I'm out - the cancellations thread

I think I'm right that Emira warranty is three years then you're on your own.

Correct. The bumper-to-bumper is 3 years, then you usually have the option to extend. For comparison, McLaren just upped theirs to 5 years/45k with options to extend.

The issue with Lotus (and many other smaller manufacturers now) is extended down times for warranty claims. If it's something major, you could be watching your warranty dissapeaer while your new Lotus sits in the shop unable to get parts or while Lotus takes their time figuring out how to deny your claim.

Warranty is 3-4 years depending on region. Maintenance is 7-years (reference). You failed to mention how much these warranty extensions cost: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/t...y-options-and-pricing-as-of-8-18-2022.663929/

There's no free lunch and when Ferrari offers you a free dinner, you better believe you've already paid for it ten-fold.
Well I will find out soon, as I need to make the decision on extending the warranty again in around a month's time.

I wasn't claiming a free lunch, just relaying my experience. The Ferrari warranty will be expensive, yes (some of those options include the annual service, and there are discounts mentioned at the bottom of that page). But assuming that retains me a sorted car and peace of mind, compared to £4,000 into the Elise in two years (that I know about.... it hasn't had a second service yet), for a car that still has a catalogue of issues...

And hope the Ferrari doesn't go like this 😂😂😂

Not sure why comparisons with a 14 year old Elise vs Emira are relevant or with a Ferrari. Good luck with it, lovely cars but the service costs and repair bills can be eye watering. In 3 months I’ll have my beauty and will share the adventures and fun. Snowdon, Le Mans, Monaco and Salamanca awaits. 😎

I know plenty of Lotus people are on here as members and others visit as guests. That’s across different teams and levels of seniority. It includes Customer Care and PR.

I’m not sure how formally it’s tracked, although we’ve been contacted by Lotus a few times about specific topics.

I don’t think much of what’s posted on here influences what Lotus does.
This is very true, and certainly in my experience, after having communicated with Lotus CC on many an occasion.

I have now cancelled my order, and an excerpt from my email to Lotus CC, pasted below, will explain why:

"Just to be clear I am cancelling my order since I have been frustrated with Lotus’ approach as to how the order process has been handled, certainly with regards to my order, first from being pushed out to Q1 2024, when I had an initial delivery window of Spring 2023. This was followed by the price increase, then a sudden jump forward 8 months to June 2023, but yet being asked to pay the increased price, and then, finally, being told that if I did not take up delivery in 2023, that there was no guarantee when in 2024 I will have the car delivered! So, in short, it was Lotus’ actions that has led me to cancel my order…"

Those of you who have had their cars delivered, I am sure are enjoying them. It is a great car, and one which I was looking forward to driving, but, for now, it is hot going to be. I may return at a later date, and when I do, it will most likely be the Base Edition, with the right options.

FYI, not sure what you mean by accepted in Dec '22 because the only real orders (not deposits) that have happened in the US were placed against actual allocations (occurred over four mounths Mar-Jun '22). Perhaps your dealer wasn't giving you all the info because placing a deposit in Aug is still just a deposit for BE or FEi4 as no other orders have occurred yet. Probably best you pulled the plug as depending on what you wanted, you are looking at 2024 for a delivery. My deposit was Jun or Jul '21 with actual order in Mar '22 and delivery now sometime end of '23 = ~30mo. Only my Z06 deposit to delivery will be longer as it's already been 29mo and I missed the cut so it's going to be at least another 7-12mo for that one.

Good luck on whatever you pursue next, I've waited this long so can't afford to pull the plug now :)
The dealer was awarded an allocation and the factory accepted my order in Dec 22 for a Jan build and March delivery. However with all the delays and horrible communication from Lotus I decided to cancel and get my refund back. Lotus and the dealer honored my request.

Totally feel you. I sooooo wanted an Evora. I specd a Porsche GT4 and I bought in to the Emira when I thought I would already have it. Now I’m here, and ugggggg

After 10 Years this one is gone...
981.jpg

This one is at the harbor in Germany after customer order in March...
Screenshot 2023-03-13 174410.png

And put my name on the list for this as a Cayman in 2025...life is too short to have regrets and time to wait forever (still love the Emira and surely will be getting one eventually)
Screenshot 2023-04-25 110044.png

After 10 Years this one is gone...
View attachment 25727

This one is at the harbor in Germany after customer order in March...
View attachment 25728

And put my name on the list for this as a Cayman in 2025...life is too short to have regrets and time to wait forever (still love the Emira and surely will be getting one eventually)
View attachment 25729
I do not disagree. However, I placed my initial deposit in Q4 2022 and told my dealer that I needed to take deliver before June 2025. They laughed and said it would be waaaay before that. I told them it wouldn’t.

The dealer was awarded an allocation and the factory accepted my order in Dec 22 for a Jan build and March delivery. However with all the delays and horrible communication from Lotus I decided to cancel and get my refund back. Lotus and the dealer honored my request.
I cancelled my order as well. Horrible communication from Lotus.

Having put up with total abuse buy lotus as well at their attitude towards US /Canada customers as well as the way they are treating all dealerships who have spent enormous amounts of money settling up new showrooms specifically for Lotus.
I will take delivery of my car but will flip it. Up till now I never ever considered this. have never flipped any new vehicle I have bought in the past BUT in this case I most likely will. Probably will also be selling my Evora GT
They (Lotus) have totally imo screwed.
The excuses about supply chain and all the other BS they say at this point is no longer valid.
How will they get US certification if they have not even built a car for the US market.
The only reason I will keep my cars if Lotus has the decency to let us know definitively as to when deliveries to US will start and not change this or give us some f$&@& ridiculous story as to further delays
Thanks for reading. Those who want to get on my case feel free to do so

Having put up with total abuse buy lotus as well at their attitude towards US /Canada customers as well as the way they are treating all dealerships who have spent enormous amounts of money settling up new showrooms specifically for Lotus.
I will take delivery of my car but will flip it. Up till now I never ever considered this. have never flipped any new vehicle I have bought in the past BUT in this case I most likely will. Probably will also be selling my Evora GT
The excuses about supply chain and all the other BS they say at this point is no longer valid.
How will they get US certification if they have not even built a car for the US market.
The only reason I will keep my cars if Lotus has the decency to let us know definitively as to when deliveries to US will start and not change this or give us some f$&@& ridiculous story as to further delays
Are they not shipping them over the next few months and storing them in a US port for release in December? I'm sure that was the chatter on this forum, concerns over paintwork at a port.

Or is this an i4 issue? Spoke to customer services yesterday about my V6 order, and he said he had to be careful on what he said about the i4, for some reason. I assume they are going to delay it again, packaging issues for heat, but I have zero proof of that, just a feeling.

I don't think anyone definitely knows so we're all speculating.

It makes most sense to produce and deliver cars with minimal storage time as car storage costs money. So I would expect the prudent approach is to accelerate build of vehicles for other regions (including the UK) and then batch up US car builds close to the US homologation date.

I don't think anyone definitely knows so we're all speculating.

It makes most sense to produce and deliver cars with minimal storage time as car storage costs money. So I would expect the prudent approach is to accelerate build of vehicles for other regions (including the UK) and then batch up US car builds close to the US homologation date.
For sure. But we have seen cars with the orange headlight strips floating around, which I believe are US cars? And Lotus US stated they are being released in December. If I was a US customer I would feel certain that id get my car at the end of the year. The i4 however... i'd expect a delay.

There was a batch of "invitation to configure" emails sent to early UK i4 depositors yesterday (admittedly some of us first did this in April 2022) but details have been loaded into individual "My Lotus" portals for (re)confirmation and lock in by Monday 8th May 2023. The indication is that this step takes place 3 months before build date - once done the portal says "order submitted to production". New colours not showing yet though.....

I had the Email yesterday to go ahead and reconfigure the I4 FE and lock in my order. After the Kick in the teeth price increase, I decided I couldn't justify paying the new price of £82K. I considered cancelling straight away but took my time to decide.
I'm now at the point of either cancelling or moving my deposit to the base I4 which I originally planned on having until we could only order the FE if you wanted it sooner.
I'm currently waiting in the CC Chat do discuss my options, it doesn't help when we still don't know the base price and when they will become available.🤷‍♂️ it's not a good feeling and the excitement has truly been sucked out of me.:cry:
I've been waiting 25 minutes to connect on Chat when it said it would take 7 mins😃, good old Lotus.
I must be a sucker still contemplating buying one at this stage

Edit:
The Chat wait was automatically ended after approx 30 min. and I have to restart with an estimated wait of 8min.
I only tried using the chat when reading it was the most effective form of communication nowadays. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
What colour is the Evora? Asking for a friend.

I had the Email yesterday to go ahead and reconfigure the I4 FE and lock in my order. After the Kick in the teeth price increase, I decided I couldn't justify paying the new price of £82K. I considered cancelling straight away but took my time to decide.
I'm now at the point of either cancelling or moving my deposit to the base I4 which I originally planned on having until we could only order the FE if you wanted it sooner.
I'm currently waiting in the CC Chat do discuss my options, it doesn't help when we still don't know the base price and when they will become available.🤷‍♂️ it's not a good feeling and the excitement has truly been sucked out of me.:cry:
I've been waiting 25 minutes to connect on Chat when it said it would take 7 mins😃, good old Lotus.
I must be a sucker still contemplating buying one at this stage

Edit:
The Chat wait was automatically ended after approx 30 min. and I have to restart with an estimated wait of 8min.
I only tried using the chat when reading it was the most effective form of communication nowadays. 🤷‍♂️
Isnt the i4 FE 77,795+OTR costs (80,515), rather than 82k? I am with you on the base - I am thinking it will 67,795+OTR costs (70,515) and I cant see me choosing 10k worth of options. The problem with that is (Lotus CC said) I would be moved to the i4 BASE queue (more delays past the 2024 q2/q3 provisional date I have now). Maybe taking the i4 FE will end up cheaper if it saves a price rise in 2024. Lots of maybe's in this purchase!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back