I'm out - the cancellations thread

Why we didn't see it coming?

Less than 1 month ago Lotus HQ was telling U.S. dealers first deliveries in later winter / early spring. Now it's sounding more like another year wait.

Yeah I had an email in June saying November 2022 build.

Now it says August 2023.

Lotus, while having outside issues as well as inside, have f'ed this right up.

It has to be said, anyone on this forum could have seen where this was heading ...... its not a surprise that i4 cars are at least 7 8 9 months delayed since V6 cars are well into 8 months (spring 2022) delays also.... and are still not up to full production. The story has been evolving for a while..there should be no sudden shock here..

Porsche GT products are sold out for 2 years.... they dont even want new orders for the factory at the moment....
People's aspirations of this car being a 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and a red line of 9000 revs and delivery asap should have been slowly dashed over the last 6 - 9 months. Lotus have sapped the life from these thoughts long ago...

I understand people cancelling, but I cant quite understand how they didnt see this coming....
NO auto's anywhere was a big clue ... Matt W and others having said there were delays with them.... V6 always before i4....
Sorry to see anyone drop out and yes the worst thing is perhaps having missed out on decent interest rates to get other options, but if those other options are exclusive sports cars, I dont think there will be much on offer much sooner... And I dont think any BMW or Japenese offering is that exclusive.... Great cars yes.... but....

Waiting for the angry faces..
Correct ^

I have enjoyed this forum waaaaay more than any other I've been on for so many reasons. I will certainly hang around, but I am no longer watching every, single post like a binge-watch fest!

Put a deposit on this beauty today, looking forward to picking it up  soon!

d4f3d1b15d794bc7875badb0685b492f.jpg

Less than 1 month ago Lotus HQ was telling U.S. dealers first deliveries in later winter / early spring. Now it's sounding more like another year wait.

Exactly. And Lotus was well aware of the supplier issues and current state of the mid-pandemic world. Sure, there have been some hiccups along the way, but the original advertised delivery date was Spring 2022 when I made my initial deposit. It's change so many times since then (officially and unofficially). Lotus comms is trash and there's little respect for paying customers who've been waiting and supporting the Emira. That's the biggest problem.

I have enjoyed this forum waaaaay more than any other I've been on for so many reasons. I will certainly hang around, but I am no longer watching every, single post like a binge-watch fest!

View attachment 10495

ONE OF THE BEST SPORTS CARS EVER MADE, GREAT CHOICE AND CONGRATS, JUST NEXT TIME PLASE DON'T USE THE WORD "SOON" AROUND HERE, WE JUST DON'T LIKE IT...

View attachment 10495

CONGRATULATIONS Nicholas she’s a beauty ooo Red Leather seats gorgeous the best colour combo. I don’t think the Emira can compete with the R8 totally different level of performance, let’s us know how you find her - you’ll have a Massive Grin 😁 every ride !

Understood, but also LCC have been telling us crap for 12 months re the V6.... thats the only reason I think we could have seen any info coming out of Lotus to us or to dealers as being dubious. Naturally its not the way it should be and it wouldn't be like this with many other car companies, but..... welcome to Lotus.
However, yes its unfortunate.
I think until there are i4 cars running around in reviewers hands for example, fully approved...., then nothing Lotus say has too much validity for i4's and worse as these cars will all have an ass and ADAS.

I understand people cancelling, but I cant quite understand how they didnt see this coming....
  • Sneaking the Emira out to very recent depositor customers in Europe first?
  • RHD cars going to China and Australia before UK?
  • Early (pre-reveal) depositors ignored and given build dates pulled out of a hat, when later depositors are getting their cars?
  • Continual misinformation from Lotus on technical details as well as the ongoing charade on build / delivery dates?
  • Some customers with locked in spec for ~ 2 years while certain 'VIPs' get to change theirs at will?

Yes, we should have seen all this coming...

• Early (pre-reveal) depositors ignored and given build dates pulled out of a hat, when later depositors are getting their cars?
  • Continual misinformation from Lotus on technical details as well as the ongoing charade on build / delivery dates?
  • Some customers with locked in spec for ~ 2 years while certain 'VIPs' get to change theirs at will?

Yeah.... sounds about right.

Hollow promises on delivery month after month.

Last edited:
Hollow promises on delivery after month.

Not even just delivery, but almost everything. Remember a year ago we were told "factory pics of all FE colors would be released by the end of the month?" That was October 2021. We're still waiting on those improved comms and base spec option pricing too...

Not even just delivery, but almost everything. Remember a year ago we were told "factory pics of all FE colors would be released by the end of the month?" That was October 2021. We're still waiting on those improved comms and base spec option pricing too...
At least they’re not telling us it’s impossible to capture the FE paint colors on camera anymore. Remember that B.S. and certain forum members agreeing.

At least they’re not telling us it’s impossible to capture the FE paint colors on camera anymore. Remember that B.S. and certain forum members agreeing.

It's so silly. Hard to capture the color in a photo? Fine.. Hand your smart phone to any 6 year old and they can capture a 10 second video and upload it to tikbook or facetok for you. 😂 You know they were still adjusting the colors right? Those sample discs we got on the roadshow last year were not 100% accurate. One even had the name of a different paint on the back.

With so many apparent cancelled orders, has anyone recently been offered a cancellation slot?

One of the first UK customer cars was a lucky cancelled order car but I haven't heard anyone mention being bumped up the queue for a long time 🧐

I know a lot of cancellations will be from later orders but there must be some of the early batch cars with cancellations...

I've just ordered a Porsche 718 GTS. Interestingly,
you can't get a number of options like Bose sound upgrade or led headlights due to supply chain shortages.....and VAG have massive clout.

There is a lot of bad feeling on this thread, and I support that totally. I cancelled a month ago as had enough of the false hope and delays, on top of that a car that is no longer a Lotus. I had my letter of intent in for the Emira in January 2019 so consider myself one of the first orders and was always told that was the case. Imagine my disappointment. I’d hoped for a minimum of 430hp and may be a little more to better the outgoing pinnacle Lotus, the GT430, of which I have owned two. Instead it was castrated and 200kg added, in the back of my mind I always knew this was a retro-step but hung on to the hope of a little Lotus magic. The wait got too long and the reality is that Lotus were making what I am sure is a great car but one that I nor I believe Chapman would approve of. It was a difficult decision to cancel given I’d had Lotus cars for more than 40 years and in the last 10 Years or so bought Upwards of £500k worth of Lotus. I never expected or asked for special treatment, just what I had been promised. Upon cancelling, I thought, perhaps some customer retention would kick in but nothing, just, we‘ll refund the money to the account you paid from.

I've just ordered a Porsche 718 GTS. Interestingly,
you can't get a number of options like Bose sound upgrade or led headlights due to supply chain shortages.....and VAG have massive clout.
I’m keeping an eye on 2021 Ts, last year with those options. I image one at $70k sub 10k miles CPO then BAM I can leave all this behind

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back