I'm out - the cancellations thread

That was almost 20 years ago. I'm a director in an international org unrelated to the auto industry.

Why? Looking to shoot the messenger? 🤨
No just looking for balance. Your reaction to my post was a bit over the top. There are problems with the car which have been well documented.

What, are you just trolling now?

You're the one that was way over the top, and I'm not the only one who has said so in this thread. I pointed it out in a pretty reasonable way, and you got butthurt about it. That's on you, not on me.

Go find something else to do with your time. You've made it clear you aren't buying an Emira and you think it's trash, so go.

Nothing about court. Your are talking about a complaint about a windshield wiper. Porter is spot on with his response to your nonsense post.👎
It’s a bit more than a windscreen wiper, having problems with the wipers on a car capable of 180mph is ok till it starts raining

It’s a bit more than a windscreen wiper, having problems with the wipers on a car capable of 180mph is ok till it starts raining
:ROFLMAO: Hopefully you are not driving 180MPH in the rain or a public road.

The fella in question can, and legally, that is what makes it so serious
I have read different reports. Some say they do not change speed and some say they do. I do not have my car yet do you? If you do have your car are you having issues?

I have read different reports. Some say they do not change speed and some say they do. I do not have my car yet do you? If you do have your car are you having issues?
I won’t be buying my Emira, too many red flags and untruths make it impossible for me to have any faith in the brand. The Windle video farce was the last straw for me, a shame really as I was a lifelong fanboy.
I bought an old Lotus recently and have already bonded with it warts and all.
I hope everyone here has a great Emira experience, but, by god am I glad to walk away.
PS I can’t stand the new badge

A link to some of the other issues
You see this is the problem, there's hundreds of cars out there and you're only ever going to here about the ones with issues.

I've not had my car long but whilst its been great a lot of the time this forum has been toxic with people getting stirred into a frenzy over non issues. All the things people where panicking about are tbh non issues.

Things you mention like interior quality the materials and construction on my car is great, the paint finish first rate. All in the ballpark of any of the porsches I've owned.

I had a handbrake warning light on mine and Lotus (Scott walker) and my dealerships responses couldn't have been better, had emails and phone calls from both within minutes of reporting it and its now sorted.

Will it prove reliable long term? Unknown.

But for the record 2 friends have bought new porsches in the last 6mths, gt4 and 992S, both cars have had issues, significant in the gt4s case. I myself have rejected a new porsche after 3 months due to huge issue.

Personal choice but when I did the factory tour I loved the mix of robot and hand built (that's then checked by computers and robots)

There is someone in the wiper thread saying they have no issue with their wipers.
Right but they aren't questioning whether an issue exists! They're simply saying that they personally aren't affected. Which might be true based on some production date difference or some other factor.

In the UK the price increase applies to people who placed deposits after 15 July 2021, just over a week after the reveal. Unless you’re an i4 or Base and then deposit date doesn’t matter and they’re all increased.
I’m a 14/7/21 deposit and have the price rise. Build month June 23 and I’m an Auto.

My journey was exactly the same - drawn in by the headline £60k but fell in love with the design so swallowed the higher £76k FE price and paid the two deposits. Drove it on track and had a factory tour which created a few concerns over quality and finish as the cars were frequently over heating and the quality and finish of the interior trim was poor. I also noted just one robot on the production line so the cars were being hand built by newly trained inexperienced workers. They were actively recruiting new staff for a second night shift to meet the demand so again quality control would have to be good to pick the mistakes of this whole new team. Alarm bells started ringing when early customers took delivery and reported a whole range of problems which have been documented on this forum. I then cancelled only to receive an email a week later advising that the price was going up £5,000. This confirmed that I had made the right decision as I suspect the cars are going to continue to have faults as many of the parts are from China and the assembly line is not fit for purpose. The culture of HQ is that they don’t care about customers so if you have a problem you are on your own. An example is the owner in Germany currently taking Lotus to court as his windscreen wipers are still not working two months after delivery.
I’m in in in and struggling if this is fact or fiction

Sadly I'm out for now. The price rise impact (and OTR costs) took it within a couple of Ks of the C8 I put on order when I got hacked off with the delays in summer last year (irony being I put the Emira deposit on after finding out what the wait on the C8 was). An opportune build slot cancellation (pre April price rise) came my way a few days ago which kinda made it a no-brainer since I can't afford both at the same time (nor have garage space). I know I'm giving up a manual and flowing curves (rather than an origami Ferrari) but I'll likely be back in a few years and in the meantime I'll still have an N/A V8 to play with

My car is far from perfect BUT as an overall package it continues to delight me.
I can put up with little things - against the overall joy of motoring, the little things matter not one jot if they do not dampen the driving spirit and experience.

quick question.....It's been 5 days since I messaged my sales associate regarding my deposit refund but I have not yet received a response. I'm thinking of contacting Tammy McKenzie for her assistance. Can anyone in the US share with me their experience when trying to secure their deposit refund? Given the past difficulties with comms, I am a little bit skeptical about follow through.

Thanks.
Mike

quick question.....It's been 5 days since I messaged my sales associate regarding my deposit refund but I have not yet received a response. I'm thinking of contacting Tammy McKenzie for her assistance. Can anyone in the US share with me their experience when trying to secure their deposit refund? Given the past difficulties with comms, I am a little bit skeptical about follow through.

Thanks.
Mike
Be certain SA is still employed there, turnover is rampant. Best to call the dealer main number. Tammi will advise same.
None of this should have been this difficult.

Thanks.
Mike
Your deposit isn't with Lotus, it's with your dealer directly.

FYI I haven't gotten any response from Ken on another matter so I'm not sure exactly what's going on. He may be out.

Or, to be a bit snarky, maybe he's been told by upper management to focus his time on car lines they actually sell, from manufacturers that do appropriate regulatory compliance and then physically ship product.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back