I'm out - the cancellations thread

First cancellation will keep on increasing accross many sports car manufacturers. Most people buy or lease their cars through loans. Rates & cost are still high so you are getting hit on both sides. We are headed into a recession with companies cutting work forces. First thing to go is luxury good that are not needed. The Emira is a nice sports car, only wished it had a little more power. The craziness that we been seeing in the car & watch market is about to pop. Just watch by January/February.

Cash is now king again. Both Porsche and Aston dealerships, who know I have cash, have rang me on two used cars wanting to do a deal. Both admitted it’s slowing down ,the days of cheap money is starting to go.

Btw the coffee and biscuits are nice in the Aston dealership.

Cash is now king again. Both Porsche and Aston dealerships, who know I have cash, have rang me on two used cars wanting to do a deal. Both admitted it’s slowing down ,the days of cheap money is starting to go.

Tony so top marks there dealership has GOT TO HAVE great cappuccino and biscuits 🍪 it’s an absolute MUST - can’t buy a car without these special ingredients 👌🏼

Tony so top marks there dealership has GOT TO HAVE great cappuccino and biscuits 🍪 it’s an absolute MUST - can’t buy a car without these special ingredients 👌🏼
And you know what the Aston dealer, we turned up in a Skoda (had dog with us), was very polite and took me out in a DB11 and Vantage. test drive. Showed me the £800k car and walked me round it. I wish the buying experience at Lotus for 80k was representative of the effort it took for me to earn it.
When I visited Solihull the other day, the Emira was in a corner in darkness and the Electre was covered up in some kind of tarpaulin. No one approached me at all even though I was in/out of the Emira for 20 mins.

And you know what the Aston dealer, we turned up in a Skoda (had dog with us), was very polite and took me out in a DB11 and Vantage. test drive. Showed me the £800k car and walked me round it. I wish the buying experience at Lotus for 80k was representative of the effort it took for me to earn it.
When I visited Solihull the other day, the Emira was in a corner in darkness and the Electre was covered up in some kind of tarpaulin. No one approached me at all even though I was in/out of the Emira for 20 mins.
the receptionist if not at lunch, seemed very pleasant and generally interested when I was there... but then again I am devilishly handsome, so maybe that had something to do with it.
Gary - great name - was the Lotus guy and was also helpful.....
Now I did also turn up in my 4th sunday of the month car, the buggerati, so that was probably the other reason......
Final reason..... it was a slow super car day and I had called ahead

Beats the old dried up donuts, & have eaten cookies at the Corvette dealer. I can’t wait when I get my new Z06 in 2023 to deal with that dealer BS.

Been following but never posted. I did my test drive today at Flow Lotus in NC.
Car looks better in person vs pictures and videos.

I wasn’t overly excited with the power train. Shifts were not very smooth and the drive train noise was a bit much IMO. Also noticed a rough idle on a few different occasions.

Seats were comfortable but we’re to high for me (6-0 ft.) and the digital info screen was a bit hard to see.

I went there today with the hope it would just WOW me. It didn’t.

Enjoyed reading and following all of your posts. For those staying the course enjoy your Emira.

Seats were comfortable but we’re to high for me (6-0 ft.) and the digital info screen was a bit hard to see.

I agree the seat is too high! Won't stop me from buying but an annoyance for sure. Lotus said they'd lower the seat height from the prototypes... apparently not by very much.

I agree the seat is too high! Won't stop me from buying but an annoyance for sure. Lotus said they'd lower the seat height from the prototypes... apparently not by very much.
We in US don’t really know for sure the true seat height as all the test drive cars are EU spec. Could be same height or slightly lower. Will only know when US demo cars get here. Probably in March but doubt that
But whatever it is I will be happy.
My Evora GT is definitely lower. Keeping both cars. So I will not complain.
Once I get the Emira will give an honest opinion

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back