I'm out - the cancellations thread

im sure you are right, but are they december deliveries...or january..or later..
I disagree with 1963's comment on a dealer wanting 10-13k on a sale or return of 90-95k, thats way off. If you speak to an actual dealer, and I have, this is as I said, way way off....
IF a dealer could make 15% on every sale or return, with no capital layout or need to give a warranty, I'd be one myself :)

The NSX is actually an amazing car IF you are willing to modify. The stock car just isn't up to its potential and not "super" enough. The gap between a stock NSX and the way I have mine configured is night and day. If the NSX was released closer to how I have mine configured, they would have had 0 issues selling it. The 2 big changes upgrading the power to 700HP and upgrading the rear setup from 305/30r20 to 325/30r21.

View attachment 7515
In my OP on the NSX I mentioned how good the car is modified, here is that difference in action.

Attachments

• walk.mp4
    1.9 MB
Lotus seem to have done a great job of transforming their customer base into that of Porsche buyers mindset. All this talk about car flipping I personally feel soul destroying. There was a time, not so long ago when Lotus customers couldn’t wait to take delivery of their new car, run it in as quickly as possible for the first service so they could get out on track and put it to the use it was designed to excel at. Now its keep the mileage down and who can make £5k first :-(. Ok I may be out of the running now but still think Lotus have made a great car that should drive very well indeed, just not have quite the focus I was hoping for. I really don’t think £5k will make a difference to anybodys life that can afford an £80k plus car, the life experience and memories it could provide is worth much more.

Lotus seem to have done a great job of transforming their customer base into that of Porsche buyers mindset. All this talk about car flipping I personally feel soul destroying. There was a time, not so long ago when Lotus customers couldn’t wait to take delivery of their new car, run it in as quickly as possible for the first service so they could get out on track and put it to the use it was designed to excel at. Now its keep the mileage down and who can make £5k first :-(. Ok I may be out of the running now but still think Lotus have made a great car that should drive very well indeed, just not have quite the focus I was hoping for. I really don’t think £5k will make a difference to anybodys life that can afford an £80k plus car, the life experience and memories it could provide is worth much more.
Pretty sure most of us would love to have delivery of our new car and a quick running in.

The reality is anything but quick and that’s why there’s less enthusiasm to keep the cars. The number of flippers is still going to be very low mainly because there simply won’t be that many cars.

I also think a few will get burnt here as IMO there will be a few to make a £ or 2 if they choose to flip in first 6 months. But I think we re heading for turbulent times and when the flips start hanging around more than a week and the £ delta isn't that great, there will be a few cancellations from people who never wanted the car but only the £!
On the plus side... It'll shift the rest of us up the waiting list😁

I don’t think flipping is anyone’s intention but if you have had to jump out like I have due to the car being late or even personal issues then why not flip if you can afford to keep your deposit in.

I’ve now been lucky enough to have a go in an Emira and I must say it’s excellent everything I expected and more so if you can wait it will be worth it.

For me I’ve cancelled my Eletre and left my Emira deposit in for now not to flip but as a back up if my Porsche don’t turn up either.

The car lottery continues 😊

I don’t think flipping is anyone’s intention but if you have had to jump out like I have due to the car being late or even personal issues then why not flip if you can afford to keep your deposit in.

I’ve now been lucky enough to have a go in an Emira and I must say it’s excellent everything I expected and more so if you can wait it will be worth it.

For me I’ve cancelled my Eletre and left my Emira deposit in for now not to flip but as a back up if my Porsche don’t turn up either.

The car lottery continues 😊
I imagine a lot of people are looking at desirable cars as an investment for flipping and why not; whatever anyone's circumstances are just not sure what the market is for this car. GT4 RS no brainer but an Emira with so-so reviews i'm not sure.

I imagine a lot of people are looking at desirable cars as an investment for flipping and why not; whatever anyone's circumstances are just not sure what the market is for this car. GT4 RS no brainer but an Emira with so-so reviews i'm not sure.
its certainly a bit of a risk.... but as I said, you would have to assume the first few should do quite well, there is still a big curiosity and desire factor for the moment.... next year will be a different story and when Evo get the car back again for this supposed second review, which was promised but has yet to happen..and when SHizzy gets his car and reviews it (he never even put up the first review, which is VERY STRANGE and makes me think it didnt go well).... then if it doesn't get better reviews than previous... it will be in even hotter water ;) and a speculators nightmare

I agree the GT4 RS is a flipper's dream the Emira is a quick 5k-10k over in the first few months at best.

6ztzd1.jpg

its certainly a bit of a risk.... but as I said, you would have to assume the first few should do quite well, there is still a big curiosity and desire factor for the moment.... next year will be a different story and when Evo get the car back again for this supposed second review, which was promised but has yet to happen..and when SHizzy gets his car and reviews it (he never even put up the first review, which is VERY STRANGE and makes me think it didnt go well).... then if it doesn't get better reviews than previous... it will be in even hotter water ;) and a speculators nightmare
I don't think flippers are going to be having a good time with any cars going forward.... Except for the air cooled Porsche guys ;)

As for the reviewers, I can see how they have a hard time in comparison video's with the Emira v Porsche. Arguably and thinking with your head, the Porsche on paper might be the "better" car. Since they are suppose to be objective and probably lack the emotional connection that someone buying the car would have, I can see why they could score the Emira lower than it deserves. If I drove Mclaren's, Ferrari and Bugatti's every other week I would certainly start to loose that emotional connection. Imagine jumping out of a AM valkyrie to take the Emira for a spin.... tough to wow some of these guys.

IMO no question - Lotus Emira > 718 GTS 4.0 - Let's see how it goes for the next round of reviews for production finished Emira's!

I don't think flippers are going to be having a good time with any cars going forward.... Except for the air cooled Porsche guys ;)

As for the reviewers, I can see how they have a hard time in comparison video's with the Emira v Porsche. Arguably and thinking with your head, the Porsche on paper might be the "better" car. Since they are suppose to be objective and probably lack the emotional connection that someone buying the car would have, I can see why they could score the Emira lower than it deserves. If I drove Mclaren's, Ferrari and Bugatti's every other week I would certainly start to loose that emotional connection. Imagine jumping out of a AM valkyrie to take the Emira for a spin.... tough to wow some of these guys.

IMO no question - Lotus Emira > 718 GTS 4.0 - Let's see how it goes for the next round of reviews for production finished Emira's!
I've had multiple 911's. The Cayman is a great car, but you see them everywhere. You pull up in a Cayman, maybe someone notices. You pull up in an Emira, everyone notices. To me, it's no contest. I can always get a Cayman. How many people (here in the U.S.) can get an Emira?.....not many at all. I look forward to taking delivery.

I think you're flipping :) you mean to tell me after a year, a zero mile car cannot fetch $120K?

I think you're flipping :) you mean to tell me after a year, a zero mile car cannot fetch $120K?
No chance I will be flipping - and If I do it's not for a financial reward. The only car I ever made money on was the 911 992 S. The only reason I moved on from it was to place another deposit on a 718 Spyder that I may cancel because of the Emira. Only car I regretted selling was the Spyder.

I owned the C8 for two months - did not really like the car in the end and moved on from it right at the beginning of COVID - I took a 1K loss on it for the 718 Spyder allocation. Had I held it another 6 months I certainly would have made some $$, but then again I probably would not have gotten the Spyder allocation either if I waited.

I have been on a search for the car that gives me the emotional feeling of driving something special. Before the Lotus test drive I was unsure if it would be the Emira... After it, I am fairly certain it is what I was searching for. It is that good IMO. I realize that we are at an end of an era for the these types of cars and do not want to miss the boat on having one order new for myself. I have a son that loves cars like me, he's young and by the time het gets his license to drive I would like him to take a spin in something from my era, something I felt was special.

As for flippers, I have many friends that have flipped cars, I don't hate on them, I just personally think a car is a depreciating asset (outside of rare collectables.... certainly not a regular C8 or a 911 S) Could care less about making money on cars. Its a pleasure to own and drive these machines and something I really enjoy. To answer the question, I would not buy a Lotus Emira to turn a profit, in North America, I personally think you will not be making much, if any $. The crazy covid car market is over, IMO.

No chance I will be flipping - and If I do it's not for a financial reward. The only car I ever made money on was the 911 992 S. The only reason I moved on from it was to place another deposit on a 718 Spyder that I may cancel because of the Emira. Only car I regretted selling was the Spyder.

I owned the C8 for two months - did not really like the car in the end and moved on from it right at the beginning of COVID - I took a 1K loss on it for the 718 Spyder allocation. Had I held it another 6 months I certainly would have made some $$, but then again I probably would not have gotten the Spyder allocation either if I waited.

I have been on a search for the car that gives me the emotional feeling of driving something special. Before the Lotus test drive I was unsure if it would be the Emira... After it, I am fairly certain it is what I was searching for. It is that good IMO. I realize that we are at an end of an era for the these types of cars and do not want to miss the boat on having one order new for myself. I have a son that loves cars like me, he's young and by the time het gets his license to drive I would like him to take a spin in something from my era, something I felt was special.

As for flippers, I have many friends that have flipped cars, I don't hate on them, I just personally think a car is a depreciating asset (outside of rare collectables.... certainly not a regular C8 or a 911 S) Could care less about making money on cars. Its a pleasure to own and drive these machines and something I really enjoy. To answer the question, I would not buy a Lotus Emira to turn a profit, in North America, I personally think you will not be making much, if any $. The crazy covid car market is over, IMO.
But forget your moral compass for a minute, if you flip your car, you can get the Emira GT that will be released with 480HP and a 8 speed manual... o_O 😛 You imagine? there will be mass suicide on here :ROFLMAO:

718 GTS was made for all the overweight slightly younger boomers who complained about the 2.5 GTS 718. Imagine wanting a heavier, less balanced, less purposeful motor that is slower, just so that it could sound like the previous generation? The 4.0 GTS is a great vehicle. The 2.0 and 2.5 are far superior, but lacked marketing gimmick. Janko Lind's review of the 4.0 GTS explains this fully. The 4.0 is in the wrong chassis and clearly needs GT4 or Spyder modifications to be, as he said, "not stressful".

The V6 emira on the other hand is fully built in harmony. It was a lot better than the GTS 4.0. The reviewers have no f'ing clue. Balance is the key to 718. The 2.0 and Manual gearbox is a fantastic, light experience. the 2.5 GTS is a lot faster than the 4.0 GTS

718 GTS was made for all the overweight slightly younger boomers who complained about the 2.5 GTS 718. Imagine wanting a heavier, less balanced, less purposeful motor that is slower, just so that it could sound like the previous generation? The 4.0 GTS is a great vehicle. The 2.0 and 2.5 are far superior, but lacked marketing gimmick. Janko Lind's review of the 4.0 GTS explains this fully. The 4.0 is in the wrong chassis and clearly needs GT4 or Spyder modifications to be, as he said, "not stressful".

The V6 emira on the other hand is fully built in harmony. It was a lot better than the GTS 4.0. The reviewers have no f'ing clue. Balance is the key to 718. The 2.0 and Manual gearbox is a fantastic, light experience. the 2.5 GTS is a lot faster than the 4.0 GTS
JANKOs video of his OHLINS install on his T is an all timer. I love him . “as a leader, a husband and a father…’
hes so awesome

BUT, if the 4.0 didn’t have stupid gearing, it’s what I’d buy

JANKOs video of his OHLINS install on his T is an all timer. I love him . “as a leader, a husband and a father…’
hes so awesome

BUT, if the 4.0 didn’t have stupid gearing, it’s what I’d buy
100%. He is the reason i was swayed to spec out perfectly and choose a Boxster T. I have it now a week and WOW. it is a thing of art and machinery.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back