• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sure looks that way, but seems to be a nice clean install. Congrats !
Next mod: neon lights under the car ?
Next I am considering putting a Magcode power port for CTEK next to the rear view camera.
This could be easily done by removing the rear bumper, but we are investigating ways to do it without removing the rear bumper.

We are also considering a digital inner mirror.

But when will we get a parts list for the Emira?

1693743149797.png

Last edited:
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Next I am considering putting a Magcode power port for CTEK next to the rear view camera.
This could be easily done by removing the rear bumper, but we are investigating ways to do it without removing the rear bumper.
The rear bumper is close to the battery and low key (目立たない) but not visible from the driver's seat. I was considering somewhere on the black plastic between the "hood" and windshield.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 30960
Got mine today! The car is amazing!

I got it in sports suspension, it’s surprisingly not that harsh, overall driving experience is pretty good, very easy to drive , not as peaky and raw as evora.

And definitely attracts tons of attention, lol

Also, dealer told me that the PDI check is becoming bottleneck for delivery, as they can only process 2 cars per day. Despise over 100 emiras have arrived in Japan
Congratulations @JamesW ! I'm very happy with the sports suspension setup too. Hope you have lots of fun with your new toy!

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just a reminder: Service Notes can be downloaded from the Lotus Vehicle Service Information Centre
内装の取り外し方など基本的なことが分かるマニュアルがこちらからダウンロード可能です。車体やエンジンの分解整備マニュアルではありません。

You will need to register as a user, and then subscribe to download. A "one hour" subscription is £13 at the time of this writing.
ユーザ登録後にサブスクリプション (本日時点で一番安いのは60分で約 2,500円) を購入し、その間に目的の文書をダウンロードします。ちなみに、本日時点ではエミーラ関連は 1 種類しかありません。

JamesW

Reaction score

View attachment 30968
Btw does the wireless Apple CarPlay works in your car? Mine doesn’t (it has to be connected) and dealer haven’t figure out how to make it work yet

Also not so sure about when the hill assistance kicks in, mine seems never work

And having trouble adjusting the FM radio…. Can’t receive any broadcasts like Tokyo fm and others…

• Wow
Reactions: ino

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Btw does the wireless Apple CarPlay works in your car? Mine doesn’t (it has to be connected) and dealer haven’t figure out how to make it work yet

Also not so sure about when the hill assistance kicks in, mine seems never work

And having trouble adjusting the FM radio…. Can’t receive any broadcasts like Tokyo fm and others…
I have tried various wireless CarPlay to no avail, so I am using a commercially available wireless adapter.
Hill assist may require some inclination, but I have never had it work either.
I don't know about the FM radio as I haven't used it. This is because I only go to places where I rarely get FM radio. :ROFLMAO:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 30968
I had this setup on my lotus evora and had issues with corrosion inside the mag port, on two separate times with new parts. This caused the car not to charge properly when I thought it was charging on the ctek and led to limp mode and needing emergency pickups and expensive diagnostics. I’m not sure I’d use these again… unless I had a way to be sure it was charging correctly.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had this setup on my lotus evora and had issues with corrosion inside the mag port, on two separate times with new parts. This caused the car not to charge properly when I thought it was charging on the ctek and led to limp mode and needing emergency pickups and expensive diagnostics. I’m not sure I’d use these again… unless I had a way to be sure it was charging correctly.
What do you think was the reason for the water intrusion inside?
Do you think it was during the car wash? Or do you think it was something else?

Structurally, the license plate light area has wiring for the license plate light, so it is unlikely that much water could get inside.

JamesW

Reaction score
I have tried various wireless CarPlay to no avail, so I am using a commercially available wireless adapter.
Hill assist may require some inclination, but I have never had it work either.
I don't know about the FM radio as I haven't used it. This is because I only go to places where I rarely get FM radio. :ROFLMAO:
Ah I see, thx! Seems like common issue , let me talk to the dealer and see if there is any more update

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
More 技適 certification issues?
The Emira is equipped with both Wi-Fi and bluetooth and both are active.
There is also a Bluetooth selection in the CarPlay section.
Even so, the wireless connection was not activated.

1694669522693.png
1694669549802.png

Also, the air pressure does not show any values.
1694669561715.png

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"Active" doesn't neccesarily mean that it exists and is working. Just thought the Japan market software has a temporary patch for WiFi and Bluetooth, like the one they implemented for TPS where menus act normally even though the system doesn't recognize the device.
見た目は存在していても、本当にそのデバイスが機能しているとは限りません。特に、無線通信をするものは。

Tire pressure is a known issue, and will be fixed in a future software update (no firm schedule, though). I heard that the Japan market cars needed to have the tire pressure sensors replaced with 技適対応 ones (regulatory requirment) but the Lotus software does not currently recognize them. As a temporary fix for Japan, the software has been modified to ignore the "null" readings, and show 「正常」 regardless of actual tire pressure. Make sure you measure tire pressure yourself before leaving home!
気長に待ちましょう...

Last edited:

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"Active" doesn't neccesarily mean that it exists and is working. Just thought the Japan market software has a temporary patch for WiFi and Bluetooth, like the one they implemented for TPS where menus act normally even though the system doesn't recognize the device.
見た目は存在していても、本当にそのデバイスが機能しているとは限りません。特に、無線通信をするものは。

Tire pressure is a known issue, and will be fixed in a future software update (no firm schedule, though). I heard that the Japan market cars needed to have the tire pressure sensors replaced with 技適対応 ones (regulatory requirment) but the Lotus software does not currently recognize them. As a temporary fix for Japan, the software has been modified to ignore the "null" readings, and show 「正常」 regardless of actual tire pressure. Make sure you measure tire pressure yourself before leaving home!
気長に待ちましょう...
bluetooth は実際に機能しており、電話や音楽を流す事ができます。
また Wi-Fi についても自宅のアクセスポイントに接続できることを確認してます。

JamesW

Reaction score
New issue identified

When using CarPlay to navigate, it will sometimes freeze , even if I re plug in again , still can’t go back to car play anymore

Only way to resolve this is to restart the car.. ( haven’t found a way to restart the informant system without restart the car yet)

This makes it really inconvenient when driving on highway , sometimes I didn’t notice it’s freezed , and I just kept driving

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
New issue identified

When using CarPlay to navigate, it will sometimes freeze , even if I re plug in again , still can’t go back to car play anymore

Only way to resolve this is to restart the car.. ( haven’t found a way to restart the informant system without restart the car yet)

This makes it really inconvenient when driving on highway , sometimes I didn’t notice it’s freezed , and I just kept driving
I encountered a similar phenomenon today.
At that time, did the wipers operate one time and did the power to the Emira restart?
The engine remained running, but did you hear an audio of the ETC power restarting(ETCカードが挿入されていません)?
The same phenomenon may not occur if the ETC is powered from a different source.
After that, carplay remained grayed out and did not return until I restarted the engine.

今日、同じような状況に遭遇しました。
突然ワイパーが1回動き、電源がリスタートしたような状況になりました。
エンジンは動いたままでしたが、ETCカードが挿入されていません。という音声が突然流れました。
ETCの電源を違う所から取っている場合は同じ現象はでないかもしれません。
その後、エンジンを再スタートさせるまでcarplayはグレーアウトしたままで復帰しませんでした。

JamesW

Reaction score
I encountered a similar phenomenon today.
At that time, did the wipers operate one time and did the power to the Emira restart?
The engine remained running, but did you hear an audio of the ETC power restarting(ETCカードが挿入されていません)?
The same phenomenon may not occur if the ETC is powered from a different source.
After that, carplay remained grayed out and did not return until I restarted the engine.

今日、同じような状況に遭遇しました。
突然ワイパーが1回動き、電源がリスタートしたような状況になりました。
エンジンは動いたままでしたが、ETCカードが挿入されていません。という音声が突然流れました。
ETCの電源を違う所から取っている場合は同じ現象はでないかもしれません。
その後、エンジンを再スタートさせるまでcarplayはグレーアウトしたままで復帰しませんでした。
my situation is bit different, I didn’t have any power issue, the wiper didn’t move and no audio from ETC.

In my case seems like a pure system issue. Happens pretty often which is annoying

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
my situation is bit different, I didn’t have any power issue, the wiper didn’t move and no audio from ETC.

In my case seems like a pure system issue. Happens pretty often which is annoying
Currently my Emira has about 600km on it and so far only once.
It has not been driven on the highway once. :ROFLMAO:

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where are you all tapping into to get 12V DC ? I have asked my dealer to use power from fuses #28 and #63 (Electronic Toll Collection) in the passenger footwell fusebox for my ETC and dashcam. Each has a 5A fuse, and hopefully is separated enough from other devices/subsystems.

皆さんはどこから直流 12V を取ってますか?私はディーラーに ETC とドラレコの取付を依頼していますが、助手席足元のヒューズ28番と63番から配線するように作業依頼をしました。いずれも 5A のヒューズで「電子料金回収モジュール」という名称から想像するに他デバイスから独立した未使用の電源なんじゃないか、と。

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where are you all tapping into to get 12V DC ? I have asked my dealer to use power from fuses #28 and #63 (Electronic Toll Collection) in the passenger footwell fusebox for my ETC and dashcam. Each has a 5A fuse, and hopefully is separated enough from other devices/subsystems.

皆さんはどこから直流 12V を取ってますか?私はディーラーに ETC とドラレコの取付を依頼していますが、助手席足元のヒューズ28番と63番から配線するように作業依頼をしました。いずれも 5A のヒューズで「電子料金回収モジュール」という名称から想像するに他デバイスから独立した未使用の電源なんじゃないか、と。
I don't know where you get your power supply from since the dealer left the installation of the ETC to you, but I would consider using the electronic toll collection module if I were to install it myself.
Just wondering why there are two of them.
I can think of the possibility that maybe one of them is a constant power source.

However, my last car also had a hard time getting grounding because the body was aluminum, so where would be a good place to get grounding?

-------------------
ETCの取付はディーラーにお任せしたので何処から電源を取得しているか分かりませが、自分で付けるなら電子料金回収モジュールを使う事を考えます。
ただ、どうして2つあるのか疑問です。
もしかすると1つは常時電源の可能性も考えられますね。

しかし、前の車も車体がアルミだったためにアースの取得に苦労しましたが、アースは何処から取るのが良いのでしょうね。

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What kind of shoes do you all use when driving Emira?
I would suggest that you always wear driving shoes.

I initially used regular sneakers and found them very difficult and dangerous to drive.
First of all, the heel catches when you pull back on the clutch.
Also, I sometimes stepped on the gas pedal and brake pedal incorrectly.
After I changed to the driving shoes, I feel very comfortable and enjoy driving without any mistakes.
Japanese people have wide feet, so normal sneakers are dangerous.

------------
皆さんはエミーラを運転する時にどのような靴を使っていますか?
私はドライビングシューズを必ず履くことをお勧めしたい。

私は最初通常のスニーカーを使っていましたが、非常に運転し辛く危険でした。
まずクラッチを戻すときに踵が引っかかります。
またアクセルとブレーキを踏み間違う事がありました。
ドライビングシューズに変えてからは非常に快適で、踏み間違いもなく運転が楽しくなりました。
日本人の足は横幅が広いので通常のスニーカーは危険です。