I'm out - the cancellations thread

Confirmation bias, either looking for it or trying to create it.
Not true for everyone. I actually enjoyed this forum and getting to know everyone on here the last 1.5 years. I like to see the "end of the story" for a lot of what I got involved in. Plus, the guys over at R8Talk.com can be dicks (not all of them).

Not true for everyone. I actually enjoyed this forum and getting to know everyone on here the last 1.5 years. I like to see the "end of the story" for a lot of what I got involved in. Plus, the guys over at R8Talk.com can be dicks (not all of them).
🤭 that’s so true about that other place!

Exactly this for me. It’s been a loooong journey, and at times it has been exciting, tiring, frustrating and emotional.

I’m not quite ready to just walk away yet.

And just because the car might not be right for me doesn’t mean I’m not interested in what everyone else makes of it. I’m much more interested in the counterpoint view than seeking to confirm my own… and the majority of reviews do make me wonder if I was asleep at the wheel during my test drive!!

Sigh, this time I cancelled for real..:) We have a tough year ahead next year and retiring credit debt makes more sense than tying up money for a car I won't see for another 1-2 years. My guess is if I still want an Emira by then there will be plenty to choose from! Good luck to all and I'm still gunna stalk the site to see how everthing is going.. cheers:)

Given the talk of further delays, I’m pondering not necessarily cancelling but delaying for a while longer. I’ve got 3-4 trips planned for next year that the Emira was supposed to be around for. So I’m thinking of going for an Exige 380 or perhaps 410 sport and then keeping the deposit with Lotus for a potential GT4 or Emira S which I’m sure will come in 12ish months time anyway.

They seemed have pumped out the special editions/improvements fairly quickly in the past?

587FCBED-D2DF-4EA1-B6B1-B151A7F6AF97.jpeg

This thing is amazing, I doubt I’ll go through with my emira I4 order if and when that ever becomes possible

Reactions: DJS
Genuinely surprised so many people are cancelling, I think it's a fantastic car and it has a great reception in real life. I don't think these 30 min test drives on set routes are enough time to properly experience the car.
I’m not that surprised, for some, life isn’t long enough to wait 2+ years.

I’m not that surprised, for some, life isn’t long enough to wait 2+ years.
But you can buy another car in the meantime, enjoy the current one, make modifications...it's not like people are forced to sit cross handed waiting.

And you can always watch 🇦🇷 🇫🇷.
Vamos Argentina...although it's not looking good.

Genuinely surprised so many people are cancelling, I think it's a fantastic car and it has a great reception in real life. I don't think these 30 min test drives on set routes are enough time to properly experience the car.
Totally agree lotus have been so restrictive on demo rides, not willing to offer an extended ride on a decent route even, this is the point they lost me not willing to punt £80k on something I was restricted to mostly 30/ 40 mph route, car didn’t have a chance to show me what it could do.

But you can buy another car in the meantime, enjoy the current one, make modifications...it's not like people are forced to sit cross handed waiting.
Many people sold their current cars ages ago foolishly believing lotus would supply them with a new one, but have been lied to and strung along for month after month after month

Except Lotus have moved delivery dates for UK V6 FE folks six times now, and each time has usually only been 6 weeks notice of another 1-2 month delay. If you'd known in January 2022 you wouldn't see your Emira in May 2022 and it would be more like February 2023, then you could have bought something in the meantime.

I'm lucky and have other fun cars I could drive, but others missed a summer of car fun, events and touring because they kept holding on for a car coming "soon".

Except Lotus have moved delivery dates for UK V6 FE folks six times now, and each time has usually only been 6 weeks notice of another 1-2 month delay. If you'd known in January 2022 you wouldn't see your Emira in May 2022 and it would be more like February 2023, then you could have bought something in the meantime.

I'm lucky and have other fun cars I could drive, but others missed a summer of car fun, events and touring because they kept holding on for a car coming "soon".

Exactly. I had the opportunity to buy 1 of 2 Verde Ithaca Evora GTs in the US and let it pass me by because I expected my Emira by June... then July.. then November.. and December... and now it's March. This experience has been torture.

100% this.
Had I have known a year ago I'd still be waiting instead of the May 22 delivery, I'd have pulled out immediately.

Clever tactics by Lotus,the truth would have had a mass of cancellations,its kept us here still,but left a very sour taste in our mouths....

Yet,despite this,I'm still here.....

I can't remember the estimated delivery date from when I put my deposit it, think it was early summer 22.

If hadn't elected for an I4 it may well have been arriving now and I'd be looking to sell on (as couldn't get on with the seats) so had a lucky escape.

I was fortunate enough to have a chunk of money put aside towards the Emira so bought a Caterham R300 as a stop-gap. Looks like I'm keeping that.

I was a pre-reveal deposit holder, oringally expecting an April/May 2022 delivery on the Emira, I sold my Evora 410 GT Sport in March this year, I wish I had kept it and got some use out of it this year. The way things are with the Emiras now I would probably have dropped out and kept the Evora. I started my checkout procedure on November 21st and as far as I can tell from LCS my car has now been at PDI for 3 weeks and no delivery dates yet, this doesn't bode well for what the status of the car is, has it failed PDI has is got parts missing or has it got other defects!!!!!!

Genuinely surprised so many people are cancelling, I think it's a fantastic car and it has a great reception in real life.
If/when I cancel, it won't be because I don't like the car. It is because I don't like the way I'm being treated by Lotus; told absolutely nothing about when I can expect my car.

Anyone who has worked for a large corporation knows that you have a 2023 production plan in place at this point. Yes, it may change as time goes on, but there is no way you do not have a plan in place. So Lotus knows how many cars they will produce each month for each market country; there is no way they would go into a new year without a detailed plan in place. The issue is not sharing any of it with the customers that have paid you for your product.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back