I'm out - the cancellations thread

Hi all.
Been hovering but not really contributing lately. First, a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone actually know what percentage of deposit holders have asked for their deposits back and moved on? It sure seems like a lot of folks here on the forum are baling, and for those sticking in for now, the enthusiasm has really fallen of.

2. I know there were a large number of deposits around the reveal in 7/2021, but when the reviews of real cars started coming out, does anyone know how many additional deposits were made?

3. I thought people might be interested in my most recent communication with Lotus cars USA (Tammy). Here’s her reply to my email listed below hers.

Hello Michael,

I understand your frustration and thank you for reaching out to us with questions on your Emira order.

At this time, we are working on a communication to our Dealer Network and clients which will be out very soon. This communication should address your concerns and updates on production etc. We understand our communication has not been to par and received this feedback during our Emira tour. Our team is working on improving this for the future to make sure our clients are kept updated in a timely manner and offer transparency to the progress of our orders.

I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for the brand and hope soon you will be driving your Emira! We are confident it will be worth the wait! As always, we recommend staying on touch with your depositing dealer as they will be provided updates as they become available.

Regards

TAMMY MCKENZIE
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
[email protected]
Tel: 646 432 6834
GROUP LOTUS47584 Galleon Dr, Plymouth, Michigan 48170, United States

Dear Tammy,
It has been a long time since I’ve reached out, but I am trying to get some kind of information on what is happening with Emira production, or lack thereof. As a reminder, I placed my deposit with Flow Mazda in Winston Salem, NC on July 24, 2021. My wait list position at the time of my deposit was #31 at my dealer. When allocations were announced I learned I was not going to get a car with the first batch, and then learned that first editions to the US were limited to the 750 cars in the first allocation. As someone who put in their deposit shortly after the debut, and who was given the assurance that as long as my deposit was in by November of 2021 I would be able to get a first edition at the price that was quoted at the time of my deposit, you can imagine how disappointing it has been to learn those assurances are not going to be honored. And since then, there has been a litany of delays, and features have been subtracted due to supply chain issues. I have reached out to my dealer many times asking for updates and don’t receive responses, except those of a non-commital nature and the suggestion that we speak by phone. It feels like this is a way of shining me on without having to commit to a set of facts. My last two queries have gone unanswered at all. I’ve also learned that buyers who placed their deposits long after me will be receiving FE cars simply because of where they placed their deposit. One such person placed their deposit at a new dealership that didn’t even exist when I place my deposit. In a word, this seems patently unfair. I was really excited by Emira when I placed my deposit, and realized that there would be a substantial wait until it would be delivered. But I’ve got to tell you that my enthusiasm has waned significantly since then.

1. I won’t get the car originally described as a FE
2. I won’t even get a FE
3. The price I expected to pay for the car is likely not to be honored due to inflation
4. I’ve received literally zero information related to my car from lotus, lotus USA or my lotus dealer since the deposit was placed.
5. Despite what I suspect are substantial cancellations, I’ve had no updates on my wait list position

I really would like to follow through with my Emira purchase, but I can’t wait forever, particularly when there have been so many broken promises already. It’s hard to imagine a positive owner experience after such an unprofessional lead in.

So I guess I’m asking for some sign that there is an Emira in my future, will the promises made eventually be honored, what is “eventually”, and can I have any confidence that my owner experience will be a positive one. This was to be my first lotus purchase. As you can tell, I’m skeptical, and am close to requesting a return of my deposit and moving on to a more to a manufacturer who cares enough about their customers to communicate regularly and treat them fairly. Yet, I also can’t adequately express how disappointed I am to be writing this email in the first place. I really do feel pretty let down.

I would appreciate it if you could reply to my questions, offer some updates about what is actually happening with Emira production, and give me some facts about where I stand specifically. You have been the only person this entire time who has ever responded to me in a helpful way.

Thanks.
Mike Engel

—————-
My message was sent on 2/4/2023. The email she refers to has not come, and still no comms from my dealer. At this point I am an inch from pulling the plug on all this. I simply don’t know how Lotus is going to stay in business with this kind of performance by their leadership. I think I represent the group of buyers they were trying to capture. I love cars, have resources to be able to purchase a car like Emira, and have never owned a lotus befor. Driven two (M100 elan and Evora GT). Almost pulled the trigger on an Evora GT recently. But after all that has transpired, I can’t see myself buying any lotus product. In short, the company and my dealer have failed miserably. Such a shame. As they approach their electrified future, it’s also highly unlikely I will be a buyer, and I’m equally unlikely to recommend lotus to anyone I know.

Again, I’m so disappointed. I’d hoped for so much more.
Hang in there a bit longer. Wheels are turning slowly, and we are getting closer to NA production of FE… and then the Base Edition.

For perspective, I put down an intent for a Porsche about a year ago. Expectation was set that dealership will call me once there is an allocation. Guess what… zero communication from the dealership so far. I did a check-in once and same response again… don’t call us… we’ll call you once we get an allocation.

I totally understand your frustration, but grass isn’t totally green on the other side either. My recommendation… buy another fun car for a year and take a short break from Lotus and forums. Then one day… Lotus will call you for your money.

Hi all.

1. Does anyone actually know what percentage of deposit holders have asked for their deposits back and moved on? It sure seems like a lot of folks here on the forum are baling, and for those sticking in for now, the enthusiasm has really fallen of.

2. I know there were a large number of deposits around the reveal in 7/2021, but when the reviews of real cars started coming out, does anyone know how many additional deposits were made?

3. I thought people might be interested in my most recent communication with Lotus cars USA (Tammy). Here’s her reply to my email listed below hers.

Hello Michael,

I understand your frustration and thank you for reaching out to us with questions on your Emira order.

At this time, we are working on a communication to our Dealer Network and clients which will be out very soon. This communication should address your concerns and updates on production etc. We understand our communication has not been to par and received this feedback during our Emira tour. Our team is working on improving this for the future to make sure our clients are kept updated in a timely manner and offer transparency to the progress of our orders.

I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for the brand and hope soon you will be driving your Emira! We are confident it will be worth the wait! As always, we recommend staying on touch with your depositing dealer as they will be provided updates as they become available.

Regards

TAMMY MCKENZIE
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
[email protected]

Dear Tammy,
It has been a long time since I’ve reached out, but I am trying to get some kind of information on what is happening with Emira production, or lack thereof. As a reminder, I placed my deposit with Flow Mazda in Winston Salem, NC on July 24, 2021. My wait list position at the time of my deposit was #31 at my dealer. When allocations were announced I learned I was not going to get a car with the first batch, and then learned that first editions to the US were limited to the 750 cars in the first allocation. As someone who put in their deposit shortly after the debut, and who was given the assurance that as long as my deposit was in by November of 2021 I would be able to get a first edition at the price that was quoted at the time of my deposit, you can imagine how disappointing it has been to learn those assurances are not going to be honored. And since then, there has been a litany of delays, and features have been subtracted due to supply chain issues. I have reached out to my dealer many times asking for updates and don’t receive responses, except those of a non-commital nature and the suggestion that we speak by phone. It feels like this is a way of shining me on without having to commit to a set of facts. My last two queries have gone unanswered at all. I’ve also learned that buyers who placed their deposits long after me will be receiving FE cars simply because of where they placed their deposit. One such person placed their deposit at a new dealership that didn’t even exist when I place my deposit. In a word, this seems patently unfair. I was really excited by Emira when I placed my deposit, and realized that there would be a substantial wait until it would be delivered. But I’ve got to tell you that my enthusiasm has waned significantly since then.

2. I won’t even get a FE
3. The price I expected to pay for the car is likely not to be honored due to inflation
4. I’ve received literally zero information related to my car from lotus, lotus USA or my lotus dealer since the deposit was placed.
5. Despite what I suspect are substantial cancellations, I’ve had no updates on my wait list position

I really would like to follow through with my Emira purchase, but I can’t wait forever, particularly when there have been so many broken promises already. It’s hard to imagine a positive owner experience after such an unprofessional lead in.

So I guess I’m asking for some sign that there is an Emira in my future, will the promises made eventually be honored, what is “eventually”, and can I have any confidence that my owner experience will be a positive one. This was to be my first lotus purchase. As you can tell, I’m skeptical, and am close to requesting a return of my deposit and moving on to a more to a manufacturer who cares enough about their customers to communicate regularly and treat them fairly. Yet, I also can’t adequately express how disappointed I am to be writing this email in the first place. I really do feel pretty let down.

I would appreciate it if you could reply to my questions, offer some updates about what is actually happening with Emira production, and give me some facts about where I stand specifically. You have been the only person this entire time who has ever responded to me in a helpful way.

Thanks.
Mike Engel

—————-
My message was sent on 2/4/2023. The email she refers to has not come, and still no comms from my dealer. At this point I am an inch from pulling the plug on all this. I simply don’t know how Lotus is going to stay in business with this kind of performance by their leadership. I think I represent the group of buyers they were trying to capture. I love cars, have resources to be able to purchase a car like Emira, and have never owned a lotus befor. Driven two (M100 elan and Evora GT). Almost pulled the trigger on an Evora GT recently. But after all that has transpired, I can’t see myself buying any lotus product. In short, the company and my dealer have failed miserably. Such a shame. As they approach their electrified future, it’s also highly unlikely I will be a buyer, and I’m equally unlikely to recommend lotus to anyone I know.

The emails have already been sent. But not regarding the Base models, just us -lucky- enough to get the FE. In my personal opinion, the base models wont hit any time in 2023, and the I4s will be later in 2024. Communication is horrible, but the way Lotus probably sees it, they dont care.

Hi all.

Hello Michael,

Regards

TAMMY MCKENZIE
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
[email protected]

Dear Tammy,

2. I won’t even get a FE

Thanks.
Mike Engel

—————-

Now if I were making a modern version of the movie "Liar, Liar" and played a Lotus rep answering Mike...........
Dear Mike,
Did you actually think we are a slightly smaller version of Porsche? Remember, we have many new employees and a brand new factory. Did you think that "ramping up" to a high rate of production is easy? Did you? Well, you would be foolish if you did!
In reality, we are sparing you much frustration by NOT including you among owners of the first batch of our cars, that is, unless you love to visit the dealership, a few times per month. :sneaky:

Honestly, you should be grateful for our booting you off the FE list. You're welcome!
I wish I could tell you more, but for some reason, I cannot lie for 24 hours. Get back to me in a couple of days.

Best regards,
Your brutally-honest Lotus rep

So I collected the Vantage on Saturday.
Cover off reveal and flowers for Mrs B made it all feel very special.
It looks and feels amazing - like new (under 3k miles), with 2 yr AM warranty and still 1 free service remaining in the service pack.

Haven't had much chance to drive it yet so still very much learning. Trying to use the paddles and not be lazy and just leave it in auto. Pushing on a bit on a roundabout and is it is more playful than you might imagine. Haven't dared turn of the traction control yet!
Its (clearly) not as agile as the Emira, or a 570/R8/911 but very powerful and it just feels special - to sit it, to drive, to look at and a great noise.
I still feel sad about not getting the Emira, particularly after such a long wait and the emotional investment; I have had 6 Lotus in the last 15 or so yrs but even though the AM is not new, it still feels like £80k well spent where as the Lotus just didn't (sorry).
In summary, really happy.
I may well come back to the Emira in a couple of yrs and on evidence of the AM in just a few days, I am now thinking the DCT version may well be the better option after all.
Good luck to those still in.

A few pics plus a final picture of my previous Evora - strangely similar!

collection.jpg
collection2.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg
evora IPS.jpg

Nice! A lot of car for the money. Given the warranty and service pack that actually looks like a very rational decision! When they all expire it might be scarier but at least you would have enjoyed an Aston and you might be fine.

Just shows there are some great options out there for the same money!

It looks and feels amazing - like new (under 3k miles), with 2 yr AM warranty and still 1 free service remaining in the service pack.

Haven't had much chance to drive it yet so still very much learning. Trying to use the paddles and not be lazy and just leave it in auto. Pushing on a bit on a roundabout and is it is more playful than you might imagine. Haven't dared turn of the traction control yet!
Its (clearly) not as agile as the Emira, or a 570/R8/911 but very powerful and it just feels special - to sit it, to drive, to look at and a great noise.
I still feel sad about not getting the Emira, particularly after such a long wait and the emotional investment; I have had 6 Lotus in the last 15 or so yrs but even though the AM is not new, it still feels like £80k well spent where as the Lotus just didn't (sorry).
I may well come back to the Emira in a couple of yrs and on evidence of the AM in just a few days, I am now thinking the DCT version may well be the better option after all.

View attachment 23265View attachment 23266

View attachment 23267View attachment 23268
Very similar side profiles I had to look twice there Congratulations many happy smiles and miles ahead 😁

Hi all.

Hello Michael,

Regards

TAMMY MCKENZIE
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
[email protected]

Dear Tammy,

2. I won’t even get a FE

Thanks.
Mike Engel

—————-

Hi Mike,

Have you forwarded this to Ken? It would be interesting to see what he says. The guy has been in the car business a long time, and negative feedback isn't going to wreck his week. Might be good for him. I'm also interested to know if he's had many cancellations, you might be closer to an FE than you realize.

I have the contact info for the Lotus US head of sales if you want to drop him a note as well.

Congratulations on the Vantage. Its nice to change up the type of vehicle you drive to appreciate something else. Like you said you can always circle back to the Emira down the road or there will probably be another car that intrigues us.

It's official - I'm out. Just sent the following in response to the "Invitation to Configure Your Lotus Emira". I know it's salty, and I know it will have no impact but I feel really disappointed and wanted to tell them that.

Dear Lotus Customer Care,

Thank you for your invitation to configure a Lotus Emira.

I have been a Lotus enthusiast since I was 7 years old. The first brand new car I bought was an S1 Elise – a car I have owned for the last 23 years – and I also still own two pre-loved Esprits - a Stevens S3 and an S4. I was therefore really excited when the new Emira was announced and, after due consideration, placed a deposit on 13 August 2021.

Since then, my projected build date has been repeatedly put back. On the 24th November 2022 I received a standard update e-mail stating that my “Emira is scheduled for production in May 2023” but after chasing Lotus for an update I was informed on 18th January this year that my build slot had been pushed back to June with a July delivery date. I had no grumble with these delays; I understand these are estimates not promises, it's a new car being built in a new plant and there are snagging and supply chain issues to deal with.

However, I do expect all customers, new and old to be treated fairly, reasonably, and with honesty.

I received an e-mail from you on 15th February 2023 informing me that the price I had been quoted when I placed my deposits would not be honoured and was increasing by 8% because my build slot had been pushed back to June; cars to be built in May are not affected. It appears that deposits placed in many other countries including the United States are also not affected. So Lotus expects me to pay an additional £6,000 because my car could be rolling down the production line on 1st June rather than the 31st May. This cut-off date seems arbitrary – especially given that my first deposit was placed more than 18 months earlier. There was no explanation in this e-mail of why my order was affected by this price rise while customers who placed orders just days before me are not affected. This doesn’t seem fair or reasonable to me.

Also, I received an e-mail from Lotus on 16th June 2022 containing a link to “a short film from Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars”. As I am sure you know in that video, which was filmed on 10th June 2022, Mr Windle stated:

"I commit to you that these costs will not be passed on to you. The price you have been quoted will be the price you pay for your Emira. That is a promise"
Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars. 10 June 2022.

This is a direct, clear and unambiguous PROMISE that the price I would pay would be the price I was quoted. That promise has been reneged on even though nothing that is known now was not known then. That's not honest.

I happen to be the Managing Director of a company myself and I can honestly say that I would never renege on a promise like that to a customer no matter what the circumstances. If Mr Windle couldn’t keep that promise, he shouldn’t have made it. It’s simple. No ifs, no buts.

Even so, if Mr Windle had had the good grace to make another video explaining why he feels it is necessary to renege on his promise, then perhaps I would feel differently. He has not.

Lotus had choices here. For example:

You could have said back in June 2022 when Mr Windle made his now broken promise that new deposits would be for orders at a higher price. You did not.

You could have given notice of the price rise and asked customers to commit their final deposit to secure the promised price to a certain deadline. You did not.

I would have accepted either of those scenarios but Lotus has made no attempt to treat UK deposit holders equitably and fairly in my view.

I feel very disappointed and very let down by a brand that I have cherished since I was a small child. The excitement that I was feeling has gone completely and I am instead left with a bitter taste in my mouth. This is a point of principle for me and I really feel you should not treat your customers with such contempt.

For these reasons I have decided not to proceed with my order and would instead ask that my deposits are returned to me as soon as possible.

I know that others feel as strongly as I do about this, but I suspect that Lotus won’t care. Moreover, I suspect that this is a calculated move and that Lotus will see the inevitable cancellations as freeing up slots to deliver cars earlier to those who are willing to swallow this behaviour and / or produce non-FE cars at a higher price. Whatever the rationale it’s no way to treat customers. This change at Lotus is not one that I appreciate.

It's official - I'm out. Just sent the following in response to the "Invitation to Configure Your Lotus Emira". I know it's salty, and I know it will have no impact but I feel really disappointed and wanted to tell them that.

I have been a Lotus enthusiast since I was 7 years old. The first brand new car I bought was an S1 Elise – a car I have owned for the last 23 years – and I also still own two pre-loved Esprits - a Stevens S3 and an S4. I was therefore really excited when the new Emira was announced and, after due consideration, placed a deposit on 13 August 2021.

Since then, my projected build date has been repeatedly put back. On the 24th November 2022 I received a standard update e-mail stating that my “Emira is scheduled for production in May 2023” but after chasing Lotus for an update I was informed on 18th January this year that my build slot had been pushed back to June with a July delivery date. I had no grumble with these delays; I understand these are estimates not promises, it's a new car being built in a new plant and there are snagging and supply chain issues to deal with.

However, I do expect all customers, new and old to be treated fairly, reasonably, and with honesty.

I received an e-mail from you on 15th February 2023 informing me that the price I had been quoted when I placed my deposits would not be honoured and was increasing by 8% because my build slot had been pushed back to June; cars to be built in May are not affected. It appears that deposits placed in many other countries including the United States are also not affected. So Lotus expects me to pay an additional £6,000 because my car could be rolling down the production line on 1st June rather than the 31st May. This cut-off date seems arbitrary – especially given that my first deposit was placed more than 18 months earlier. There was no explanation in this e-mail of why my order was affected by this price rise while customers who placed orders just days before me are not affected. This doesn’t seem fair or reasonable to me.

Also, I received an e-mail from Lotus on 16th June 2022 containing a link to “a short film from Matt Windle, Managing Director, Lotus Cars”. As I am sure you know in that video, which was filmed on 10th June 2022, Mr Windle stated:

"I commit to you that these costs will not be passed on to you. The price you have been quoted will be the price you pay for your Emira. That is a promise"

This is a direct, clear and unambiguous PROMISE that the price I would pay would be the price I was quoted. That promise has been reneged on even though nothing that is known now was not known then. That's not honest.

I happen to be the Managing Director of a company myself and I can honestly say that I would never renege on a promise like that to a customer no matter what the circumstances. If Mr Windle couldn’t keep that promise, he shouldn’t have made it. It’s simple. No ifs, no buts.

Even so, if Mr Windle had had the good grace to make another video explaining why he feels it is necessary to renege on his promise, then perhaps I would feel differently. He has not.

You could have said back in June 2022 when Mr Windle made his now broken promise that new deposits would be for orders at a higher price. You did not.

You could have given notice of the price rise and asked customers to commit their final deposit to secure the promised price to a certain deadline. You did not.

I would have accepted either of those scenarios but Lotus has made no attempt to treat UK deposit holders equitably and fairly in my view.

I feel very disappointed and very let down by a brand that I have cherished since I was a small child. The excitement that I was feeling has gone completely and I am instead left with a bitter taste in my mouth. This is a point of principle for me and I really feel you should not treat your customers with such contempt.

For these reasons I have decided not to proceed with my order and would instead ask that my deposits are returned to me as soon as possible.

I know that others feel as strongly as I do about this, but I suspect that Lotus won’t care. Moreover, I suspect that this is a calculated move and that Lotus will see the inevitable cancellations as freeing up slots to deliver cars earlier to those who are willing to swallow this behaviour and / or produce non-FE cars at a higher price. Whatever the rationale it’s no way to treat customers. This change at Lotus is not one that I appreciate.
Don’t blame you at all honestly. Lotus have failed to meet their words every time so far which is incredibly disheartening. They said over 2 weeks ago now that I’d have an answer on checkout etc by now but heard nothing. Car is supposed to be going into production as we speak….

I’m very much torn with this car as a whole. I want to stay in because the car looks awesome but on the flip side customer service has been poor, the residuals aren’t as good as expected and there have been more issues with the cars than I’d like for a new car. Completely on the fence right now.

Well said! I hope it reaches the higher ups at Lotus and not just filtered and disregarded via their outsourced CS.

the residuals aren’t as good as expected and there have been more issues with the cars than I’d like for a new car. Completely on the fence right now.
Waaay too early to know anything about residuals. Values are all over the place in the UK due to other market forces that have nothing to do with Lotus, or even cars. As far as issues, every new model has some things they need to work through and it does seem as though Lotus have been doing that.

I think it's simply too early to make any determination about the things that seem to be most concerning to you.

Well said! I hope it reaches the higher ups at Lotus and not just filtered and disregarded via their outsourced CS.
Oh I am under no illusion: there is no way that this will be escalated up the chain. I suspect whoever reads it will scan through the message looking for the action point and that will be that.

I sent the message for me to be honest. It's my "Dear John" letter to Lotus. Very many years ago a fellow petrolhead said that Lotus is like a good looking partner that's great in bed... but not marriage material. I guess they were right.

Windle's promise did very directly change the outcome for me, though. I was offered a couple of cancellation cars close to my spec in July last year - just a month after the video. The first was scheduled for September delivery at that point but had a full black pack that I didn't want. I passed in the end preferring my own spec on the understanding that my price was locked in. I would definitely have taken one of those had I known... but hey-ho.

Waaay too early to know anything about residuals. Values are all over the place in the UK due to other market forces that have nothing to do with Lotus, or even cars. As far as issues, every new model has some things they need to work through and it does seem as though Lotus have been doing that.

I think it's simply too early to make any determination about the things that seem to be most concerning to you.
I have to say I agree.

Historically Lotus residuals have been pretty poor - a hangover from the Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious reputation - but I think everyone is waiting to see if the Emira will buck that trend and I suspect it will.

That said, I am surprised that the cars on autotrader are hanging around. There is a car close to my spec which is essentially the same price as I would have been charged by Lotus now and I could be driving it tomorrow. I suspect that most people that are interested are on the list, are really looking to get the car for the summer, might be hoping for interest rates to fall a bit, and are therefore happy to wait to get that brand new experience... but it won't be inspiring confidence that they don't appear to be flipping quickly.

As Porter says, though, a lot going on in the economy and in the car market so hard to really tell what's going on.

Nothing wrong with having a “type”

I have to say I agree.

Historically Lotus residuals have been pretty poor - a hangover from the Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious reputation - but I think everyone is waiting to see if the Emira will buck that trend and I suspect it will.

That said, I am surprised that the cars on autotrader are hanging around. There is a car close to my spec which is essentially the same price as I would have been charged by Lotus now and I could be driving it tomorrow. I suspect that most people that are interested are on the list, are really looking to get the car for the summer, might be hoping for interest rates to fall a bit, and are therefore happy to wait to get that brand new experience... but it won't be inspiring confidence that they don't appear to be flipping quickly.

As Porter says, though, a lot going on in the economy and in the car market so hard to really tell what's going on.
With the cost of living in the UK, our interest rates, and our seemingly bleak financial future, I'm not surprised. This is a luxury item, this is something you can buy if you are 100% financially stable. By that I mean you have a low mortgage, a decent savings account and a job in demand. Sadly, the majorty in the UK do not have that backing to jump into the best part of £100,000 (by the time you tax and insure it). Also on top of that, you need a second car if you have a family (or be able to blag that into your wifes car like i did lol)

I know there were a large number of deposits around the reveal in 7/2021, but when the reviews of real cars started coming out, does anyone know how many additional deposits were made?
Unfortunately, no one will be able to accurately answer your questions . . . this just isn't publically available information. However, we do know from an interview with Matt Windle that Lotus has taken over 10,000 deposits for the Emira, and that about one-third of them were in the USA.

Oh I am under no illusion: there is no way that this will be escalated up the chain. I suspect whoever reads it will scan through the message looking for the action point and that will be that.

I sent the message for me to be honest. It's my "Dear John" letter to Lotus. Very many years ago a fellow petrolhead said that Lotus is like a good looking partner that's great in bed... but not marriage material. I guess they were right.

Windle's promise did very directly change the outcome for me, though. I was offered a couple of cancellation cars close to my spec in July last year - just a month after the video. The first was scheduled for September delivery at that point but had a full black pack that I didn't want. I passed in the end preferring my own spec on the understanding that my price was locked in. I would definitely have taken one of those had I known... but hey-ho.
This is EXACTLY my situation. Offered cars but timing was such I'd incur costs to get money out as had locked it away following email saying due Q1 24. Not £6k of costs though😭😭😭. That price increase hurt... But then I always did going back to the hot Ex that wasn't marriage material 😉

It seems I am 'lucky' not to have had heater problems with my Taycan. I have it on good authority that my dealer has about 50 in a compound all dead until parts arrive. Production has now stopped in an attempt to fix issues rather than build them in. Grim.
I just looked at trading mine for a new GTS (cancelled order - fantastic spec) but learned the arse has fallen out of the second hand EV market. Not counting any losses on the new GTS, I (the business) will have lost at least £60k in 12 months. SO I'll keep it for another year and pray the market picks up!!!!

Also thats the second new Taycan I have been offered in two weeks, both cancelled orders....

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back