• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Instant weight loss and no strict diet with Tillett Seats!

A small update on removing the warning light. I had the car reset after using an advised resistor. That didn't work. I have just installed GRP Greg's plugs he has developed for the task. I cannot say if these work yet as because my airbag light was already up. Just disconnecting the battery before you plug them in does not work, it needs to go back to the dealer again. They are a long trip for me so I need to organise this.
Keep us up to date, once this becomes a seamless replacement of the stock seats this will be a must have upgrade!

I’ve got the OEM tan leather seats, and I’m interested in seeing how these seats could match with some factory-spec tan leather. Any pictures around?

I’ve got the OEM tan leather seats, and I’m interested in seeing how these seats could match with some factory-spec tan leather. Any pictures around?
I don't have a picture yet but we have permission to get the tan leather and it is the one colour that is still available from Bridge of Weir.

Just my 2 cents. My wife and I just returned from a 2 week roadtrip (Chicago to Monterrey car week).
A few 10 hour days in the stock seats.
Zero complaints, no discomfort and very supportive in the canyons.
We did the same trip last year a Turbo S. The Emira and its stock seats exceeded all expectations.

Just my 2 cents. My wife and I just returned from a 2 week roadtrip (Chicago to Monterrey car week).
We did the same trip last year a Turbo S. The Emira and its stock seats exceeded all expectations.
I have to agree they are not as bad as I thought they would be after reading the early owner comments. At some point I will replace for light ones but will mount the originals to a frame for seating in my man cave.

I'm jealous of both of you. I've owned about 15 cars in my lifetime and the Emira is my first car to make my back hurt on a long drive.

Agree and, in my opinion, they look much nicer than any after market replacement out there.

I will say.. the stock seats hurt my back after more than 90 minutes driving around, but more importantly for me.. I HATE the fact that I cannot see properly out the back of the car and I can't see very high out the passenger side window either, I have to lean over and glance (not ideal).. Also looking out the windshield is not ideal with the stock seats in the lowest position either. The height of the seats is my biggest gripe.

I would love to sit in them before a purchase though.. that's my problem.

I think the Emira seats are easily the weakest part of the Emira. The seats I just flat and blah. I get why they did it, but if they are trying to sell a sports car, the seats should have definitely been more bolstered.

I've been a member of several other car brand forums and, if there's a commonly debated issue amongst them all, it's the issue of seating. It will always be a contentious one because opinions depend on each person's back condition and general preferences. Some prefer them softer, others harder, some prefer them more bolstered, others less, some prefer sitting higher on the frame, others lower, etc, etc, etc. Of course, other common reasons for replacing OEM seats, are tracking, and lightness/performance. In other words, there's no such thing as an OEM Goldilocks' seat that's ideal for everyone, and in every circustance, unfortunately.

I did a 10 hour stint on my trip to Salt Lake and back, and they were plenty comfortable for me. When I first got the car, I fiddled with the seat settings for about a week to get the seating comfortable. I adjusted the seat distance for my legs first to get the pedal distance, then adjusted the seat tilt (not the back tilt) so the seat wasn't pitching me forward, then adjusted the the seat back tilt so I physically felt comfortable. After all that, then I adjusted the steering wheel to get my arm length setting as well as the height so all of the dash screen was visible. The key to seat comfort for me was the round knob on the side that controls the upper and lower back supports. I needed a little more lower back support, and a little less upper.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back