I'm out - the cancellations thread

Just email, deposit returned within 2 weeks. They did ask the reason for cancelling.
Are you kidding? Like they have no idea?
There's probably a script with boxes to tick and later tabulate for analytical purposes.
With a sub category-- Here's one we haven't heard before

How about:
You really have to ask? I'm not getting any younger and you're not working any faster to fulfill my dreams before I die.
:)

Decided to pull my deposit at Star Motor Cars of Houston. I had zero communication from them for a year. The final straw was when they had a demo car arrive for test drives and I didn’t get notified. I found out on Facebook from others.

I think it’s a great car and I wish you all well and hope it’s worth the wait and price and lack of customer service.

I bought a new A91 Supra with manual and absolutely love it. Right car for me at the moment.

Attachments

• 05C0C1AF-6B37-4F81-B379-4810704E732F.jpeg
    05C0C1AF-6B37-4F81-B379-4810704E732F.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 126
Decided to pull my deposit at Star Motor Cars of Houston. I had zero communication from them for a year. The final straw was when they had a demo car arrive for test drives and I didn’t get notified. I found out on Facebook from others.

I think it’s a great car and I wish you all well and hope it’s worth the wait and price and lack of customer service.

I bought a new A91 Supra with manual and absolutely love it. Right car for me at the moment.

Congrats on the Supra! I've considered getting one instead too. Check back in a year and see if any of us actually got our Emira or if we're still waiting. 🙃

I thought long and hard about doing this as well. The reviews on that car have been overwhelmingly positive with the manual. I’m also not sure how a BMW in-line six could be a detrimental thing. What’s your early thoughts on it. Do you think the a 91 was worth 6k?

Great car. Just spent the morning trying to see where i can find one and go for a test drive.

That new 2023 M2 Manual is becoming mighty tempting now quite a few folks are pulling out!!!

I thought long and hard about doing this as well. The reviews on that car have been overwhelmingly positive with the manual. I’m also not sure how a BMW in-line six could be a detrimental thing. What’s your early thoughts on it. Do you think the a 91 was worth 6k?
I love the CU Later gray color. Very difficult to photograph and capture how it changes in the sunlight. The “CU” is for the copper flake in the paint that really is amazing. The interior hazelnut is also beautiful. Not sure if worth the extra 6k but I really love it.

I bought the car in New York and drove it down to Houston in 2 days so…..1600 miles in 2 days. The car is amazing. I previously had a 2003 Z4 that I drove for 15 years and put 150000 miles on. So this is a big upgrade.

The BMW engine is rock solid. The HP is rated at 382 but I’m sure they are under listing that. The transmission is absolutely wonderful as well. Feels pretty perfect. The exhaust sounds great in sport mode.

What I was most surprised by was how comfortable the car is. The seats are the best I have ever experienced. I could have driven another 2 days without complaining. The cabin is also very quiet when you want it to be.

Complaints:
1. The wind buffeting with windows down is real but I fixed it with 40 dollar ebay parts and ten minutes of work and they look like they came with the car

2. Cupholder with a cup in it really gets in the way of shifting….

That’s about it though.

I’m very happy with the car so far

I love the CU Later gray color. Very difficult to photograph and capture how it changes in the sunlight. The “CU” is for the copper flake in the paint that really is amazing. The interior hazelnut is also beautiful. Not sure if worth the extra 6k but I really love it.

I bought the car in New York and drove it down to Houston in 2 days so…..1600 miles in 2 days. The car is amazing. I previously had a 2003 Z4 that I drove for 15 years and put 150000 miles on. So this is a big upgrade.

The BMW engine is rock solid. The HP is rated at 382 but I’m sure they are under listing that. The transmission is absolutely wonderful as well. Feels pretty perfect. The exhaust sounds great in sport mode.

What I was most surprised by was how comfortable the car is. The seats are the best I have ever experienced. I could have driven another 2 days without complaining. The cabin is also very quiet when you want it to be.

Complaints:
1. The wind buffeting with windows down is real but I fixed it with 40 dollar ebay parts and ten minutes of work and they look like they came with the car

2. Cupholder with a cup in it really gets in the way of shifting….

That’s about it though.

I’m very happy with the car so far

Yeah, I've posted about this car before. It's tempting and much less expensive than the Emira. If I don't get mine by May, I'll be picking something else up.

vossen-2020-toyota-supra.jpg

Yeah, I've posted about this car before. It's tempting and much less expensive than the Emira. If I don't get mine by May, I'll be picking something else up.

View attachment 10392
There’s a review of the manual supra against a cayman GTS on pistonheads. I don’t like the Supra but that colour and the kit on it looks tasty.

I have strongly considered a Supra too. Performance and price point is awesome and the tuning abilities absolutely crazy! Not a fan of the fake vents but hey, they don’t slow the car down any. I test drove an Emira so I am sold on the wait! Enjoy your car!!!

I too am a Supra fan. I love seeing them on the road. I drove behind one and the exhaust was doing all kinds of poppin. Is that something they do stock?

These are bittersweet times. ICE is ending and manufacturers seem to be going out with their best. So many great cars to choose from. Congratulations on the new car!

I too am a Supra fan. I love seeing them on the road. I drove behind one and the exhaust was doing all kinds of poppin. Is that something they do stock?

These are bittersweet times. ICE is ending and manufacturers seem to be going out with their best. So many great cars to choose from. Congratulations on the new car!

Could be an aftermarket "pops and bangs" tune. The Emira does it subtly with some class.. But some of these ricers are rolling around sounding like a gun fight. 🙄

"Back in my day" we had to bounce off the rev limiter or down shift and cause the car to run a little rich with a catless exhaust to have a little pop and some flame if you were lucky. 😂

Thanks! Yes, the exhaust makes all those fun noises in stock form when the car is in SPORT mode.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back