I'm out - the cancellations thread

If/when I cancel, it won't be because I don't like the car. It is because I don't like the way I'm being treated by Lotus; told absolutely nothing about when I can expect my car.
I am afraid Lotus have failed their customers by the very, very poor information communications (non-existing).

If/when I cancel, it won't be because I don't like the car. It is because I don't like the way I'm being treated by Lotus; told absolutely nothing about when I can expect my car.

Anyone who has worked for a large corporation knows that you have a 2023 production plan in place at this point. Yes, it may change as time goes on, but there is no way you do not have a plan in place. So Lotus knows how many cars they will produce each month for each market country; there is no way they would go into a new year without a detailed plan in place. The issue is not sharing any of it with the customers that have paid you for your product.
Yes, but obviously their plans have not panned out. Maybe it's due to issues out of their control, or within their control, or some combination there of. Regardless, the risks of delays have become actual delays. Unless they can be certain of the risk management for their current plan, they can't have the confidence that they will be able the execute on time/budget. Limiting communications may be a part of their risk control.

Anyone who has worked for a large corporation knows that you have a 2023 production plan in place at this point. Yes, it may change as time goes on, but there is no way you do not have a plan in place. So Lotus knows how many cars they will produce each month for each market country; there is no way they would go into a new year without a detailed plan in place. The issue is not sharing any of it with the customers that have paid you for your product.
Absolutely Spot-On interestingly I've had an INEOS Grenadier on order for similar time as a works vehicle. The difference between the 2 companies is chalk and cheese. INEOS keep in touch regularly with email updates, as they are getting close to delivery I mean every couple of weeks. Over a year ago I was out being given a test ride in a prototype one, again this May, and got to drive a near production one on a very testing off road track this October. All the time INEOS have kept in touch and made sure customers are happy. Mine is due in March and I'm really looking forward to it as a result of all the attention I have been give over 18 months. I don't think I need to tell you how Lotus have been by comparison. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Absolutely Spot-On interestingly I've had an INEOS Grenadier on order for similar time as a works vehicle. The difference between the 2 companies is chalk and cheese. INEOS keep in touch regularly with email updates, as they are getting close to delivery I mean every couple of weeks. Over a year ago I was out being given a test ride in a prototype one, again this May, and got to drive a near production one on a very testing off road track this October. All the time INEOS have kept in touch and made sure customers are happy. Mine is due in March and I'm really looking forward to it as a result of all the attention I have been give over 18 months. I don't think I need to tell you how Lotus have been by comparison. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Geely/Lotus should never have put out that first release schedule. In a rush to get orders in the bag they made a typical mistake and issued promises with zero regard to the upcoming mfg environment and ability of the factory to produce. It's the well known Sales v Service conflict, As a result they will be replacing orders with cancellations while churning out cars with problems because the factory is being forced to meet an unrealistic schedule. Oh, and pissing off a lot of buyers in the process.

Some lucky person will be getting a call tomorrow for delivery in January of a Nimbus with red leather, sports suspension on Goodyears, black wheels and red callipers, privacy glass and tracker. If it’s someone on here could you send me some photos 😉 so that I could admire her from afar as it’s been a long old wait - would of liked to seen my spec in the flesh but I’ll be picking up my new M240i x drive instead hoping 1st week in January as she due to arrive at dealer on 22nd

Some lucky person will be getting a call tomorrow for delivery in January of a Nimbus with red leather, sports suspension on Goodyears, black wheels and red callipers, privacy glass and tracker. If it’s someone on here could you send me some photos 😉 so that I could admire her from afar as it’s been a long old wait - would of liked to seen my spec in the flesh but I’ll be picking up my new M240i x drive instead hoping 1st week in January as she due to arrive at dealer on 22nd
Not meaning to offend, but what’s the rational behind a M240i over an Emira? It doesn’t really seem like such a special car in comparison?

Last edited:
Not meaning to offend, but what’s the relational behind a M240i over an Emira? It doesn’t really seem like such a special car in comparison?

Surely not as special, rare, or engaging as a Lotus, but at least it exists and can be enjoyed outside of an online forum. The M is an impressive little car with a turbo 3.0 I6 w/~380HP/370lbft and 0-60 in 4.1. Plus they start ~$50k, so half the price of the Emira FE.

Not meaning to offend, but what’s the relational behind a M240i over an Emira? It doesn’t really seem like such a special car in comparison?
I found this offensive. Who are any of us to say a M240i isn't special?

Surely not as special, rare, or engaging as a Lotus, but at least it exists and can be enjoyed outside of an online forum. The M is an impressive little car with a turbo 3.0 I6 w/~380HP/370lbft and 0-60 in 4.1. Plus they start ~$50k, so half the price of the Emira FE.
Exactly, the difference is that the M240i actually exists! Seems like waiting for your unicorn in the mail, and wondering why your neighbor is foolish enough to be riding around on a nice new horse instead :ROFLMAO: and yet, I wait.

Emira did not give me £80k of excitement, exhaust whining and acceleration disappointing. Thought the screen and finishing quality not on point. Liked the BMW interior better and when I put my foot down I went back in the seat, something I didn’t get with the Emira.
I also think 🤔 my an auto convert after have autos for years so sticking to what I know and works for me. It’s just a w/e car so very happy it has enough for me for £30k less with more practically.
No denying the Emira looks absolutely fantastic but it was about the drive for me. I’m not near a dealer so the issues that some of the early cars have had was also a concern.

Emira did not give me £80k of excitement, exhaust whining and acceleration disappointing. Thought the screen and finishing quality not on point. Liked the BMW interior better and when I put my foot down I went back in the seat, something I didn’t get with the Emira.
I also think 🤔 my an auto convert after have autos for years so sticking to what I know and works for me. It’s just a w/e car so very happy it has enough for me for £30k less with more practically.
No denying the Emira looks absolutely fantastic but it was about the drive for me. I’m not near a dealer so the issues that some of the early cars have had was also a concern.
Out of curiosity, were you able to rev above 4k on your test drive?

No bites from the Autotrader advert then 😂👀

That’s fair enough, I just can’t get on with modern BMWs although the fact that it is actually a thing that can be had is a major bonus.

The Emira has a faster 5-60 rolling start time than the M240i.

I think that is a fair assessment and I wish you luck and excitement in your new car. I am sure that what you are looking for in a car a M240 fits the bill nicely.

A friend of mine moved from an Exige 350 to a M240 and loves it. So well done and the angst of the Lotus Emira saga can be parked. But I guess in a year or two when the I4 comes around, you may reconsider, by then a change maybe on the cards and joining the Lotus club could be back on. Good luck and Merry Xmas

Out of curiosity, were you able to rev above 4k on your test drive?
The demo route was terrible as was Bradford so the car couldn’t show me the best of what it could do no nice twisties and it was wet/ raining ☔️ ( but it did give confidence in wet conditions )
Lotus not willing to give extended drives so wasn’t willing to punt £80k, as my car history I get bored with them quickly. I thought it was OK but I knew the exhaust sound would grate on me after a while. Sounds great from outside cabin but not inside cabin. ( I’ve been spoilt by V10 R8 growl )
For all of us depends what are out top criteria are I suppose- waiting all this time was a bit of anticlimax for me I’m afraid
After my demo in the BMW it gave me the smiles 😁

The demo route was terrible as was Bradford so the car couldn’t show me the best of what it could do no nice twisties and it was wet/ raining ☔️ ( but it did give confidence in wet conditions )
Lotus not willing to give extended drives so wasn’t willing to punt £80k, as my car history I get bored with them quickly. I thought it was OK but I knew the exhaust sound would grate on me after a while. Sounds great from outside cabin but not inside cabin. ( I’ve been spoilt by V10 R8 growl )
For all of us depends what are out top criteria are I suppose- waiting all this time was a bit of anticlimax for me I’m afraid
After my demo in the BMW it gave me the smiles 😁

Your reasons for getting something else are valid but it's not fair to say you weren't impressed by the acceleration when you didn't get to experience the brunt of it at the upper end of the tach.

Well you can only comment on your experience. I felt the same… but no idea where the rev counter got to as the steering wheel almost totally blocked visibility of the screen!! I was giving it the beans though so assume I got over 4000

Purple?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back