I'm out - the cancellations thread

But forget your moral compass for a minute, if you flip your car, you can get the Emira GT that will be released with 480HP and a 8 speed manual... o_O 😛 You imagine? there will be mass suicide on here :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: True - But I don't think it counts as flipping if I have to wait until 2027 for the Emira GT

To be fair Emira depositors bought in on many factors but price and for those financing (found attractive).

Testing times and finance rates shifting. Given most would of waited a year and a half or 2 if your an i4 depositor. Circumstances change; your 5k in is it wrong to take delivery and flip? I don’t think so. Good luck to them. Flipping means overs. We want overs to keep prices high. Hasn’t done Porsche any harm.

Reactions: DJS
I am not flipping my Emira when/if it arrives.
I am flipping my 16 year old Aston DB9 instead.
Is that what we call a late flipper?
For sure I am losing more than 100k, but I enjoyed more than 100k Kms, turns out my investment cost was a little over 1 euro per km, compensated by the driving joy all time

To be fair Emira depositors bought in on many factors but price and for those financing (found attractive).

Testing times and finance rates shifting. Given most would of waited a year and a half or 2 if your an i4 depositor. Circumstances change; your 5k in is it wrong to take delivery and flip? I don’t think so. Good luck to them. Flipping means overs. We want overs to keep prices high. Hasn’t done Porsche any harm.
I get it - no hate from me... just not my thing.

To be fair I had an order on GR Yaris that was September delivery. Changed my mind in anticipation of Emira arriving. Rather than taking delivery I said to the dealer (Oakmere Toyota) to allow the next person to have it. By this time the car was physical. To be fair I could of took it in and made a few grand.

On the other hand the faff; and allowing the next person to have it seemed the logical choice. Had I known lotus would of further delayed I would of now taken delivery.

Point I make is there are many that are financially out of pocket or without their fun car as a result of poor comms and miss truths.

If this means that interest rates have priced people out of their comfort zone or has left a bad taste in the mouth; then a few pounds back small recompense for all the messing about.

No demo slots left for an early deposit holder is the last straw for me. I’m out of the FE 💩 show.
That is absolutely disgusting that you are not able to get a demo slot. Cannot say I blame you. If that had happened to me I would be out as well

6ztzd1.jpg
Flippers beware. Webuyanycar valuation 😬

Attachments

• 68C4881B-CF7B-477E-9511-2152CDFC0815.jpeg
    68C4881B-CF7B-477E-9511-2152CDFC0815.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 60
Decided to text my sales guy to pull out my order for real this time. I'll just be purchasing a 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium AT instead. It was a mix of not wanting to wait for a car and some priorities regarding some creative endeavors of mine.

There's just a lot of stuff I want to get around to this year especially before I'm too old lol and can put the extra $40k saved to good use, plus I didn't want to jump into the Emira basically right as I'd move to Los Angeles since I don't know what my expenses will be out west yet.

With the EU 2025 cutoff being pushed back I no longer feel like I need to rush to pick up a V6 Emira. And also since I'll have the Supra paid off pretty quickly I'll have the opportunity to own both that and the Emira simultaneously. lol

Flippers beware. Webuyanycar valuation 😬
Do any online valuations represent the sentiment in the market? If you put a 718 GTS 4.0 or GT4 on there what does it come up with? When you finance with Porsche the GFV isn't representative of the market sentiment towards Porsche GT products. Has anyone experience of someone selling a Porsche GT product to webuyanycar or similar, possibly but I'd be surprised. The Emira is an unknown entity in the market and who knows what the sentiment towards it will be, but webuyanycar etc definitely won't price it anywhere other than what they perceive it to be regardless.

That's my take on it anyhow.

Decided to text my sales guy to pull out my order for real this time. I'll just be purchasing a 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium AT instead. It was a mix of not wanting to wait for a car and some priorities regarding some creative endeavors of mine.

There's just a lot of stuff I want to get around to this year especially before I'm too old lol and can put the extra $40k saved to good use, plus I didn't want to jump into the Emira basically right as I'd move to Los Angeles since I don't know what my expenses will be out west yet.

With the EU 2025 cutoff being pushed back I no longer feel like I need to rush to pick up a V6 Emira. And also since I'll have the Supra paid off pretty quickly I'll have the opportunity to own both that and the Emira simultaneously. lol
Sorry to hear that, but good for you. If interested, ping me… I have a 2021 A91 Edition with 2500 miles in Refraction Blue. I am located a few hours south of you.

Sorry to hear that, but good for you. If interested, ping me… I have a 2021 A91 Edition with 2500 miles in Refraction Blue. I am located a few hours south of you.

Haha thanks. I’ve sworn off 2021s though, I owned one previously and it was burning oil like crazy for me.

I’ll likely still be waiting to purchase though so there’s still a wait for me 😩. But I can mentally accept 3 months vs. 10+.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining to share your perspective on Lotus and the changes. A shame this is the topic for your first post here.

I share similar thoughts and wonder on a daily basis if the Emira is the right car for me. It’s certainly a great car and a major step for Lotus in trying to broaden their appeal. But us long-term serial Lotus owners are sad to see some of the compromises materialising. Like extra weight to make it more daily driver friendly.

I agree the Evora GT430 is the pinnacle of the outgoing model (some will argue for the Elise and Exige Final Editions). But to be fair, it was a 60-car special and they didn’t sell all of them. The GT410 (US GT) is the more reasonable yardstick of readily-available previous Lotus to compare against the Emira.

For me the final part of that comparison is an Emira test drive, when Lotus eventually get their act together. My main alternatives are a GT430, GT410 or go over to McLaren. I’ll be making a decision “soon”.
I’ve made my decision and went to a brand new Mclaren. Lotus is a zero comparison to a Mclaren of any type even an early MP412C, absolute supercar vs an average sports car at best with exotic looks.

Not that I disagree a maclaren is a different level but to call the emira an average sports car at best is just bull shit, I guess time will judge it but having driven it it competes on a level with my 981 gt4, as a road car at least, and no one ever called a gt4 average at best.

Must admit I'm tempted by a 570s and used they're dropping into emira money but from the ones I've looked at build quality isn't the best either and running costs certainly on a different level.

I’ve made my decision and went to a brand new Mclaren. Lotus is a zero comparison to a Mclaren of any type even an early MP412C, absolute supercar vs an average sports car at best with exotic looks.
Have fun with the Mclaren! — They’re all quite beautiful.

Did I miss someone actually making that comparison? I'd like McLaren too, heck maybe I'll just buy a Bugatti since we are comparing apples to oranges now....:)

Did I miss someone actually making that comparison? I'd like McLaren too, heck maybe I'll just buy a Bugatti since we are comparing apples to oranges now....:)
It's not a major difference to initial outlay over here...sure running costs are going to be double or more, but when you can pick up a 3-5 year old mclaren 570S or 570GT for up to 10k more money than a new FE on the road the comparison is real. I am considering the same...even pondering whether the stretch to a 570s convertible might be worth the extra 18k...and I guess it is the fact that it is a step up in performance to a proper supercar versus a sports car that makes it somewhat appealing.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back