I'm out - the cancellations thread

Somehow, until this thread I actually had no idea what a 718 Spyder is.
I think I must have heard about it but immediately excused it as just another Boxster which I have nothing good to say about.

But , wow, those 718 Spyders look the nuts. I really had no clue. The only Porsche that was on my rader was some form of GT3 - believing, seriously, the ONLY Porsche to get is a 911.

The shop has sailed now but I have to say I would have had a good look at that.
All Boxsters are amazing, you should really drive one 😁

Ive been down a fashionable street in Sheffield today (a large UK city) and the amount of Porsches on there were plentiful, they are great cars but who wants predictable.
A Ferrari 458 drop top drove down and all eyes were on it. This will happen with the Emira and I can’t wait to be the cool oddball in the Emira in Sheffields poshest street…
Such a poser Tony 😉😅
I'm actually concerned that it looks more the sum of its parts.
Not really looking fwd to turning up at work and having the tongues wag.. 😏

I got about a foot away from one at AFN Porsche Guildford, back in the day, and before I opened the door to sit in it I just managed to remember that I didn't actually do the hairdressing course at college.

I was a bit shaken, looked around me furtively but managed to get away with it.

I immediately went off to have a beer, watch rugby and commend myself on my amazing escape.

I got about a foot away from one at AFN Porsche Guildford, back in the day, and before I opened the door to sit in it I just managed to remember that I didn't actually do the hairdressing course at college.

I was a bit shaken, looked around me furtively but managed to get away with it.

I immediately went off to have a beer, watch rugby and commend myself on my amazing escape.
🤣🤣
They are a Cayman but the roof comes off and they have more luggage space. Also designed ground up to be a convertible.
I love em, just means you can hear that flat 6 better

Somehow, until this thread I actually had no idea what a 718 Spyder is.
I think I must have heard about it but immediately excused it as just another Boxster which I have nothing good to say about.

But , wow, those 718 Spyders look the nuts. I really had no clue. The only Porsche that was on my rader was some form of GT3 - believing, seriously, the ONLY Porsche to get is a 911.

The shop has sailed now but I have to say I would have had a good look at that.
Wait till you find out they’re putting the GT3 engine in one to make the GT4 RS and they’ve been testing a Spyder RS.

Ive been down a fashionable street in Sheffield today (a large UK city) and the amount of Porsches on there were plentiful, they are great cars but who wants predictable.
A Ferrari 458 drop top drove down and all eyes were on it. This will happen with the Emira and I can’t wait to be the cool oddball in the Emira in Sheffields poshest street…
Just to add being odd is cool.
Such a poser Tony 😉😅
I'm actually concerned that it looks more the sum of its parts.
Not really looking fwd to turning up at work and having the tongues wag.. 😏
best get used to it.. The majority of reviews couldn’t decide between Cayman or Emira, that says enough for me. If Shmee is impressed and Harry with their financial clout then it’s a safe option for me. I do love the Spyder but they cost at least £20k used more than the Emira and won’t be as comfortable as my touring Emira suspension.
#FortheMidLifeCrisis

Related to my post above, one of my better buddies just traded his 911 Turbo S for a manual C7. He said that the Porsche was just too good. He said it felt like driving with cheat codes on and getting the car to its limit was just too hard and too infrequent. This is not a unique story either. Of all the car friends that I know have sold a C7 in the past, this is my 4th friend to buy a C7 again. This relates to the whole Porsche VS Lotus debate in that there absolutely is no answer here. Some people are going to love the perfection of a Porsche and some people are going to love the more unique Lotus experience.

I would love someone to start an Off Topic Discussion on the Porsche or certain cars being too perfect. I want to understand more about this. I have a deposit on an Emira and GT4 so maybe I will start the thread in 2024. :)

I would love someone to start an Off Topic Discussion on the Porsche or certain cars being too perfect. I want to understand more about this. I have a deposit on an Emira and GT4 so maybe I will start the thread in 2024. :)
Modern Porsche's on paper are fantastic. Driving one it is hard to pick faults with them...

Someone on this forum or maybe a different one I can't remember, put it best ;

The Porsche is your wife, the Lotus is your girlfriend... take it as you will.

Modern Porsche's on paper are fantastic. Driving one it is hard to pick faults with them...

Someone on this forum or maybe a different one I can't remember, put it best ;

The Porsche is your wife, the Lotus is your girlfriend... take it as you will.
That is hilarious because I often tell people a Lotus is like that freaky GF that you can never get out of your head even though she wasn't perfect.

That is hilarious because I often tell people a Lotus is like that freaky GF that you can never get out of your head even though she wasn't perfect.
Pretty much sum's it up - That alone tell's me I need the Lotus...I'm already married anyways ;)

I just recently sold my C7 manual Z06 to go back to Porsche. Last Pcar was a 991.1 GTS, this one is a 991.1 Turbo S.
I regretted selling my Porsche immediately. Sold it for the Emira which I thought I'd be getting in spring on 2022. Silly us 🤣. I'm still on the waiting list for the Emira. Now the base edition. Probably won't be until next spring that my number comes up as I ended up switching to a more local dealer just for convenience. I'm not sure what I'll do when my time comes honestly. I'm glad I'm able to sit in the background and learn from others experiences.

I did test drive a 981 Spyder as it was another contender. Awesome car. Honestly probably would have pulled the trigger on that one if it had a few more options and a black interior and the fact that I hadn't seen the TTS yet. Otherwise between the 2, for me, TTS hands down.

As much as I adored the manual Z, I was constantly shopping for Porsche's. Never dreamed my next one would be a Turbo S and I feel so lucky to own one. Just the smell of a Porsche is intoxicating. I don't know how to describe it. And the AWD rip your face off tq is insanity.
That said, if I had the room, money and time, I'd have both the Z and the TTS, but alas....

29116312-0B36-4AB0-BAE9-5312085460FC.jpeg
1C629540-A682-4149-9044-5FB43C20ADB4.jpeg

I just recently sold my C7 manual Z06 to go back to Porsche. Last Pcar was a 991.1 GTS, this one is a 991.1 Turbo S.
I regretted selling my Porsche immediately. Sold it for the Emira which I thought I'd be getting in spring on 2022. Silly us 🤣. I'm still on the waiting list for the Emira. Now the base edition. Probably won't be until next spring that my number comes up as I ended up switching to a more local dealer just for convenience. I'm not sure what I'll do when my time comes honestly. I'm glad I'm able to sit in the background and learn from others experiences.

I did test drive a 981 Spyder as it was another contender. Awesome car. Honestly probably would have pulled the trigger on that one if it had a few more options and a black interior and the fact that I hadn't seen the TTS yet. Otherwise between the 2, for me, TTS hands down.

As much as I adored the manual Z, I was constantly shopping for Porsche's. Never dreamed my next one would be a Turbo S and I feel so lucky to own one. Just the smell of a Porsche is intoxicating. I don't know how to describe it. And the AWD rip your face off tq is insanity.
That said, if I had the room, money and time, I'd have both the Z and the TTS, but alas....

View attachment 7499View attachment 7503
Vette looked very nice! TTS cars are fun, get you into trouble very quickly! I'd take a GT3 any day over turbo, but good luck finding one for a normal price.

Vette looked very nice! TTS cars are fun, get you into trouble very quickly! I'd take a GT3 any day over turbo, but good luck finding one for a normal price.
The Vette was sweet and the new owner is stoked. Threw it on CarGurus and it sold within hours.

GT3's have always been aspirational, but I agree, prices are stupid (as are most Pcars right now) and also they're just a bit more track oriented than I need or want.

The Vette was sweet and the new owner is stoked. Threw it on CarGurus and it sold within hours.

GT3's have always been aspirational, but I agree, prices are stupid (as are most Pcars right now) and also they're just a bit more track oriented than I need or want.
Magma.....

You have nice taste in cars.

I have a Gray C7 Manual.
I was going to sell it when I got the Emira.
Thinking now to keep both cars

View attachment 7499View attachment 7503
To my eyes, the C7 has 3 times the presence of the 911...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back