I'm out - the cancellations thread

Feeling the same way. Passion is fading fast, and after seeing the new M4 up close last year, I thought it looked good/mean. Only problem is that it will be much more commonplace than the Lotus. But better colors, seats, power, dealer network, parts accessibility, options, etc.
With priorities like that, no idea why you were looking at Lotus to begin with. These cars are absolutely not for everyone. Everything you mentioned is true.

With priorities like that, no idea why you were looking at Lotus to begin with. These cars are absolutely not for everyone. Everything you mentioned is true.
Well, I didn't plan on them being a big letdown in the communication/photos of cars department. Also, ends up being a long time waiting on the new car, which is unfortunate. Who knows? I will see what happens when people start taking deliveries.

The new M4 is certainly a temptation, particularly with a replacement nose (like the Prior Design one below)…

9CC7EB5B-3BC8-45DD-BB01-1742E9417FBC.jpeg

Hmmm over 100k with options and then swap out bumper because the stock one is hideous. Sorry hard pass on that. Plus no manual.(n)

Well, I didn't plan on them being a big letdown in the communication/photos of cars department. Also, ends up being a long time waiting on the new car, which is unfortunate. Who knows? I will see what happens when people start taking deliveries.
Waiting is a pain. Having a Lotus already makes it a lot easier.

Hmmm over 100k with options and then swap out bumper because the stock one is hideous. Sorry hard pass on that. Plus no manual.(n)

No manual is a killer for me, but don't act like we don't have to drop money into the Emira to make it ideal. If it arrives with the Subaru wheel gap we'll all be dropping $2-3k on coilovers and within the first year we'll be voiding the warranty to add more power one way or another.

No manual is a killer for me, but don't act like we don't have to drop money into the Emira to make it ideal. If it arrives with the Subaru wheel gap we'll all be dropping $2-3k on coilovers and within the first year we'll be voiding the warranty to add more power one way or another.
So true it sounds like we have the same affliction.

Beat me shoot me but the BS complain and bitching about every little thing I just don’t get it
Seriously all you people go buy something else. Lotus is what it is. Wheel gap, comms and all the other BS complaint. Go elsewhere to bitch and complain. You want the car or not???
Go guy your Porsche or Ferrari or whatever you want.
As someone said Lotus is not for everyone.
It’s not the perfect car but if you have never owned one or driven one you will never understand Lotus or what it is.
There are serious and bigger issues in the world. You and I are extremely privileged compared to 95% of everyone else but you complain about stupid shit
Good luck to all of you.

Beat me shoot me but the BS complain and bitching about every little thing I just don’t get it
Seriously all you people go buy something else. Lotus is what it is. Wheel gap, comms and all the other BS complaint. Go elsewhere to bitch and complain. You want the car or not???
It’s not the perfect car but if you have never owned one or driven one you will never understand Lotus or what it is.
There are serious and bigger issues in the world. You and I are extremely privileged compared to 95% of everyone else but you complain about stupid shit
Good luck to all of you.
Hear Hear, the site is full of complainers, overgrown School Boys. With there stupid and irrelevant questions. As far as Porsche goes, my 718 was the most unreliable car I've had the misfortune to own, was glad to see the back of it.

Good luck to all of you.
Your posts like this are not helpful and are actually more whiney sounding.

BTW - manual transmission is an option for the M4

I don't expect I'll have to drop money into the Emira, and I for one most certainly will not be getting coilovers. My Alfa Romeo Giulia has about 300 hp and weighs about 3600 lbs. The Emira will have 100 more hp and weigh 400 lbs less, so if my Alfa is fun to drive, the Emira is going to be even better. Maximum power and speed isn't my goal for getting the car; it's the looks, handling, and a manual trans.

I don't expect I'll have to drop money into the Emira, and I for one most certainly will not be getting coilovers. My Alfa Romeo Giulia has about 300 hp and weighs about 3600 lbs. The Emira will have 100 more hp and weigh 400 lbs less, so if my Alfa is fun to drive, the Emira is going to be even better. Maximum power and speed isn't my goal for getting the car; it's the looks, handling, and a manual trans.

I thought you had the 520bhp Quadrifoglio! 300bhp Pish... 😉😅😁

Hear Hear, the site is full of complainers, overgrown School Boys. With there stupid and irrelevant questions. As far as Porsche goes, my 718 was the most unreliable car I've had the misfortune to own, was glad to see the back of it.
Sounds like lotus customers have taken a downturn or the truth hurts

Stupid and irrelevant to inquire about delivery performance and date of arrival ! You need to go to school pal

Dark Vedant is for those who want to be noticed but don’t wants others to think they’re trying to be noticed 😆
yes if you dont want to be noticed, get a 3 series....
I got pulled over in colombia several times in my YELLOW 2 seater, but it was generally just so they could check the car out ... speeding tickets for the most part are, in the EU and UK, automated machines with no human interaction

Your posts like this are not helpful and are actually more whiney sounding.

BTW - manual transmission is an option for the M4
My bad when I optioned out a car on the BMW site I did not see the manual option. I must have missed it. When I optioned the car came out to $108,000. The front grill is to much for me to get over. Back in the day I loved the boxy design of the M3. Not sure I like the current design direction.

Last edited:
Nope. Not “all”. The Emira won’t need major surgery to the suspension or ride height or the power for my use and I’m sure for many others too. And I’m not just using it to pop to the shops and hang out at the local car cruise.

It’s surprising how many people who have never driven the car have already concluded they need to make major modifications to it. Wouldn’t you be better off buying a car that better meets your requirements out of the gate?

If you’re into tuning and mods and tinkering then fair play to you. If you need a low rider that smokes everyone at the drag strip you might get there by modifying an Emira but there are probably easier start points.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back