I'm out - the cancellations thread

The wink was intended to give away the teasing nature of the post. Language is an evolving beast anyway, and I do enjoy being able to communicate and understand those who don't necessarily conform to the King's English (Hell, I am a European mongrel myself). The word "Jeez" had been used originally as euphemism of "Jesus" to lessen the potential of causing offence, just like "gosh" derived from "god". I guess "Geeze" just makes it a once further removed euphemism. I hope the venting worked. Wishing you a good day.

[Edited to add...] You may have noticed that I also let it pass that your correction of Good by to "Good bye" was also an Americanism of "Goodbye" (which given the religious references above is quite funny as it stemmed from "God be with you all" ...this is an international forum for globally tolerant individuals...and I for one welcome that...for the avoidance of any doubt, no offense was intended.
LOL and here I thought "Geeze" was short for Geezer. :cool:

Screenshot_20221102_155321_Gallery.jpg

Setting fire to my hopes and dreams.. same as Lotus have done for 16 months

I may be joining you. I want to retire in 2.5 years and that 93900 could go along way to helping me do that. Just getting tired of all these promises that never happen. If I get one more delay I am out as well.

So I've been driving BMWs the last 10 years.. back to the comfort of the bossom of the woman I know. Bit of swiss army knife and doesn't have any real compromises on quality or space like a Lotus. In fact I sold a BMW to make way for the Emira!

I am Lotus' perfect target market to lure me away from Ze Germans and they failed me.

Seeing as we seem to love them on the forum I bought a car with these in ... a 2022 M4 Comp the the Ultimate pack (every option) 510hp

16.jpg

So I've been driving BMWs the last 10 years.. back to the comfort of the bossom of the woman I know. Bit of swiss army knife and doesn't have any real compromises on quality or space like a Lotus. In fact I sold a BMW to make way for the Emira!

I am Lotus' perfect target market to lure me away from Ze Germans and they failed me.

Seeing as we seem to love them on the forum I bought a car with these in ... a 2022 M4 Comp the the Ultimate pack (every option) 510hp

View attachment 10415
Congratulations ultimate pack deffo way to go what exterior colour did you plum - let’s see …. for ooooo all the lovely carbon 👌🏼

Congratulations ultimate pack deffo way to go what exterior colour did you plum - let’s see …. for ooooo all the lovely carbon 👌🏼

So I sold this 2019 M4 Comp... to buy the Emira then gave up and bought a 6 month old 2022 M4 Comp

Back to what I know best, a blue BMW! (my M240 was blue too haha)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1631448995720 (2).jpg
    FB_IMG_1631448995720 (2).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20221102_134835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102_134835_Chrome.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221102_134830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102_134830_Chrome.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 86
So I sold this 2019 M4 Comp... to buy the Emira then gave up and bought a 6 month old 2022 M4 Comp

Back to what I know best, a blue BMW! (my M240 was blue too haha)
Lol you like blue - back in the day when I had red type R - guess what I replaced her with yep another Red type R ( but I actually preferred the first version where gear stick was in rally position on dash ) Anyway Be interested to know how you find her compared to your previous- but the 82 is supposed to be a lot better than model it replaced for traction etc. added bonus extra 2 seats vs Emira

I have always fancied a M3 Touring…… hmmmmmm…… but that grille…… those bucked tooth…. At least the M2 looks are more acceptable.

I really fancied the M2 but I found they're sold out for 18 months already

I have always fancied a M3 Touring…… hmmmmmm…… but that grille…… those bucked tooth…. At least the M2 looks are more acceptable.
I’ve been waiting for an M3 Touring for years. But I’m not sure I can stretch to an Emira too. I have a deposit on the Touring with delivery expected in June. Lotus are making the decision easier for me..

I emailed the dealer last night to finalize canceling my order. Normally I don't really hear much from them, but I got an email back very quickly this morning and it was kind of odd and left things wide open:

"Thank you for your feed back but I have remind you this car to me is the European model /prototype and not 100% reflective of what the USA version will be in the final build.
I think they are and from what I heard still refining it and we all are hoping for the final to have more horsepower which is not out of the question at this time."

Something tells me that is wishful thinking that they're going to suddenly increase the power. Even if they added 20 to 30 horsepower I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a big enough difference for me to change my mind given the other factors involved.

Lotus have returned our deposits :) we hope they manage to sort out their problems

I emailed the dealer last night to finalize canceling my order. Normally I don't really hear much from them, but I got an email back very quickly this morning and it was kind of odd and left things wide open:

"Thank you for your feed back but I have remind you this car to me is the European model /prototype and not 100% reflective of what the USA version will be in the final build.
I think they are and from what I heard still refining it and we all are hoping for the final to have more horsepower which is not out of the question at this time."

Something tells me that is wishful thinking that they're going to suddenly increase the power. Even if they added 20 to 30 horsepower I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a big enough difference for me to change my mind given the other factors involved.

🧐 What? The dealer seriously said the USA version might have more HP? By final build they must mean the actual final edition that'll come in 10 years or so... 😂

I reached out to CS today and asked specifically about my order and if NA production was still on schedule to begin in Jan even with the latest delays my UK friends are being contacted about. The response I got was the same copy and pasted BS... I responded and asked to kindly escalate my question to a manager or someone who can actually look up my order and confirm if I'll be receiving my Emira this spring or can assist me in canceling and returning my deposits.

Screenshot_20221103_083056.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back