I'm out - the cancellations thread

quick question.....It's been 5 days since I messaged my sales associate regarding my deposit refund but I have not yet received a response. I'm thinking of contacting Tammy McKenzie for her assistance. Can anyone in the US share with me their experience when trying to secure their deposit refund? Given the past difficulties with comms, I am a little bit skeptical about follow through.

Thanks.
Mike
Ever try and just call?

Ever try and just call?
No, I haven’t done that. I guess I probably should. But honestly, so far my telephone call experience hast been great. It’s felt like a way for Lotus to be non-commit Al or to say what people think I want to hear without a written record. I guess I’ve grown accustomed to preferring a paper trail. Trust is a two way street and the evidence that lotus or it’s representatives have been trust worthy, from my chair, is pretty limited. I will try to call. Thanks.

No, I haven’t done that. I guess I probably should. But honestly, so far my telephone call experience hast been great. It’s felt like a way for Lotus to be non-commit Al or to say what people think I want to hear without a written record. I guess I’ve grown accustomed to preferring a paper trail. Trust is a two way street and the evidence that lotus or its representatives have been trust worthy, from my chair, is pretty limited. I will try to call. Thanks.
We’re talking about the dealership right? The salesrep has about as much to do with Lotus as my hamburger.

Love it! I’ve formally cancelled today, I’d made my mind up a little while ago but I’m looking at getting into a McLaren as well for the interim at least.

Hopefully look back at the Emira in a year or so when/if there’s a GT or a cup version in the future!
Sorry to link back to a post a little while ago. But just bought this, and I’m over the moon!
73C00D57-DC03-4C41-A757-BF153DA4F89D.jpeg

Attachments

• 0F58E581-9C55-42B2-A796-69481CE0E0B0.jpeg
    0F58E581-9C55-42B2-A796-69481CE0E0B0.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 43
So last year at this time I purchased my 2006 911 2S Convertible. 1,800 miles and a million smiles later and it is time to officially pull the plug on the Emira deposit. I was waiting around for an i4 anyway and would much rather put that money back into the Porsche that I've fallen in love with instead of letting it gain interest in the pockets of Lotus.

I've been married for quite some time now but I always knew to walk away from a relationship if she spends more time apologizing than anything else. And as of the last year I've seen nothing but apologies from Lotus so ADIOS EMIRA!

Maybe I save up for a true British supercar like Wake did!

I'm sad to say that I'm out too and will be cancelling my price protected order this week, which I hope means someone else will be brought forward in the queue and be saved from the price hike.

My heart has been 'out' for some time now but the looks of the Emira have kept me hanging on by a thread.

The Lotus experience has been a rollercoaster for sure and I can honestly say that there hasn't been a day since I joined this forum that I haven't been online.

Like many others, 'The Devil makes time for idle hands' and with all of the missed promises I went tentatively looking at alternatives.

Having subsequently driven the various different Alpine A110 models, my gaze was taken from the Emira and I was lucky enough to secure a slot for an Alpine 'A110 R' back in December, which should be delivered in the next 4-6 weeks.

It's a different proposition to the Emira and ironically a far more old school Lotus ethos of 'add lightness'

In hindsight and having come on this journey I have realised that actually the Emira is not right for me anyway.. It's too GT and not raw enough for my driving requirements but it will always be the winner of the beauty contest.

Alpine have also been great. They invited me to the launch of the Alpine F1 car in London and I've also been invited to an F1 driver test day next month at Silverstone, all at no cost....

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1683.jpeg
    IMG_1683.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1571.jpeg
    IMG_1571.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 140
In hindsight and having come on this journey I have realised that actually the Emira is not right for me anyway.. It's too GT and not raw enough for my driving requirements but it will always be the winner of the beauty contest.
A very valid reason for not getting an Emira over something lighter.
Enjoy!

So it's three weeks since I cancelled my order and asked for the return of my deposits. Absolutely nothing from Lotus aside from an automatic e-mail reminding me complete my configuration. If I needed any confirmation that I'd made the right decision I have it right there.

They just don't give a frig it seems.

So it's three weeks since I cancelled my order and asked for the return of my deposits. Absolutely nothing from Lotus aside from an automatic e-mail reminding me complete my configuration. If I needed any confirmation that I'd made the right decision I have it right there.

I was under the impression that our deposits went to the dealership. Or maybe that's just in the US?

It's a different approach in the UK - cars are sold centrally by Lotus UK and the dealers act as delivery and servicing agents. So deposits/refunds are with Lotus UK. This direct sales model was introduced by Lotus for the Emira and is rare amongst other marques selling in the UK.

It's a different approach in the UK - cars are sold centrally by Lotus UK and the dealers act as delivery and servicing agents. So deposits/refunds are with Lotus UK. This direct sales model was introduced by Lotus for the Emira and is rare amongst other marques selling in the UK.
Thanks, Tom. I have dealt with the dealership only, here in the US.

I'm sad to say that I'm out too and will be cancelling my price protected order this week, which I hope means someone else will be brought forward in the queue and be saved from the price hike.

My heart has been 'out' for some time now but the looks of the Emira have kept me hanging on by a thread.

The Lotus experience has been a rollercoaster for sure and I can honestly say that there hasn't been a day since I joined this forum that I haven't been online.

Like many others, 'The Devil makes time for idle hands' and with all of the missed promises I went tentatively looking at alternatives.

Having subsequently driven the various different Alpine A110 models, my gaze was taken from the Emira and I was lucky enough to secure a slot for an Alpine 'A110 R' back in December, which should be delivered in the next 4-6 weeks.

It's a different proposition to the Emira and ironically a far more old school Lotus ethos of 'add lightness'

Alpine have also been great. They invited me to the launch of the Alpine F1 car in London and I've also been invited to an F1 driver test day next month at Silverstone, all at no cost....

I really like this car. If it was sold in the USA I would give it a hard look. Congratulations!

It took 3 weeks and lots of chasing to get mine back.

If the Emira would only have seats like those!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back