharing the details later. I feel re-energized and excited for a car again and that's what this is all about, right?

More good news: I plan to continue moderating and contributing to this awesome forum! We have a great group of enthusiasts and I don't regret any of the countless hours I've spent here. Also, my best friend (who lives just ~5 miles away and ordered an Emira at the same time) is following through with his purchase, so I'll still be contributing Emira content as we'll be attending track days and other car events together whenever possible.

Whats the new car mate?

No regrets here; I waited two years for the car and it truly feels special to drive and gets ridiculous amounts of attention both stationary and on the road.

I was driving with my grandson in track mode and making lots of noise, farts and pops - a guy in a convertible R8 pulled into the next lane grinning from ear to ear and giving me thumbs up! We then both gave it large pulling onto the motorway and boy does the Emira sound glorious at 6800rpm!! (So does the R8).

I’ve had people taking selfies at petrol stations, on the motorway in traffic and lots of guys yelling “nice car mate!”

I’ve owned a McLaren 570S which never got the same amount of attention, and my Porsche 992 911 was basically so common it got ignored.

For the £82k I paid this car feels super special and you rarely see them on the roads in the UK; I’ve only come across one blue one whilst driving and one silver one in a pub car park. As for Mclarens, R8’s, Ferraris and Lambos, they are pretty common nowadays and there are so many 911s around that they are basically anonymous.

Even Evoras are still rare and look great. I guess my point is that a Lotus is a rare car because it’s hand built in Hethel and regardless of the LE niggles that are happening you’re buying into the marque and the rarity and uniqueness of the car.
all of this 👆.

I really do think that if you want to use this car as a daily, in the salt wet and shite of winter and expect excellent service, go get something else. (My Porsche experience has been a bit rubbish for a car 1/2 as much again)

ie I want the weather to be generally nicer where i live - it never will be no matter how much i want it.
Its a complex machine, it will break, dealer network/comms with factory is shite etc etc..
If any of this worries then do one and get something else - good on you. Moaning the world wont turn in your direction is doing you no good.
i sort of expected all this when I put a dipper down. I get first hand info about how things seem to roll at Hethel so I'm fully mentally tooled up.
I think it was a massive mistake to market it elsewhere when they have a pile of idiots like me willing to to guinea pig a new car for them here in the UK but they blatantly ignored and 'abused' us too.
I cant see Lotus changing at all to suit everybody.
As for the car it continues to impress me in so many new ways. Been on a 180mile trip to Lincoln then back via LITP (yes I got there as everyone was leaving - at least I got there with all the family and trammel pile in the porker).
Tried Tour for the first time over distance and its a magic carpet. The car really has been thought about and is being let down by some sketchy things. Real shame.
Thing is I have mine and its brill.
Hope the cancellers find something as good or better I genuinely do (y)

Whats the new car mate?

Been having too much fun to post the past couple days....

2020 Evora GT in my dream spec! Some of you knew my dream Emira color was Verde Ithaca (looking at you @eriegz) and I obviously couldn't let this rare opportunity pass me by. The 8 hour drive home, though mostly highways, was one of the most exciting and engaging experiences I've ever had with a vehicle. I couldn't be happier and glad to still be part of the Lotus family! ;)

20IVGT.png

2020 Evora GT in my dream spec! Some of you knew my dream Emira color was Verde Ithaca (looking at you @eriegz) and I obviously couldn't let this rare opportunity pass me by. The 8 hour drive home, though mostly highways, was one of the most exciting and engaging experiences I've ever had with a vehicle. I couldn't be happier and glad to still be part of the Lotus family! ;)

View attachment 28584

Awesome choice! Is your house a castle?

View attachment 28584

That car is money. I've been looking at Evoras lately as well. So tempting :) Very nice purchase and can't blame you one second!

View attachment 28584

Awesome spec!

That's a great spec. Congratulations and glad you are staying with Lotus !

View attachment 28584

Congrats!! Beautiful color. Love it. $20 that you will end up keeping the Evora whenever the Emira does arrive.

Ha! That's just one of my favorite local photo spots. It's a really cool gothic revival mansion turned museum and public park.
I should make a road trip, you are in the Ithaca area? Any good driving roads? I'd love a ride in an Evora, and my GT350R needs some miles.

View attachment 28584

Congratulations, great choice and glad you've stayed in the Lotus family.

View attachment 28584

I didn’t realize that you already pulled the Emira deposit. Good for you 👍

I should make a road trip, you are in the Ithaca area? Any good driving roads? I'd love a ride in an Evora, and my GT350R needs some miles.

I live in Delaware but frequent the Finger Lakes region. Roads aren't great around Ithaca, but there are some epic hikes and of course Watkins Glen International!

View attachment 28584

What color is your Evora? There's a very similar one (albeit slightly different) I'm eyeballing that has yellow calipers painted in Vivid Green Metallic. The dealer photos make the color look a bit different but I LOVE the color of yours in your photos.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back