I'm out - the cancellations thread

Would you approve keeping and dd my TT (if I do this I’ll EQT it to 450+hp) and garage queen this?
{in ragtop}

I’m OUT probably no surprise of the reasons why so I’ll not bore everyone.
On a positive I’ve finally decided what I am getting : BMW Mi240 X drive will be ringing round tomorrow to try and get one sorted as soon as I can, either 22 plate with very low mileage or brand new. But she will be purple with some very tasty options including the full exterior carbon pack. View attachment 19763View attachment 19765
I'm confused as well. In this post, you said you were "out" but now you're buying the Emira?

I bought a lightly used R8, and though it is an insane car, I just cannot get comfortable in it. My head is too close to the ceiling, legs a little too bent, and I decided I am not putting in racing seats to fix it. Yes, I bought it without a test drive because where I live there are no nice cars; I would have to fly somewhere to do that. I was 95% sure it would be perfect for me, turns out being tall-ish sucks with sports cars...

Probably custom-ordering a new M4 with stick shift and then do some modding, and still have money leftover.

I bought a lightly used R8, and though it is an insane car, I just cannot get comfortable in it. My head is too close to the ceiling, legs a little too bent, and I decided I am not putting in racing seats to fix it. Yes, I bought it without a test drive because where I live there are no nice cars; I would have to fly somewhere to do that. I was 95% sure it would be perfect for me, turns out being tall-ish sucks with sports cars...

Probably custom-ordering a new M4 with stick shift and then do some modding, and still have money leftover.
hmmmm.... Do we have chance to pull you back into the Emira fold....:unsure:

I'm confused as well. In this post, you said you were "out" but now you're buying the Emira?
Hi I’m buying it but not keeping it as my car, I’m going to BMW today to configure and order M240i which I think won’t be coming until at least April so I may use Emira until new car comes or sell straight away depending if I receive any decent offers - not sure yet as thought of not having a car till April is very bleak. I can’t find a purple car with all the options that I want there are a couple available but they don’t have everything inc on inc adaptive suspension and I deffo want that

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that. I like to use other people's money and take advantage of $0down/term purchases. That way I get stuff I want and my money continues to earn interest. Haven't seen that on a car yet but when auto loans were offered at 2% it was still less than I was making on investments...:) Of course those days are gone for awhile...
I should have qualified that with "currently" I have taken advantage of zero percent finance in the past, it would be daft not to, in reality deals of that nature might not be around for some time

Hard ageee here, enough with the passive suggestions. This entire forum doesn’t need to be a safe space for the Lotus super fans.
Lol, lotus super fan 🤣 I've only had one and hated it kept it 6wks

Not about a safe space, if you don't like the car and have found something better brilliant tell us then move on, don't hang around, bitchin and moaning, just reeks of trying to justify your decision and convince others

Hi I’m buying it but not keeping it as my car, I’m going to BMW today to configure and order M240i which I think won’t be coming until at least April so I may use Emira until new car comes or sell straight away depending if I receive any decent offers - not sure yet as thought of not having a car till April is very bleak. I can’t find a purple car with all the options that I want there are a couple available but they don’t have everything inc on inc adaptive suspension and I deffo want that

I’ve decided to do similar… I think 🤔 ….,get the car… actually get a decent drive in it so it has a proper chance to wow me

If I still don’t get on with it after a while I’ll sell and get something else… who knows with a bit of luck I might get back what I paid or a bit more

I’ve been in this since launch so bailing now feels daft

I took the liberty of editing your post!

Probably custom-ordering a new I4 with DCT and then do some modding to 425HP, and still have money leftover to buy aftermarket seats that will work with my height.

I see. Don't blame you one wanting the purple Bimmer!

Have you put it on autotrader, notice today the yellow one has gone off there but a nimbus grey one in Durham has appeared!?!

Has anyone considered the scenario that the Emira may become financially un viable and geely pull the plug on it in the near future?

I'll admit it's far fetched but also not beyond the realms of possibility
what would they then use the factory for? A lot of Lay offs... write down of 100 million plus a lot more on top...
Its, as anything is, possible, but no, I cant see it... not unless they really have more and more issues with production cars that they cant solve easilly.
The thing is, this car is already probably a LOSS LEADER... to give their EV's a bit of koooodosss kudos, so loosing x or loosing x + y I dont think will make them pull out no.....

Have you put it on autotrader, notice today the yellow one has gone off there but a nimbus grey one in Durham has appeared!?!
IF the yellow one is going next week on collecting cars, one of their conditions is the it is NOT advertised elsewhere, so would be wrong to assume its sold...... keep an eye on wednesday onwards and see if it appears there......

IF the yellow one is going next week on collecting cars, one of their conditions is the it is NOT advertised elsewhere, so would be wrong to assume its sold...... keep an eye on wednesday onwards and see if it appears there......
Ah I see so it hasn't sold yet. I'm on collecting cars and their watch site several times a week dreaming so I'll look forward to seeing it soon.

Ah I see so it hasn't sold yet. I'm on collecting cars and their watch site several times a week dreaming so I'll look forward to seeing it soon.
this is what I suspect, but this week will tell us more... I would prefer it had sold on autotrader or where ever it was, as would show strong desire for the car.

this is what I suspect, but this week will tell us more... I would prefer it had sold on autotrader or where ever it was, as would show strong desire for the car.
How does one sale indicate a strong desire? Surely, the premium achieved, and that trend, shows 'strong desire'?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back