I'm out - the cancellations thread

Nope. Not “all”. The Emira won’t need major surgery to the suspension or ride height or the power for my use and I’m sure for many others too. And I’m not just using it to pop to the shops and hang out at the local car cruise.

It’s surprising how many people who have never driven the car have already concluded they need to make major modifications to it. Wouldn’t you be better off buying a car that better meets your requirements out of the gate?

If you’re into tuning and mods and tinkering then fair play to you. If you need a low rider that smokes everyone at the drag strip you might get there by modifying an Emira but there are probably easier start points.
I've done the "fix the car up 'till it is a pain in the ass" thing too many times already. Too much time on the Corvette forum listening to guys who talked like Dan Gurney with the driving skills of Homer Simpson rant on about how the Vette just had to have coil-overs... one mod I managed not to do to my z06!
Now that I am old and a bit smarter I'm looking at the Emira for exactly what it is and will be just fine with it the way it comes out of the factory. Money and headaches saved.

Emira Forum members at a group get together meet and greet after finally taking delivery of their EMIRA's ......after multiple lengthly delays ......

Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 12.53.53 AM.png

do you mean Jeez ;)😂
Nope but we're both right. You can use a G or a J. Not really an important word...:) This has just been one of those days when it seems like every other person I have contact with either misspells or misuses a word so I just did a small teeny tiny vent that's all..:)

Nope but we're both right. You can use a G or a J. Not really an important word...:) This has just been one of those days when it seems like every other person I have contact with either misspells or misuses a word so I just did a small teeny tiny vent that's all..:)
The wink was intended to give away the teasing nature of the post. Language is an evolving beast anyway, and I do enjoy being able to communicate and understand those who don't necessarily conform to the King's English (Hell, I am a European mongrel myself). The word "Jeez" had been used originally as euphemism of "Jesus" to lessen the potential of causing offence, just like "gosh" derived from "god". I guess "Geeze" just makes it a once further removed euphemism. I hope the venting worked. Wishing you a good day.

[Edited to add...] You may have noticed that I also let it pass that your correction of Good by to "Good bye" was also an Americanism of "Goodbye" (which given the religious references above is quite funny as it stemmed from "God be with you all" ...this is an international forum for globally tolerant individuals...and I for one welcome that...for the avoidance of any doubt, no offense was intended.

Last edited:
The wink was intended to give away the teasing nature of the post. Language is an evolving beast anyway, and I do enjoy being able to communicate and understand those who don't necessarily conform to the King's English (Hell, I am a European mongrel myself). The word "Jeez" had been used originally as euphemism of "Jesus" to lessen the potential of causing offence, just like "gosh" derived from "god". I guess "Geeze" just makes it a once further removed euphemism. I hope the venting worked. Wishing you a good day.

[Edited to add...] You may have noticed that I also let it pass that your correction of Good by to "Good bye" was also an Americanism of "Goodbye" (which given the religious references above is quite funny as it stemmed from "God be with you all" ...this is an international forum for globally tolerant individuals...and I for one welcome that...for the avoidance of any doubt, no offense was intended.
Good that you also used the US spelling for offence. You're trying very hard.😀

Is your profile pic a De Tomaso Pantera?!? I have been dying to ask.

A quick search on here and you'll find it:

Yep a group IV I waited forever to have built. I put a 514ci big block in it with those "bundle o snakes" headers. It looked and sounded incredible but was scary as hell to drive as there was nothing but thin steel skin on those doors, you could almost rest your arm on the alternator and your forehead was inches away from the windshield. I loved it but the guy that built it did a great job with the mechanical stuff but no emergency brake, no wipers, no defroster, the headers were too close to the water reservoir so it puked fluid after every drive. Plus I was mistaken thinking it would be a great "road-trip" car. It wasn't...at all. So when the c6z06 came out we went ahead and sold it to purchase one of those and that was indeed a fantastic road trip car...:) I do miss scaring people with the Pantera though!!

Ah and we think Russian is difficult... cheers..:)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back