I'm out - the cancellations thread

Sounds like you were that eager just to get one :)

Decisions decisions. I was shocked when I drove the Emira in Nottingham centre just how many kids were taking photos of the car and asking me to rev it up ; might be because they were trying to work out how to car jack it or thinking it may be a ferarri!
The Emira is the better looking car at 1/3rd to 1/4 of the price!! Amazing really.

If the Emira has in fact been a new Ferrari V6 Dino.... for say £175k... well, it would have broken all records, even if the performance was not much better than the Emira with a detuned Ferrari engine, or the Quadrafoglio engine.

Has anyone considered the scenario that the Emira may become financially un viable and geely pull the plug on it in the near future?

I'll admit it's far fetched but also not beyond the realms of possibility

I got the email but no change, stayed at August 23 but also been tempted by McLaren 540/570. watching vids, reading forums and thinking of a test drive.

Big step up in running costs though and no doubt insurance as well. Ext Warranty £3k - £5k annually paint issues, service costs.
Been doing my own homework here too...the McLaren warranty is for 3 years and is pretty comprehensive. This can be extended for under £3k pa to up to about 10 years I believe and if you are buying used from a McLaren dealer they come with a 12 month warranty, and if you want a second year extra it is slightly cheaper at purchase (2.3k) or try to get it lumped into the deal. Thorney also do a great non-dealer warranty and are an extremely supportive independent. The paint issues is a bubbling under the paint, not rust (it also afflicted my similarly aluminium Aston DB9). It is confined largely to the earliest cars and is not so prevalent on later ones...but check mainly under wheel arches and have it sorted before buying. Servicing costs are probably around double a Lotus.

Been doing my own homework here too...the McLaren warranty is for 3 years and is pretty comprehensive. This can be extended for under £3k pa to up to about 10 years I believe and if you are buying used from a McLaren dealer they come with a 12 month warranty, and if you want a second year extra it is slightly cheaper at purchase (2.3k) or try to get it lumped into the deal. Thorney also do a great non-dealer warranty and are an extremely supportive independent. The paint issues is a bubbling under the paint, not rust (it also afflicted my similarly aluminium Aston DB9). It is confined largely to the earliest cars and is not so prevalent on later ones...but check mainly under wheel arches and have it sorted before buying. Servicing costs are probably around double a Lotus.
NickR on here ,he still checks his emails if you PM him, bought a lovely blue Spyder 570s - he researched all the ins/outs - maybe worth checking in with him

Did you get to test drive it? Must admit the colour is outstanding and makes this car - looks amazing
Yes had a quick test ride in a black one 0- 60 is 3.7 secs
Liked everything about it felt quick you get the ump which for me Emira didn’t deliver exhaust note fine, I think quality finish is better than with the Lotus. I got the smiles after a short time cos I put my foot down and it went lol I would recco anyone trying a test ride of these as for £50k it’s a lot cheaper than an Emira. They now come with the massive curved widescreen that look light years ahead of the Emira screen. I want to sort a longer demo ride but if you watch Joes Archilles first review he describes the car as Epic.
I’ll be fitting the carbon exterior pack £3k dealer fit

Attachments

• E1181B80-71C9-44DF-9AD5-9D76335740D9.jpeg
    E1181B80-71C9-44DF-9AD5-9D76335740D9.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 3E8FDCCA-4AE4-48A1-9A3B-7AC7BF79D94B.jpeg
    3E8FDCCA-4AE4-48A1-9A3B-7AC7BF79D94B.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 120
Liked everything about it felt quick you get the ump which for me Emira didn’t deliver exhaust note fine, I think quality finish is better than with the Lotus. I got the smiles after a short time cos I put my foot down and it went lol I would recco anyone trying a test ride of these as for £50k it’s a lot cheaper than an Emira. They now come with the massive curved widescreen that look light years ahead of the Emira screen. I want to sort a longer demo ride but if you watch Joes Archilles first review he describes the car as Epic.
Sorry that interior is hideous. The screens made me laugh out loud. Just go to the movies😂

Excellent engine just shows you where 4 wheel drive can really help torquey motors, must feel as quick as your R8 around town.

Last edited:
Tbh if you love this car the Emira was probably never for you anyway so hopefully you've ended up in the right car in the end 👍🏼

That said, and this is nothing personal at all, I do think some of the negativity towards the Emira from those that have decided against it, can no longer afford it, change of circumstances, not what they expected etc etc.. is effecting the already fragile mood on here (created mostly by the shambolic launch by lotus) and spoiling it a little. I know, its the Internet and this is the cancellation thread, people can say what they want. But if you're no longer having the car and have found something else that suits you better then brilliant, I'm sure they have a forum for it.

Tbh if you love this car the Emira was probably never for you anyway so hopefully you've ended up in the right car in the end 👍🏼

That said, and this is nothing personal at all, I do think some of the negativity towards the Emira from those that have decided against it, can no longer afford it, change of circumstances, not what they expected etc etc.. is effecting the already fragile mood on here (created mostly by the shambolic launch by lotus) and spoiling it a little. I know, its the Internet and this is the cancellation thread, people can say what they want. But if you're no longer having the car and have found something else that suits you better then brilliant, I'm sure they have a forum for it.
The cancellation thread is almost 500 The amount of discussion re: Porsche has been rampant. We have all been in this journey for 1.5 years. I for one have enjoyed reading everyone’s reviews and discussion about other cars as we try and get our prides and joys that ticks our boxes. If the demos had been available a lot earlier probably a lot would of moved on a hell of a lot sooner instead of wasting so much time waiting and waiting.

Simple solution don’t read this thread it’s as simple as that, someone asked me what the ride was like and I was responding to that Q. We all have the right to be here, I’m buying the Emira so I’ll ignore your passive suggestion to join another forum. I am so grateful for this forum as I’ve had my eyes completely opened to what Lotus is and seeing the issues with a lot of delivered cars, else I may not of swerved the dodgeball

can no longer afford it

lol
Yep buying Emira cash and m240i cash 💰 like R8 was cash 💰 never ever bought a car on PCP ever. Wasted loads of 💰 all on cars 🚗 😉
I always have a chuckle when people assume people dropping out or never intended buying cos they can’t afford it - people must have access to bank accounts lol 😝

Yep buying Emira cash and m240i cash 💰 like R8 was cash 💰 never ever bought a car on PCP ever. Wasted loads of 💰 all on cars 🚗 😉
I always have a chuckle when people assume people dropping out or never intended buying cos they can’t afford it - people must have access to bank accounts lol 😝
It’s snobby really. My bags are full but my need for value is a razors edge

Cash only, everything else is wasting money 💰

My apologies I was pretty sure you'd pulled out, unless I've confused you with some one else your test drive the final nail in the coffin and you went bmw shopping?

As I said it wasn't personal so the comments werent just aimed at you specifically but it's not beyond the realms that, as this car was touted as a 60k car and is now an 80k car that some will have pulled out for financial reasons.

Ps I always chuckle when people tell me they buy their cars cash thinking it makes them sound wealthy 😄

I personally i am not wealthy btw.

Cash only, everything else is wasting money 💰
I'm not so sure about that. I like to use other people's money and take advantage of $0down/term purchases. That way I get stuff I want and my money continues to earn interest. Haven't seen that on a car yet but when auto loans were offered at 2% it was still less than I was making on investments...:) Of course those days are gone for awhile...

The cancellation thread is almost 500 The amount of discussion re: Porsche has been rampant. We have all been in this journey for 1.5 years. I for one have enjoyed reading everyone’s reviews and discussion about other cars as we try and get our prides and joys that ticks our boxes. If the demos had been available a lot earlier probably a lot would of moved on a hell of a lot sooner instead of wasting so much time waiting and waiting.

Simple solution don’t read this thread it’s as simple as that, someone asked me what the ride was like and I was responding to that Q. We all have the right to be here, I’m buying the Emira so I’ll ignore your passive suggestion to join another forum. I am so grateful for this forum as I’ve had my eyes completely opened to what Lotus is and seeing the issues with a lot of delivered cars, else I may not of swerved the dodgeball
Hard ageee here, enough with the passive suggestions. This entire forum doesn’t need to be a safe space for the Lotus super fans.

Safe space lol. I remember the member who reminded us the West Virginia event was for lotus OWNERS, not fan boys like the rick me.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back