I'm out - the cancellations thread

I’ve been thinking this:
SPvGkkq.jpg
no, no this is not a good car. Your better of with a base Boxster IMO or a Jag f-type cab.

I’m OUT probably no surprise of the reasons why so I’ll not bore everyone.
On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack. View attachment 19763View attachment 19765
Much better choice than the awful M2.

On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack. View attachment 19763View attachment 19765
Ah, that's a shame... but understandable. I hope you hang around to keep poking fun at us suckers who are sticking with it (so far) :)

Remember I’m on a budget. Add OHLINS and a warranty approved jb4 and the lightweight 4 cylinder is a budget funster
witness geese man digging it the most 14 min mark
and it’s purple

Last edited:
Totally understand your reasons, the car looks mega in that colour. Good luck and keep visiting the forum for updates as I think there will be many more like you choosing a different path as the journey has been ruined by expectations not realised. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you get to test drive it? Must admit the colour is outstanding and makes this car - looks amazing

I thought the m2 was 🤮 at first lunch but it's really grown on me now. Especially in red with e30 m3 vibes on the box arches.

It's not pretty but less awkward angles than the m240
In my case the m240 has grown on me. Not that I like it or would buy it but I prefer its proportions.

I prefer the new 3.0 CSL, rwd 6 speed manual 560 hp 🤣🤣
I can't buy it, Germans not bringing it to the US. What will I do with the $700k I'm saving?

I really don't think it does any justice to the original one...they should have improved the grille of the G8X and that's it.

On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack
I am happy and sad with your news.
I am very happy that you have identified an alternative and it looks a very impressive choice. I wish you many miles of happy driving in your new car.
I am sad that you have had to make the decision to change your plans, but I fully understand. I think there are a number of us that have had a journey of emotions with this car. Jumping on every little scrap of information and dissecting each piece dilligently. Trying to figure out what was going on, for me particularly was getting to the bottom of the Type Approval issues and then the fiasco with the owners manual!
It has been an interesting journey so far and thinking back to the car launch last summer, you couldn't even begin to imagine the issues that would be presented to us on our Emira journey.
As I have previoulsy mentioned, my deposit remains in and I will review everything next year once the V6 auto becomes available. In the meantime, I am very happy with my Alpine to 'scratch' the Sports car itch.
I do hope that you will have chance to give your first impressions of your new car once you have it.

54B7232E-A776-4C20-9F83-D2970026B279.jpeg
my son has an older m3 in that colour he really likes it

Got an email off lotus today and the July 23 delivery now August 23 for i4. So in the space of a few weeks it’s gone back a month. One more delay and I’m out as I will miss summer 23.

I might just bite the bullet and buy a McLaren 570/540 for similar money

Got an email off lotus today and the July 23 delivery now August 23 for i4. So in the space of a few weeks it’s gone back a month. One more delay and I’m out as I will miss summer 23.

I might just bite the bullet and buy a McLaren 570/540 for similar money
That’s bizarre as I am i4 Fe and mine has gone forward from August to July. Makes no logical sense

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back