• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

Thansk for letting us know. I'm going to order the same filters. When the sun is hitting the windshield or rear glass the camera recordings are pretty useless.

Not sure if this meets your expectations, but even in direct sunlight, the view behind the glare is discernible FrontView-after-directsunlight.jpgRearView-after-directsunlight.jpg.

Once you get into the shade, the reflection of the dashboard almost goes away.
FrontView-after-daytime.jpgRearView-after-daytime.jpg

And very little adverse affects to color and clarity.
FrontView-after-sunset.jpg

セールでドライビングシューズを買った♪

Long time no see you all.

CarPlay always dead even if I turn off my account… 💀
I do need another way to solve this problem. Maybe Android.

The car was delivered without any problems!

Driving impressions will be made after the break-in is over as I'm still breaking it in.
A few things that bothered me
The pedals are not straight and I cannot sit straight because of the right hand drive.
The seat is currently being adjusted to my satisfaction.
CarPlay requires a cable connection.
The initial braking at low speed is very strong, and it is difficult to control it delicately.

I have not ridden this kind of MT car for more than a year, so I felt I needed to get used to it.
----------------------------
無事納車されました!

走行インプレッションはまだ慣らし運転中なので終わってからにしたいと思います。
少し気になったこと
・右ハンドルのためか、ペダル配置的に真っすぐに座る事ができません。
・シートは現在納得できる様に調整中です。
・CarPlayはケーブル接続必須でした。
・低速時のブレーキの初期制動が強烈に強く、繊細なコントロールが難しいです。

1年以上この手のMT車に乗っていなかったので慣れが必要だと感じました。

View attachment 30825
The foot feel of the brake is good to me, and even I feel that at low speed, the foot feel is softer than that of my TOYOTA GT86 when I lightly press the brake. By the way, I really love the style and color of your license plate. LOL.

Before I got my official license plate, I took a picture with a decorative license plate on the front of my car. Can you guess whose number it was? LOL
6.jpg

Last edited:
Long time no see you all.

CarPlay always dead even if I turn off my account… 💀
I do need another way to solve this problem. Maybe Android.
How about a system reset?My iPhone & CarPlay worked for my Emira.But when I tried a device called Android AI Box, this device did not work, and also my iPhone & CarPlay became failed.I unplugged and plugged the USB cable several times, but this problem of My iPhone & CarPlay was not recoveredA system reset recovered the problem.

Before I got my official license plate, I took a picture with a decorative license plate on the front of my car. Can you guess whose number it was? LOL
1725537534232.jpeg

Reactions: ino
How about a system reset?My iPhone & CarPlay worked for my Emira.But when I tried a device called Android AI Box, this device did not work, and also my iPhone & CarPlay became failed.I unplugged and plugged the USB cable several times, but this problem of My iPhone & CarPlay was not recoveredA system reset recovered the problem.
Thank you for your information. But would you please provide some more details?
What is “system reset” meant to?

Thank you for your information. But would you please provide some more details?
What is “system reset” meant to?
Hello,
- Selecting the gear symbol (Settings) in the lower left corner of "Center Display" aka "Display Audio", "Car", "Connect", "System", and "Auto" appear in the second row from the left.
- Selecting "System" brings up "System Setting" on the screen.
- Here, I executed "Reset System Setteing" .
- Please note that this will return to the factory settings, which may affect various settings such as "language" and "datetime display" which may change. In my case, I was able to look back at the various settings, which was good, but I was a bit confused because the sound when locking the doors and the automatic lock when driving were changed.

(in Japanese)中央のディスプレイの歯車マーク(設定)を選ぶと、左から二列目にCar、Connect、System、Autoが表示されるので、Systemを選ぶと、System Settingの画面が表示されます。ここで、Reset System Setteingを実行しました。工場出荷時の設定に戻るので、言語、日時表示等、各種の設定が変わってしまう影響があるので、気をつけてください。私の場合は各種設定を振り返ることができたのでよかったのですが、ドアロック時の音とか、走行時自動ロックの設定が変わってしまい、ちょっと戸惑いました。

• Useful
Reactions: ino
Hello,
- Selecting the gear symbol (Settings) in the lower left corner of "Center Display" aka "Display Audio", "Car", "Connect", "System", and "Auto" appear in the second row from the left.
- Selecting "System" brings up "System Setting" on the screen.
- Here, I executed "Reset System Setteing" .
- Please note that this will return to the factory settings, which may affect various settings such as "language" and "datetime display" which may change. In my case, I was able to look back at the various settings, which was good, but I was a bit confused because the sound when locking the doors and the automatic lock when driving were changed.

(in Japanese)中央のディスプレイの歯車マーク(設定)を選ぶと、左から二列目にCar、Connect、System、Autoが表示されるので、Systemを選ぶと、System Settingの画面が表示されます。ここで、Reset System Setteingを実行しました。工場出荷時の設定に戻るので、言語、日時表示等、各種の設定が変わってしまう影響があるので、気をつけてください。私の場合は各種設定を振り返ることができたのでよかったのですが、ドアロック時の音とか、走行時自動ロックの設定が変わってしまい、ちょっと戸惑いました。
BTW, I have tried two different devices called Android AI box.
Both had unstable connections and only very rarely succeeded in connecting, making it difficult to find a reproducible connection.
Even when they were able to connect very rarely, there were problems with audio output. Also, after connecting, for some reason, it caused problems with CarPlay, which had been working fine until then.

Does anyone have any experience with these devices working?

Next I am going to try normal Android smartphones.
Yesterday I unearthed an old android device.
Sony Ultra Z which was from 2014 and Android 4 era was too old.
I am preparing next another device.

@pk0612
Got it! I was thinking of resetting iPhone.
I changed almost nothing, so no need to concern.
Will try next time, thank you.

BTW, I have tried two different devices called Android AI box.
Both had unstable connections and only very rarely succeeded in connecting, making it difficult to find a reproducible connection.
I am using the "A2AIR Pro" device from OTTOCAST. It offers standard Android Auto functionality only, but I am OK with not having the additional video (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) that other devices provide. There is an iOS version available as "U2AIR Pro".
私はオットキャストの "A2AIR Pro" を(ほぼ)問題なく使っています。あくまでも有線接続を無線に変えるだけなので、"AI Box" 等の製品が提供している動画視聴の機能はありません。もう車でアダルトビデオの DVD を観るような歳でもないので... なお、同社より "U2AIR Pro" という iOS 用の製品が発売されていますが、私は使ったことありません。

When using wireless connections (with aftermarket adapters in Japan), make sure your phones (both iOS and Android) prioritize connection to the adapter above other WiFi access points (your home network, free WiFi in the vicinity, your digital camera, etc.).
スマートホン側で設定が可能な場合は、無線アダプターを優先するように設定してみてください。せっかく車に接続できても、近づいた無料 WiFi に切り替えようとしてしまうのかもしれません。

I am using the "A2AIR Pro" device from OTTOCAST. It offers standard Android Auto functionality only, but I am OK with not having the additional video (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) that other devices provide. There is an iOS version available as "U2AIR Pro".
私はオットキャストの "A2AIR Pro" を(ほぼ)問題なく使っています。あくまでも有線接続を無線に変えるだけなので、"AI Box" 等の製品が提供している動画視聴の機能はありません。もう車でアダルトビデオの DVD を観るような歳でもないので... なお、同社より "U2AIR Pro" という iOS 用の製品が発売されていますが、私は使ったことありません。

When using wireless connections (with aftermarket adapters in Japan), make sure your phones (both iOS and Android) prioritize connection to the adapter above other WiFi access points (your home network, free WiFi in the vicinity, your digital camera, etc.).
スマートホン側で設定が可能な場合は、無線アダプターを優先するように設定してみてください。せっかく車に接続できても、近づいた無料 WiFi に切り替えようとしてしまうのかもしれません。
The adapter to convert wired to wireless is also interesting, and I would like to try the Ottocast U2Air Pro you mentioned when I will needed in the future.

However, I we want to try an Android device connection. Do you have a normal Android device successfully connected? Are YouTube playing and Google Maps working good?

The adapter to convert wired to wireless is also interesting, and I would like to try the Ottocast U2Air Pro you mentioned when I will needed in the future.

However, I we want to try an Android device connection. Do you have a normal Android device successfully connected? Are YouTube playing and Google Maps working good?
I have a normal Android device (unmodified Google Pixel 8a running Android 14) connected to the EMIRA via the A2Air Pro device. Youtube is not available, as it is not a part of the Android Auto application library (for obvious safety reasons). Google Maps and other Android Auto enabled applications work fine.
はい、フツーの Android スマホを U2Air Pro 経由で車に接続して Android Auto が許可しているアプリを問題なく使っています。自動車での利用を前提とした Android Auto では Youtube のような動画視聴アプリはサポートされていません。iOS の Apple Car Play も同様のポリシーだと思います。これら Android Auto / Apple Car Play の制約を回避し、自動車環境で動画視聴を可能にしようとしているのが AI Box 等の製品です。

Normal connectivity is one thing. Make sure everything works via USB cable before installing a wireless adapter. Apple Car Play crashing when using Google Maps is a separate issue. It seems to work with some cars, while not working on others (Lotus Emira, some older KIA and Hyundai models, some Nissan models, some Alpine head units also seem to have issues) and there is no fix other than to use a different map application (Apple Maps, Waze, Y! CarNavi, moviLink, etc.).
無線接続の安定性と地図アプリのフリーズは別の問題と考えた方がいいと思います。Apple Car Play と Google Maps の相性の悪さは有名な話で検索すると Reddit 等に色々出てきますが、今のところ解決策はなく iPhone ユーザーは他の地図アプリ (Apple Maps, Waze, Y! CarNavi, moviLink, etc.) を使うしかないようです。

I have a normal Android device (unmodified Google Pixel 8a running Android 14) connected to the EMIRA via the A2Air Pro device. Youtube is not available, as it is not a part of the Android Auto application library (for obvious safety reasons). Google Maps and other Android Auto enabled applications work fine.
はい、フツーの Android スマホを U2Air Pro 経由で車に接続して Android Auto が許可しているアプリを問題なく使っています。自動車での利用を前提とした Android Auto では Youtube のような動画視聴アプリはサポートされていません。iOS の Apple Car Play も同様のポリシーだと思います。これら Android Auto / Apple Car Play の制約を回避し、自動車環境で動画視聴を可能にしようとしているのが AI Box 等の製品です。

Normal connectivity is one thing. Make sure everything works via USB cable before installing a wireless adapter. Apple Car Play crashing when using Google Maps is a separate issue. It seems to work with some cars, while not working on others (Lotus Emira, some older KIA and Hyundai models, some Nissan models, some Alpine head units also seem to have issues) and there is no fix other than to use a different map application (Apple Maps, Waze, Y! CarNavi, moviLink, etc.).
無線接続の安定性と地図アプリのフリーズは別の問題と考えた方がいいと思います。Apple Car Play と Google Maps の相性の悪さは有名な話で検索すると Reddit 等に色々出てきますが、今のところ解決策はなく iPhone ユーザーは他の地図アプリ (Apple Maps, Waze, Y! CarNavi, moviLink, etc.) を使うしかないようです。
Thank you. I guess I was greatly mistaken. Android Auto with regular Android devices has to some restrictions, just like Apple CarPlay, isn't it ? I hope there is an Android AI Box that can connect to Emira.
だいぶ誤解してました。通常のAndroid端末でのAndroid AutoではCarPlay同様の制約があるのですね。うちのエミーラで動くAI Boxがあればいいのですが、いまのところ、無いみたいですね。

How much current does your OTTOCAST "OttoAibox" device need? Maybe the USB ports cannot supply enough to power the device.
お持ちの OttoAibox の消費電流が車の USB ポートが出せる限界を超えているために動作不安定になっていたりして?

1725635529331.png

Also, don't plug in any smartphones (even just for charging) in the "smart" USB ports in the center console when using these adapters. The car will get confused when it sees multiple Apple Car Play / Android Auto enabled devices. The "dumb" USB port under the shift lever is OK, as it is for charging only, and is not connected to the infotainment system.
そうそう、このようなデバイスを使用中にひじ掛けの中の USB ポートにスマートホンを接続すると不安定になります。スマートホンの充電のみであれば前方のシフトレバー裏の USB ポートを使うのがよいでしょう。

How much current does your OTTOCAST "OttoAibox" device need? Maybe the USB ports cannot supply enough to power the device.
お持ちの OttoAibox の消費電流が車の USB ポートが出せる限界を超えているために動作不安定になっていたりして?

View attachment 51168
I tried two USB port power supply. It was also not be good.

Back