I'm out - the cancellations thread

When I was told it would be Spring '24 I ordered a Porsche, just in case the Lotus became further delayed beyond Spring '24. I was fortunate to get an early build slot for the Porker and that's arriving in June. Now, suddenly, Lotus tell me the Emira is arriving a year earlier?
WTF do they expect me to do?
Colin

When I was told it would be Spring '24 I ordered a Porsche, just in case the Lotus became further delayed beyond Spring '24. I was fortunate to get an early build slot for the Porker and that's arriving in June. Now, suddenly, Lotus tell me the Emira is arriving a year earlier?
Colin
which Porsche?

FE price increased from $93900 to $105400 in the US. The Emira no longer feels like a value at that price point and a lot more cancellations will rightfully follow.
Except for the fact that none of the people who have hard ordered FE V6 cars in the US will be affected by the price increase.

Price change in US/CA only affects late depositors who will be getting post-MY2024 cars.

Except for the fact that none of the people who have hard ordered FE V6 cars in the US will be affected by the price increase.

Price change in US/CA only affects late depositors who will be getting post-MY2024 cars.
Also, let's not forget that adding Porsche options adds $ in the tens of thousands.

Colin
When did you place your deposit?

OK wait....I'm confused. Is the price increase not for FE's then? Or will it be like the UK and some of the chosen ones will have to cough up the extra while others get their original price honored?

OK wait....I'm confused. Is the price increase not for FE's then? Or will it be like the UK and some of the chosen ones will have to cough up the extra while others get their original price honored?

700 FEs with orders already placed: No Price Increase
600 FEs announced today without orders placed: Price Increase
All the BE & I4: Price Increase

When I placed my deposit, there was no such thing as an additional 700 FEs, so I don't technically fit into either category. It looks like 700 of those who placed deposits for the base cars will automatically be getting FEs.

OK I guess I missed the latest update then somehow. I didn't know anything about the additional 600 FE's.
I've always assumed an increase for the base edition cars. Just seemed obvious.

OK I guess I missed the latest update then somehow. I didn't know anything about the additional 600 FE's.
I've always assumed an increase for the base edition cars. Just seemed obvious.
My god it's like you don't roam this forum 24 hours a day in hopes of Emira news or something... :ROFLMAO:

Here you go!

My god it's like you don't roam this forum 24 hours a day in hopes of Emira news or something... :ROFLMAO:

Here you go!
Hahahaha! Oh I stay pretty well updated but I did somehow miss this update. I knew one was coming though!
Thanks for the link!

for sure it does... base cayman with a 4cyl - take the Emira and sell the Porsche.... GT4/911 - don't take the Emira.
It's a Cayman S with £17.7k of options, rather a nice spec. and given the Emira price rise it's OTR cost is about £11k cheaper.

It's a Cayman S with £17.7k of options, rather a nice spec. and given the Emira price rise it's OTR cost is about £11k cheaper.
Tough choice. My modest and personal opinion, If you can trade/sell the Cayman S with little to no loss, I would still take the Emira, even with an 11K delta. Nothing against the Cayman's Turbo 4's but I just think the Emira is 11K more special. Either way, compared to other people's problems could be worse! :)

I deposited in Oct 21 and will still get hit with price increase. Not exactly what I'd call a late deposit.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back