I'm out - the cancellations thread

I tested the 570 convertible and the 720s yesterday, with the wife. Have to say the 570s was by some margin my favourite...certainly powerful enough and stratospheric compared to the Emira...cockpit is also a class apart. No shakes or rattles, a wonderful place to be and all round usability. 720 seemed slightly quicker from the off, and encourages you to drive faster, but without the fun factor....almost benign. I am now seriously tempted to request deposit back and go shopping...Given the time of year and state of the economy right now I am thinking there will be some bargains to be had...I am genuinely intrigued to understand the offer you have been given...I know from talking to our Mc dealer that they are willing to drop the price a little from the sticker value but am yet to push the button for a hard negotiation.
That's what I did in September. I've always had a soft spot for spider varients and the 570s ticked all the boxes, it's an amazing car. I looked at both the GT and Spider, but trumped up the extra cash for the Spider.
The best discount you will get will be via a private seller. I bought mine through GVE London. If you want further info about what to look for then PM me.
20220915_110331.jpg

20220914_131420.jpg

That's what I did in September. I've always had a soft spot for spider varients and the 570s ticked all the boxes, it's an amazing car. I looked at both the GT and Spider, but trumped up the extra cash for the Spider.
The best discount you will get will be via a private seller. I bought mine through GVE London. If you want further info about what to look for then PM me.
View attachment 19645
View attachment 19646
A wonderful car and nice colour, BUT terrible parking... you are asking to be rear ended.. haha and in asda's car park..what a star :).
well done... no looking back.... clearly from the way you have parked... but I cant see anyone going from that to an Emira... ever.

A wonderful car and nice colour, BUT terrible parking... you are asking to be rear ended.. haha and in asda's car park..what a star :).
well done... no looking back.... clearly from the way you have parked... but I cant see anyone going from that to an Emira... ever.
:) Tesco

If you like auto box it is a fine choice. Emira looks better and has a manual. Easy choice for me. No manual no car.

I've to respectfully disagree. Design wise, the McLaren seems much less coherent.

It's the McLaren kiwi for me!

View attachment 19664
That is one of those images that once seen is likely never forgotten.
But given that McLaren has Kiwi heritage, and I have both a love for the bird, and some family in that beautiful country, it merely adds confirmatory bias for me.

PS. That orange, while relatively "flat" from a distance and in photos, has an amazing and dense gold fleck in it that just pings in the sunshine.

That is one of those images that once seen is likely never forgotten.
But given that McLaren has Kiwi heritage, and I have both a love for the bird, and some family in that beautiful country, it merely adds confirmatory bias for me.

PS. That orange, while relatively "flat" from a distance and in photos, has an amazing and dense gold fleck in it that just pings in the sunshine.

Agreed! I love birds and when a McLaren salesman recently pointed that out on the 570S, I couldn't unsee it!

The Emira is what 406 hp and 1450-ish in weight?

A 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is 400hp and 1527 in weight.

Yet, on the one recorded Emira lap time, the 911 being down on power and heavier is a full second faster on that same course.

This isn't a 911 advertisement, just an argument that just knowing the weight/hp cannot tell the whole story when talking lap times. Weight distribution, chassis setup, suspension setup, braking... all these things are a part of the overall story.

You're comparing peak numbers, which is great for marketing, but a turbocharged car will always have more area under the curve (and has more optimization options) than a supercharged car. Compare the torque curves... Porsche will be higher.

Another nice thing about turbochargers is that you can always have them overshoot the pressure ratio; they can make up for atmospheric losses due to elevation, etc. Can't have that with a belt-driven twin-screw. What you get in return is extremely predictable, smooth power. It's probably the reason people aren't as "impressed" when driving the Emira, they don't have that turbo kick. I'm driving it in a few weeks... can't wait! :)

i Am 5' 5" and the seat was on the lowest setting. I had to wind it all the way up then back down about 20% to be in the right position. It seemed to have a good amount of travel.
I’m 6 ft 2 and had plenty of room when I sat in one earlier in the year.

I’m OUT probably no surprise of the reasons why so I’ll not bore everyone.
On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack.
1AA9F9FA-8CF6-4F10-8119-65E1CA11414E.jpeg
0E532540-ABFA-4763-9428-B504FD6E5467.jpeg

Attachments

• 99739CF0-2A45-4A55-B2E5-6A38B5C26BEE.png
    99739CF0-2A45-4A55-B2E5-6A38B5C26BEE.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 407AD3E4-64A8-441F-96B6-3619A17D3B66.png
    407AD3E4-64A8-441F-96B6-3619A17D3B66.png
    210.2 KB · Views: 31
On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack. View attachment 19763View attachment 19765
Glad you’ve found some peace on this journey. Excellent car.

On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack. that color!

Love that color!!

On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack.
Sweet looking ride. Good choice of spec. I’m sure it will be a wonderful drive.
I am still holding out….. I sense you will come back to the Emira down the road…
See you back soon.

On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack. View attachment 19763View attachment 19765
Enjoy and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you around the North East.

See I knew ud have to get purple 💜 😁

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back