I'm out - the cancellations thread

I'm like 100 in the Boardwalk V6 list. Let's say 10pct cancellations so 90 by now. I'm estimating late 2024 or early 2025. Hopefully by then we will know about more hardcore versions.
@Cachaco131 just curious as to when you got on their waitlist. I too am hoping there will be a good number of cancellations so that ours come earlier, which for me would ideally be Dec. ‘24 when my current BMW lease ends.

One of our forum members applied for the Head of CS job but was beaten to it by the current role holder.
So it's safe to say the discourse on this Forum is indeed tracked, if not necessarily acted upon?

I know plenty of Lotus people are on here as members and others visit as guests. That’s across different teams and levels of seniority. It includes Customer Care and PR.

I’m not sure how formally it’s tracked, although we’ve been contacted by Lotus a few times about specific topics.

I don’t think much of what’s posted on here influences what Lotus does.

@Cachaco131 just curious as to when you got on their waitlist. I too am hoping there will be a good number of cancellations so that ours come earlier, which for me would ideally be Dec. ‘24 when my current BMW lease ends.
Late Feb 22...

I know plenty of Lotus people are on here as members and others visit as guests. That’s across different teams and levels of seniority. It includes Customer Care and PR.

I’m not sure how formally it’s tracked, although we’ve been contacted by Lotus a few times about specific topics.

It’s social media like anything else. It’s publicly available to all. I don’t think Coca Cola would change their formula because of a forum. Lotus is more likely measuring share of voice, user sentiment, brand impression etc across a dozen different outlets.

I was told I am ~60 on the list for i4's at Galpin, having placed an order in early December 22. I am hoping that because it seems to be a decently sized dealer, the wait list will clear faster than some of the other options around SoCal. That being said, they haven't given me any timing estimates. Am hoping for Q1 2025.
Did Galpin indicate they would sell you the i4 at MSRP? I had heard that some of those on the wait list for the V6 FE were told there would be a dealer markup of ~ $20K.

Christ, i best slow down my criticism else my car will only have 3 wheels! lol

Did Galpin indicate they would sell you the i4 at MSRP? I had heard that some of those on the wait list for the V6 FE were told there would be a dealer markup of ~ $20K.

Yes, Galpin confirmed that there would be no ADM on the i4, though they of course said they could not yet confirm the MSRP.

Close to Getting off the Emira wait list, as I have an option at a 296GTB with late summer/early Fall 2023 delivery - about 15+ months ahead of an Emira at the rate Lotus is going. Yes, significant cost difference is there, yet what the hey, what else will I spend my $$ on? Dealer location is the same as Lotus with North Atlanta or Charlotte.........

296GTB.jpg

Close to Getting off the Emira wait list, as I have an option at a 296GTB with late summer/early Fall 2023 delivery - about 15+ months ahead of an Emira at the rate Lotus is going. Yes, significant cost difference is there, yet what the hey, what else will I spend my $$ on? Dealer location is the same as Lotus with North Atlanta or Charlotte.........

View attachment 24518
Yeah 3 emira’s. Did you have to pay ADM? I thought I always heard normal people could not buy Ferrari? Have you bought one in the past or are you a movie star?

Just emailed Gator to cancel my order.

I’m not really surprised with the production delays and the few little problems some folks have had, after all, it’s a new low-volume car built in a new factory with new suppliers and new employees.

Obviously, Lotus could have handled the communication better, but I’m really not sure that would have made people any happier.

For me it really came down to running out of excitement for the car- it’s been 18 months since I ordered it, and since I didn’t make the FE list, I’m sure it would be another year’s wait at the minimum.

I may just keep my mint 2005 NSX, although since I only drove it 80 miles last year I probably don’t really need an exotic-type car at all these days lol.

Last edited:
Yeah 3 emira’s. Did you have to pay ADM? I thought I always heard normal people could not buy Ferrari? Have you bought one in the past or are you a movie star?

I'm nothing special, just an newly retired engineer that did not have any kids and invested the extra funds wisely over the years.... And you are correct regarding the cost differential. That is most of my hold-up. In my estimation the Lotus and Ferrari have many similar issues regarding Dealer location, and some reliability issues?. The Lotus may have an advantage in the cost to operate & maintain, yet when you are buying and operation these cars you really should not be caring about the cost those things? I have a few days to decide on the Ferrari, then the allocation goes elsewhere.....

I'm nothing special, just an newly retired engineer that did not have any kids and invested the extra funds wisely over the years.... And you are correct regarding the cost differential. That is most of my hold-up. In my estimation the Lotus and Ferrari have many similar issues regarding Dealer location, and some reliability issues?. The Lotus may have an advantage in the cost to operate & maintain, yet when you are buying and operation these cars you really should not be caring about the cost those things? I have a few days to decide on the Ferrari, then the allocation goes elsewhere.....
I don't think he's asking how you can afford it, he's asking how you can buy it without ADM, etc. I was under similar impression, that Ferrari only sells their "hot sports cars" to their exclusive clientele. Is the 296GTB not selling well?

I'm also curious why the GTB? besides the badge. I mean, does it do something you like?

Ferrari tends to like to sell the higher range to legacy buyers, yes. Any fool with $$ can buy an entry level of course, and Ferrari has a 1st right to buy back when you’re ready to trade up.

Just emailed Gator to cancel my order.

I’m not really surprised with the production delays and the few little problems some folks have had, after all, it’s a new low-volume car built in a new factory with new suppliers and new employees.

Obviously, Lotus could have handled the communication better, but I’m really not sure that would have made people any happier.

For me it really came down to running out of excitement for the car- it’s been 18 months since I ordered it, and since I didn’t make the FE list, I’m sure it would be another year’s wait at the minimum.

I may just keep my mint 2005 NSX, although since I only drove it 80 miles last year I probably don’t really need an exotic-type car at all these days lol.
Are there Turo rentals in your neck of the woods? I've rented many sportscars through them.

I'm out as of a couple of weeks ago, on the waitlist in Dallas for a year (no. 81 on their list), The dealership is great, and always answers all questions along the way, but the extra $12k PLUS estimated delivery mid to end 2024 was just too much to stay excited. Sold my Porsche 981 and should be in my fully loaded BMW Z4 M40i within the next 3 months. Surely not the same as the Eimra, in fact totally different car, but will do for the next couple of years before looking at something else.

Just not sure my custom License plate "L*EMIRA" will fit the BMW, will probably fit it to our Tesla instead :ROFLMAO:

Lotus aren't measuring anything on here. Over on TikTok on the other hand... :)
It's crazy, isn't it?

Loads of time and effort producing bizarre TikTok content for children but pretty much zero effort expended on paying customers.

I got my finish line email early last month, filled in the finance thing to get a quote - I don't particularly want finance but thought I'd get a quote all the same - and it said someone would be in contact but, needless to say, nothing has been forthcoming.

That's the last straw for me in the whole series of shoddy customer service and lack of contact. For me it all says a lot about the sort of service we can expect in future when the car inevitably has issues. You just can't treat customers willing to spend £80k+ on your products as poorly as they do.

So that's that and I'm out.

Last edited:
I'm out as of a couple of weeks ago, on the waitlist in Dallas for a year (no. 81 on their list), The dealership is great, and always answers all questions along the way, but the extra $12k PLUS estimated delivery mid to end 2024 was just too much to stay excited. Sold my Porsche 981 and should be in my fully loaded BMW Z4 M40i within the next 3 months. Surely not the same as the Eimra, in fact totally different car, but will do for the next couple of years before looking at something else.

Just not sure my custom License plate "L*EMIRA" will fit the BMW, will probably fit it to our Tesla instead :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like I just moved up the queue at EarthMotorsports 🙌

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back