I'm out - the cancellations thread

Well you can only comment on your experience. I felt the same… but no idea where the rev counter got to as the steering wheel almost totally blocked visibility of the screen!! I was giving it the beans though so assume I got over 4000
I think I can comment on everyone's experience. Unless one got the chance to WOT the Emira all the way to redline, either confirmed visually by the tach or by bouncing off the rev limiter, then they left some beans on the table.

Your reasons for getting something else are valid but it's not fair to say you weren't impressed by the acceleration when you didn't get to experience the brunt of it at the upper end of the tach.
Yes I agree but I can only go on the route that I was allowed to do not straying from the route. I do think I may of been more impressed if I had a better route. I’m used to be given the keys and come back when your ready. With all the rules Lotus are turning off potential buyers. I was considering doing a 5 hrs round trip to another dealership- but I decided to call it a day

Emira did not give me £80k of excitement, exhaust whining and acceleration disappointing. Thought the screen and finishing quality not on point. Liked the BMW interior better and when I put my foot down I went back in the seat, something I didn’t get with the Emira.
I also think 🤔 my an auto convert after have autos for years so sticking to what I know and works for me. It’s just a w/e car so very happy it has enough for me for £30k less with more practically.
No denying the Emira looks absolutely fantastic but it was about the drive for me. I’m not near a dealer so the issues that some of the early cars have had was also a concern.

I get what you are saying. The M240i is not a direct competitor to the Emira, yet it can be a substitute. I was waiting for the new C63 until I learned about the Emira. I figure if the Emira did sour on me and I was able to cancel and get my money back, I would be going back toward the C63.

Yes I agree but I can only go on the route that I was allowed to do not straying from the route. I do think I may of been more impressed if I had a better route. I’m used to be given the keys and come back when your ready. With all the rules Lotus are turning off potential buyers. I was considering doing a 5 hrs round trip to another dealership- but I decided to call it a day
I don't think it would've made a difference, as the 'feeling' of going fast seems to be more related to the torque you're getting from the BMW's turbo'ed engine rather than linear power from the Emira. Not that I think the Emira is particularly fast either BTW! 😂

I think I can comment on everyone's experience. Unless one got the chance to WOT the Emira all the way to redline, either confirmed visually by the tach or by bouncing off the rev limiter, then they left some beans on the table.

Agreed, but I thought the power delivery was fairly linear… I assume this means that it’s not getting a lot more bonkers as you approach the redline, hence even using 60-70% of the beans gives you a good idea of the acceleration?

Having a maths degree I should probably know more about this but I’m sure someone can point out why I’m talking rubbish 😄

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1CA34E1A-D485-442A-806D-C35BA7315232.jpeg
    1CA34E1A-D485-442A-806D-C35BA7315232.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 43435BFE-11BD-4E29-A2CE-998BF16AF4D2.png
    43435BFE-11BD-4E29-A2CE-998BF16AF4D2.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 38
Agreed, but I thought the power delivery was fairly linear… I assume this means that it’s not getting a lot more bonkers as you approach the redline, hence even using 60-70% of the beans gives you a good idea of the acceleration?

It depends on where peak hp / tq occur in the range. Most new turbo engines / large NA V8s make the meat of their hp / tq in the mid range but smaller displacement NA engines and supercharged ones generally make it at the top of the range. The Emira makes max power hp @ redline whereas some turbos have already began to run out of steam and drop off in power.

To get a good idea of Emira acceleration, revs should be be kept in the top 30% of the range, as the power isn't as effortless as a turbo.

Fair enough… in that case I likely just got into the exciting band then pulled back… but you still need to get up there from standstill and that bit didn’t feel urgent enough for me.

Fair enough… in that case I likely just got into the exciting band then pulled back… but you still need to get up there from standstill and that bit didn’t feel urgent enough for me.
And I think it is safe to say no one was rev drop/ launching during the test drive, so probably none of us know how that feels until a brave person finishes their break-in period and has enough money in case it breaks! But yeah, it was nothing special to me until about 4500

And I think it is safe to say no one was rev drop/ launching during the test drive, so probably none of us know how that feels until a brave person finishes their break-in period and has enough money in case it breaks! But yeah, it was nothing special to me until about 4500
There were no rev restrictions on my test drive and nothing got much more dramatic later in the rev range. That being said, I'm still buying mine as I didn't expect it to feel or be hugely quick anyway!

There were no rev restrictions on my test drive and nothing got much more dramatic later in the rev range. That being said, I'm still buying mine as I didn't expect it to feel or be hugely quick anyway!
Same. It definitely felt a bit slower than my M2 Comp which was 200kg heavier and 405bhp and I didn't think that was particularly fast, especially in manual guise.
It's fast enough for the road for sure, but the way it delivers the power is not very exciting. I'm sure a 3rd cat delete and remap will help address that aurally and in sensation as you get closer to the redline.
I just wanted it like that out of the box

Exactly, the difference is that the M240i actually exists! Seems like waiting for your unicorn in the mail, and wondering why your neighbor is foolish enough to be riding around on a nice new horse instead :ROFLMAO: and yet, I wait.
Good things come to those who wait! I hope so at least. 😉

Same. It definitely felt a bit slower than my M2 Comp which was 200kg heavier and 405bhp and I didn't think that was particularly fast, especially in manual guise.
It's fast enough for the road for sure, but the way it delivers the power is not very exciting. I'm sure a 3rd cat delete and remap will help address that aurally and in sensation as you get closer to the redline.
I just wanted it like that out of the box
My GT4 never felt that quick to me....more urgent than quick and the power delivery was linear, much like the Emira but with the high redline it did come alive after 5000RPM. But....the GT4 had such long gears that you never got out of 2nd/3rd so I'm hoping the Emira will be a decent middle ground 🤞🏼

Your reasons are valid. But please, can we use should have, would have, may have instead of should of, would of and may of?

Please! Even as a non native speaker it's just wrong. Rant over.

Purple is a great color though.

There were no rev restrictions on my test drive and nothing got much more dramatic later in the rev range.

That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you visually confirmed where you were in the range? It doesn't matter in a turbo but here it does.

Yeah there were no restrictions on mine either! That is what I meant, it was nothing special until 4500... not that I stopped there, it was just until then that it was underwhelming. After 4500 is when it came alive! I see how that may have read, in hindsight!

But as for my other comment, I am sure no one actually knows what blasting off the line feels like and probably wont for a while!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back