I'm out - the cancellations thread

Wouldn’t that create inventory on hand while others were still waiting? The cat would be out of the bag at that point.
Possibly, but I've heard that other dealerships are planning to add ADM to cancelled cars based on their expectation that there will be sufficient "I want it now" demand to justify it.

Sounds like I just moved up the queue at EarthMotorsports 🙌
You probably did, and kudos for sticking it out. I'm sure I will revisit the Emira again in a couple of years, just had enough of waiting around, life is too short and my Porsche was getting tired and needed replacement soon. (y)

Or EarthMotorsports just gained another car to sell with ADM :(
As I understand it, an order hasn't been placed so there is nothing to attach ADM to. Also that's not their practice given their reaction to a similar wayward remark made previously. OP said they have been great to deal with. Also Lotus HQ is pretty impressed with them and holds them in high regard, to the point of participating in their Grand Opening event and making extra test drives possible. You should be so lucky.

You probably did, and kudos for sticking it out. I'm sure I will revisit the Emira again in a couple of years, just had enough of waiting around, life is too short and my Porsche was getting tired and needed replacement soon. (y)
Totally feel you. I sooooo wanted an Evora. I specd a Porsche GT4 and I bought in to the Emira when I thought I would already have it. Now I’m here, and ugggggg

I’m glad I cancelled my order two months ago. The order was placed in August 2022 and accepted in Dec 2022 with a delivery of March. Then dealer said pushed out to maybe April sometime. I lost all faith in Lotus and I’m happy I cancelled and my $2,500 back. Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

I’m glad I cancelled my order two months ago. The order was placed in August 2022 and accepted in Dec 2022 with a delivery of March. Then dealer said pushed out to maybe April sometime. I lost all faith in Lotus and I’m happy I cancelled and my $2,500 back. Good luck to all those who are still waiting.
FYI, not sure what you mean by accepted in Dec '22 because the only real orders (not deposits) that have happened in the US were placed against actual allocations (occurred over four mounths Mar-Jun '22). Perhaps your dealer wasn't giving you all the info because placing a deposit in Aug is still just a deposit for BE or FEi4 as no other orders have occurred yet. Probably best you pulled the plug as depending on what you wanted, you are looking at 2024 for a delivery. My deposit was Jun or Jul '21 with actual order in Mar '22 and delivery now sometime end of '23 = ~30mo. Only my Z06 deposit to delivery will be longer as it's already been 29mo and I missed the cut so it's going to be at least another 7-12mo for that one.

Good luck on whatever you pursue next, I've waited this long so can't afford to pull the plug now :)

I don't think he's asking how you can afford it, he's asking how you can buy it without ADM, etc. I was under similar impression, that Ferrari only sells their "hot sports cars" to their exclusive clientele. Is the 296GTB not selling well?

I'm also curious why the GTB? besides the badge. I mean, does it do something you like?
My apologizes for the miss-understanding and Thanks for the clairification.

So I've decided to pass on the Ferrari. It became a little complicated as the allocation belonged to a close friend of the family that has been trying to get me into a Ferrari for many years. He is a multi-Ferrari owner and I have always been a multi-Porsche owner. Our friend would have been the purchaser and owner for a "while" even though I would have possession.

We could have made it all work, yet I was also not 100% comfortable dropping $360K for the car, as I'm used to cars in the $100K - $180K range (i.e. Porsche).

Add the possibility of the Emira in 18 months for ~$115K and the wait seemed like the better choice. So, I'm still "IN" for the time being, and I'll just see what happens...
✌️

My apologizes for the miss-understanding and Thanks for the clairification.

So I've decided to pass on the Ferrari. It became a little complicated as the allocation belonged to a close friend of the family that has been trying to get me into a Ferrari for many years. He is a multi-Ferrari owner and I have always been a multi-Porsche owner. Our friend would have been the purchaser and owner for a "while" even though I would have possession.

We could have made it all work, yet I was also not 100% comfortable dropping $360K for the car, as I'm used to cars in the $100K - $180K range (i.e. Porsche).

Add the possibility of the Emira in 18 months for ~$115K and the wait seemed like the better choice. So, I'm still "IN" for the time being, and I'll just see what happens...
✌️

Ahh... that makes a lot more sense. If it helps any, I'm in a similar boat (and have other friends in that boat), where we are able to afford the higher-end supercars, but the Emira looks every bit of those supercars, while being a lot more practical.

I was browsing around on the older Lotus forum looking for something about USA deliveries to port storage when I saw this very relevant and telling post from about 20 years ago. Those new to Lotus May find this useful. Those that know Lotus will find it funny as all hell:

531C71B0-C28E-4388-8627-8996CE3EF64B.jpeg

In my estimation the Lotus and Ferrari have many similar issues regarding Dealer location, and some reliability issues?. The Lotus may have an advantage in the cost to operate & maintain, yet when you are buying and operation these cars you really should not be caring about the cost those things?
A cautionary tale. I was driving my Elise SC to its MOT this morning and discovered the wipers didn't work. Checked the fuse and relay, the problem is the wiper motor. As it's a clam-off job it's going to cost £800 at an independent. I will have spent nearly £4000 in maintenance/repairs over two years and 3,000 miles on that Elise... that only includes one service and there is still a catalogue of issues (no aircon etc.).

I put 10k miles on my Ferrari 488 in that time, including two track days and a road trip to Belgium. It's been rock solid, not a single issue. Since it's less than seven years old routine servicing is still completely free. Total costs over two years, £700 for a pair of rear tyres, £102 for two MOTs at the Ferrari dealer.

I'm seriously weighing up whether that Elise is worth it for the track fun.

A cautionary tale. I was driving my Elise SC to its MOT this morning and discovered the wipers didn't work. Checked the fuse and relay, the problem is the wiper motor. As it's a clam-off job it's going to cost £800 at an independent. I will have spent nearly £4000 in maintenance/repairs over two years and 3,000 miles on that Elise... that only includes one service and there is still a catalogue of issues (no aircon etc.).

I put 10k miles on my Ferrari 488 in that time, including two track days and a road trip to Belgium. It's been rock solid, not a single issue. Since it's less than seven years old routine servicing is still completely free. Total costs over two years, £700 for a pair of rear tyres, £102 for two MOTs at the Ferrari dealer.

Just wait for it! When the Ferrari breaks down you will get a good solid kick in the nads. It will make the Lotus repairs seem like a drop in the bucket. Granted this is not based on personal experience. I have just read about some of the nightmares. Best of luck!

How old is your Elise?

Just wait for it! When the Ferrari breaks down you will get a good solid kick in the nads. It will make the Lotus repairs seem like a drop in the bucket. Granted this is not based on personal experience. I have just read about some of the nightmares. Best of luck!
Ferrari now enable the full factory-backed all-inclusive warranty to be extended up to 7 years, with another manufacturer-backed option up to 15 years. There are modern V8 Ferraris out there with 250k miles on the clock, with no serious issues as long as they are well maintained.

I think I'm right that Emira warranty is three years then you're on your own.

Ferrari now enable the full factory-backed all-inclusive warranty to be extended up to 7 years, with another manufacturer-backed option up to 15 years. There are modern V8 Ferraris out there with 250k miles on the clock, with no serious issues as long as they are well maintained.

Warranty is 3-4 years depending on region. Maintenance is 7-years (reference). You failed to mention how much these warranty extensions cost: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/t...y-options-and-pricing-as-of-8-18-2022.663929/

There's no free lunch and when Ferrari offers you a free dinner, you better believe you've already paid for it ten-fold.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is the value of any Ferrari drops drastically with miles. Ferrari buyers are well known to stay away from any higher mileage vehicles. This is not a fact but what I have read that on Ferrari forums.

Last edited:

Emira warranty is extendable with Lotus (at least in the UK), provided it has been serviced per the recommended schedules by a Lotus dealer.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back