I'm out - the cancellations thread

Hate to reignite an old topic but the vast majority of buddy’s to the new Lotus brand are firstly looks from a great sports brand. If it looked like a pig I wouldn’t be buying one no matter how it went round corners. Truth is Lotus made a car for the masses and That meant good looks and compromises on the handling. But boy them looks.
Possibly one of the shortest and more concise summaries I've read here, sums it up nicely.

Last edited:
Sorry its quite hot hear!
@vision .... it's quite hot here.
Welcome to Texas.
Screenshot_20220719-083258_Weather.jpg

@vision .... it's quite hot here.
Welcome to Texas.
View attachment 7531
Yeah, I'm no stranger to Actual Hot Summers (from Australia) ... unfortunately the houses in the UK are built with a cold climate mentality, based on trying to keep heat in.

People have looked at me like I had three heads in the past when I said I was considering fitting a central ventilation system and air-con for every bedroom while renovating. Who's laughing now! huh!?!

... oh... wait, not me. Because the renovations aren't finished, and I have no air-con yet. :cry:

Yeah, I'm no stranger to Actual Hot Summers (from Australia) ... unfortunately the houses in the UK are built with a cold climate mentality, based on trying to keep heat in.

People have looked at me like I had three heads in the past when I said I was considering fitting a central ventilation system and air-con for every bedroom while renovating. Who's laughing now! huh!?!

... oh... wait, not me. Because the renovations aren't finished, and I have no air-con yet. :cry:

This week Im feeling smug that I've yet to renovate our house and move the bedrooms from the ground floor built into the hillside to the roof extension....
Next week I will feel like a useless lazy so and so again

Pretty inconsiderate.

If you'd just recently finished commissioning your spangly new air-con it might have guaranteed us a moderate summer instead of this...

:ROFLMAO:

Didn't realize I stumbled upon the secret HVAC thread on Emira forums but I'll add to it :)

When I was stationed in the Pacific Northwest many moons ago (and I am from the southern part of the US and everyone has it), I remember looking at alot of houses to buy and not a one had AC. Finally asked the real estate agent why no aircon and she said there is only about 1-2 weeks where you need it so everyone just runs a fan. From my 2nd house, I put it in as those couple weeks are not fun. It sure is nice to have it though.

Reactions: ADC
Didn't realize I stumbled upon the secret HVAC thread on Emira forums but I'll add to it :)

When I was stationed in the Pacific Northwest many moons ago (and I am from the southern part of the US and everyone has it), I remember looking at alot of houses to buy and not a one had AC. Finally asked the real estate agent why no aircon and she said there is only about 1-2 weeks where you need it so everyone just runs a fan. From my 2nd house, I put it in as those couple weeks are not fun. It sure is nice to have it though.

I am from a cold part of the US. If my house is not at 68 degrees, then the AC is on. If I am feeling really risque, then I set the AC to 65. I feel bad for my British brethren right now.

I am from a cold part of the US. If my house is not at 68 degrees, then the AC is on. If I am feeling really risque, then I set the AC to 65. I feel bad for my British brethren right now.
I'm from the "sometimes 70 in December, sometimes snows in May" part of the US.

So I’m out too. Been on the fence for some time. Experience with dealer has been poor. Communication with lotus almost zero. Quality concerns and performance concerns for my use case have overwhelmed my initial infatuation with what is no doubt an absolutely beautiful car.

If I could get one in a decent color with carbon fiber bits I probably would have stayed but I’m tired of trying to convince myself. The passion is faded.

I’m going to order a 2023 bmw M4 for which I will be much faster for my driving , awd for poor weather safety, carbon everywhere and any color I want. Plus 7 year warranty all for same price.

I will miss having such an unusual car and the exclusive nature but for me it’s the right decision. Maybe I’ll be back in a few years for the final send off version.

So I’m out too. Been on the fence for some time. Experience with dealer has been poor. Communication with lotus almost zero. Quality concerns and performance concerns for my use case have overwhelmed my initial infatuation with what is no doubt an absolutely beautiful car.

If I could get one in a decent color with carbon fiber bits I probably would have stayed but I’m tired of trying to convince myself. The passion is faded.

I’m going to order a 2023 bmw M4 for which I will be much faster for my driving , awd for poor weather safety, carbon everywhere and any color I want. Plus 7 year warranty all for same price.

I will miss having such an unusual car and the exclusive nature but for me it’s the right decision. Maybe I’ll be back in a few years for the final send off version.
Not that I can stand the G8X looks, but how long of a wait are you looking at for it?

Not that I can stand the G8X looks, but how long of a wait are you looking at for it?
I was a hater big time ago until I saw it in person. Hate the Normal 4 series but the M4 I’ve found a new appreciation for. Not sure but I would guess 6-12 months

Ironically the green colour is amazing as well! Enjoy

Congrats 🎉 mate happy for you. Right decision and the BMW in Xdrive is epic.

M4 superb you’ll love it - the exterior carbon is 🥰 , and I would deffo recommend the carbon bucket seats you feel really special in these bad boys . Loads of driving settings to play with the 4WD will be awesome and like you say tons of colour combos to go for 🤞

I was a hater big time ago until I saw it in person. Hate the Normal 4 series but the M4 I’ve found a new appreciation for. Not sure but I would guess 6-12 months
Feeling the same way. Passion is fading fast, and after seeing the new M4 up close last year, I thought it looked good/mean. Only problem is that it will be much more commonplace than the Lotus. But better colors, seats, power, dealer network, parts accessibility, options, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back