I'm out - the cancellations thread

i Am 5' 5" and the seat was on the lowest setting. I had to wind it all the way up then back down about 20% to be in the right position. It seemed to have a good amount of travel.

Come on guys, I think we're working ourselves into a negative frenzy here.

I see the Emira as being, almost certainly,, the last manual ICE car I will ever buy. It's about celebrating the end of an era. In 10 years' time, no one is going to be saying, "oh, that's the one that had a little less power than an Evora." They're going to be viewing Emira as one of the last and sexiest cars of the ICE era. I want to be part of that.
An Evora 410 went past me 3 times today in Surrey/Sussex. Green. Looked gorgeous. More power, better driving dynamics, less weight than an Emira.

That’s the car to buy.

An Evora 410 went past me 3 times today in Surrey/Sussex. Green. Looked gorgeous. More power, better driving dynamics, less weight than an Emira.

That’s the car to buy.
But ultimately the slower car if lap times are to be believed 🤷🏻

I've always like the styling of the Evora but tbh it looks really clumsy at the side of the emira, the back end specifically didn't evolve well with the evora

But ultimately the slower car if lap times are to be believed 🤷🏻

I've always like the styling of the Evora but tbh it looks really clumsy at the side of the emira, the back end specifically didn't evolve well with the evora
I still don't believe the lap times.
But again we shall see soooon
The 410 has more power and is 100kg lighter. That has to count in its favour against slightly improved levels of cornering grip

The 410 has more power and is 100kg lighter. That has to count in its favour against slightly improved levels of cornering grip
That‘s not true regarding the weight advantage, most of the GT410 are around 1400-1430kg. Real life figures from the Lotus talk forum weighed by forum members. Most of the GT410 did have an AC and optional sound system. Only the stripped out Cars do have the real weight saving advantage. Quite similar to the weight figures of the Cayman GT4 (981), it was weighed with 1379kg with a full tank of fuel. But it didn’t have Clubsport package(no roll cage), 54L capacity tank, CarbonCeramic brakes. In real life this means that most GT4 weigh more, about 1400kg. That’s a game which Porsche has perfected. Because of this you really need to look into the Little details.

Emira with a 3/4 fuel tank weighed at 1450kg was a surprise to me. I think we have to wait for further weight measurements, but in that light the Emira isn‘t too bad to be honest.

That‘s not true regarding the weight advantage, most of the GT410 are around 1400-1430kg. Real life figures from the Lotus talk forum weighed by forum members. Most of the GT410 did have an AC and optional sound system. Only the stripped out Cars do have the real weight saving advantage. Quite similar to the weight figures of the Cayman GT4 (981), it was weighed with 1379kg with a full tank of fuel. But it didn’t have Clubsport package(no roll cage), 54L capacity tank, CarbonCeramic brakes. In real life this means that most GT4 weigh more, about 1400kg. That’s a game which Porsche has perfected. Because of this you really need to look into the Little details.

Emira with a 3/4 fuel tank weighed at 1450kg was a surprise to me. I think we have to wait for further weight measurements, but in that light the Emira isn‘t too bad to be honest.
The question to ask yourself is why have Lotus not published the lap time. It would strengthen their place in the market place. It seems strange that some people are trying to justify the reason for the purchase of the Emira based on a lap time.

It is getting interesting, had a call from McLaren today, offering a car similar to the one I test drove at a cracking price.
I tested the 570 convertible and the 720s yesterday, with the wife. Have to say the 570s was by some margin my favourite...certainly powerful enough and stratospheric compared to the Emira...cockpit is also a class apart. No shakes or rattles, a wonderful place to be and all round usability. 720 seemed slightly quicker from the off, and encourages you to drive faster, but without the fun factor....almost benign. I am now seriously tempted to request deposit back and go shopping...Given the time of year and state of the economy right now I am thinking there will be some bargains to be had...I am genuinely intrigued to understand the offer you have been given...I know from talking to our Mc dealer that they are willing to drop the price a little from the sticker value but am yet to push the button for a hard negotiation.

I tested the 570 convertible and the 720s yesterday, with the wife. Have to say the 570s was by some margin my favourite...certainly powerful enough and stratospheric compared to the Emira...cockpit is also a class apart. No shakes or rattles, a wonderful place to be and all round usability. 720 seemed slightly quicker from the off, and encourages you to drive faster, but without the fun factor....almost benign. I am now seriously tempted to request deposit back and go shopping...Given the time of year and state of the economy right now I am thinking there will be some bargains to be had...I am genuinely intrigued to understand the offer you have been given...I know from talking to our Mc dealer that they are willing to drop the price a little from the sticker value but am yet to push the button for a hard negotiation.
Typically Mac dealers have a £!0k margin on pre-owned and before the car shortages would dump a car at cost if stuck around, think that was 6 weeks. I did get £80k discount on a couple of Macs, a 12C Spider and 720S. So if stock is sticking in the back yard there is usually something to be had.

I'm sorely tempted by a 570, probably a gt, on autotrader daily but been putting off driving one, kind of need to see it through and give the emira a chance so I'm wondering if I run the emira a few months when it turns up in Feb then maybe early summer I should get my money back or slightly more and move onto a 570

I think you're underestimating the benefits of a 2 inch wider front track on the Emira on cornering ability. Gav has had them holding 1.5g while cornering on the test track.

That won't show up in 0-60 times or power output but will have a bearing on lap times ... if they ever publish any.

I think you're underestimating the benefits of a 2 inch wider front track on the Emira on cornering ability. Gav has had them holding 1.5g while cornering on the test track.

That won't show up in 0-60 times or power output but will have a bearing on lap times ... if they ever publish any.
That and don’t forget about the effect of improved aero and/or downforce on lap times. I’d be surprised if the all new design of the Emira hasn’t improved on the Evora significantly (the Evora body is quite aged now)

Can the 2GR-FE’s wet sump even guarantee consistent oiling @ 1.5Gs? That seems a stretch for any wet sump even with baffling.

The Emira is what 406 hp and 1450-ish in weight?

A 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is 400hp and 1527 in weight.

Yet, on the one recorded Emira lap time, the 911 being down on power and heavier is a full second faster on that same course.

This isn't a 911 advertisement, just an argument that just knowing the weight/hp cannot tell the whole story when talking lap times. Weight distribution, chassis setup, suspension setup, braking... all these things are a part of the overall story.

I need a 720S drive

But can't afford one 😥
Have you tried them both...I did it this weekend...the 570s is definitely the more fun car to drive...more involving and more usable. 720 is pretty, but also thought the cockpit of the 570 was much nicer...and it is more affordable. win...win...win

The Emira is what 406 hp and 1450-ish in weight?

A 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is 400hp and 1527 in weight.

Yet, on the one recorded Emira lap time, the 911 being down on power and heavier is a full second faster on that same course.

This isn't a 911 advertisement, just an argument that just knowing the weight/hp cannot tell the whole story when talking lap times. Weight distribution, chassis setup, suspension setup, braking... all these things are a part of the overall story.
except porsche always over state their weight and understate their power....also understate their 0-60 times...
would be interesting to see them back to back and interesting to get exact figures....for all the 911 haters, boring, bland, etc etc.... it beats most cars hands down and it doesn't let you down....and I am down with that...or I would be, except mine is 40 years old so the same doesnt really apply ;) although its never let me down either

Have you tried them both...I did it this weekend...the 570s is definitely the more fun car to drive...more involving and more usable. 720 is pretty, but also thought the cockpit of the 570 was much nicer...and it is more affordable. win...win...win
I defo don't have the money for a 720 😅
My mate used to have a 570 though and it was lovely. And trouble free!

I defo don't have the money for a 720 😅
My mate used to have a 570 though and it was lovely. And trouble free!
Speaking of bland... I may be the only one, but I find all of the Macsharons a bit uninspiring design wise.....
Ive only driven the Fc12hfdfdhjk24347y38ndsd one, ie the first one, with a Colombian at my side I might add, I have pictures of me, it was Orange if I remember correctly, the launch type colour.
It was...amazing.... fast...economical even.... but it didnt excite me as much as the ferrari california of the time... no where near as much. The ferrari made a better sound and it wanted you to do stupid things...."go on, you've got plenty of room for that overtake". it said on a french single lane road with about 150m to the oncoming car. It felt real... the sharon felt space ages in front of it, but had no Seoul (yes I know).
Design wise, I can hardly tell the difference between the 540. 760, 980 short arse, long xxxx one...I mean what the hell.
I do like the lights and even the designs, which I realise is a contradiction on what I just said, I do that Leonard, it confused even me!.. The design for me is missing something.
Dont get me wrong, I think Ferrari designs are crap...apart from the roma and the pure blood "SUC" I mean SUV, which looks amazing, but clearly its not an SUV any more than I am an olympic high jumper.

Anyway, Im still hungry and I have to eat a damn salad....colombian visitor in 3 weeks, cant have a jelly belly.... cant have an Emira by the look of it either. I will have to borrow someones Evora...... haha

except porsche always over state their weight and understate their power....also understate their 0-60 times...
would be interesting to see them back to back and interesting to get exact figures....for all the 911 haters, boring, bland, etc etc.... it beats most cars hands down and it doesn't let you down....and I am down with that...or I would be, except mine is 40 years old so the same doesnt really apply ;) although its never let me down either
Ok. I'll avoid Porsche to make the point.

LeMans Bugatti course.

Subaru BRZ is 200hp/1253kg
Alpine A110S MkII 292hp/1135kg (driven by Christophe Tinseau a professional driver)

The Alpine has a 118kg advantage and a 92hp advantage.

The BRZ has a faster fastest lap on that course by 3.1 seconds.

Anyway, Im still hungry and I have to eat a damn salad....colombian visitor in 3 weeks, cant have a jelly belly.... cant have an Emira by the look of it either. I will have to borrow someones Evora...... haha
Just pray it doesn't rain for 2 weeks or you'll end up in a Land Rover !🤣

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back