• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

Did anyone realize that they didn't even spell "Authorized Importer" right?
I have expressed my "no stickers unless it's a regulatory requirement" policy to the dealer. Let's see what happens when my car is ready...
私は車検証以外のステッカーは貼らないでほしい旨をディーラーに伝えてあるのですが、どうなるかな...

I got a "Please share your feedback on your recent Lotus purchase" e-mail last night... The survey is not about the car itself, but about the dealer. Will wait until my car actually arrives to respond to this survey ;)

PDI が完了し陸運局への登録が完了したからなのか、ディーラー評価依頼メールが来ました。まだ電装品の取付や PPF 施工業者待ちなので自分の車を一度も見ていないのにw

I got a "Please share your feedback on your recent Lotus purchase" e-mail last night... The survey is not about the car itself, but about the dealer. Will wait until my car actually arrives to respond to this survey ;)

PDI が完了し陸運局への登録が完了したからなのか、ディーラー評価依頼メールが来ました。まだ電装品の取付や PPF 施工業者待ちなので自分の車を一度も見ていないのにw
They went like, "You already know how good this vehicle is!" 😁

I took her for polishing yesterday morning, and she’s back today.
Person polished her said that, the original paint (& clear coat) is so bad and should be polished up before she get worse. Because the dealer I bought ( Lotus Ibaraki) polished before hand over, she got worse, damn.
Now, the almost all of small scratches were gone and she is literary looks polished. I do love the result.
IMG_3831.jpeg

*The company is “Polish Up” in Ogikubo. The cost was 178,200 yen incl. simple wheel coating and window coating.

*もし同じ店舗に出される方がいらっしゃればご紹介可能なのでお声がけください😊

Last edited:
Some usuful information about CarPlay.
note: Sorry if already written. tested in 10/16/2023 on Emira with iPhone15Pro(ios17.0.3), Japan region.

I tried all situations below.
1. Wireless CarPlay connection + Wired connection CarPlay + Satnav via Apple Map => works fine ⭕
2. Wireless CarPlay connection + Wired connection CarPlay + Satnav via Google Maps => DEAD lt 5min. ❌
3. Wired connection CarPlay only + Satnav via Google Maps => works fine ⭕

Which means, Wireless is Sxxxs!! 🤪
You may be able to play songs via wireless, but you will be stack in frozen ice if you use Google Maps.

*To connect only via wired, you can disable bluetooth of Emira to make sure your phone never connect via wireless, nor disable your iPhone’s bluetooth. But I tested only disabling Emira’s bluetooth.
*As you can find info here, there’s nothing you can do via CarPlay after freezing. What a system. Sadly, I couldn’t figure out which Emira or CarPlay has the problem of the issue.

So far, noone is complaining about Android Auto ?
アンドロイドでの不具合報告って上がってきてませんね。

So far, noone is complaining about Android Auto ?
アンドロイドでの不具合報告って上がってきてませんね。
Android auto is more suitable to use with Android pre-installed cars! 🤣idk
My Android is not active usualy, so cannot test. Sorry for that.

Sorry, may seem like a stupid question. Does the Emira come with built in sat nav? Or is it to be used with Carplay or Android Auto?

Sorry, may seem like a stupid question. Does the Emira come with built in sat nav? Or is it to be used with Carplay or Android Auto?
There is a built-in sat nav (except the Australian cars).
見た目がショボいけど。

Yeah, but as soon as you start driving it around, you will quickly attract a girlfriend (or boyfriend)
Make them wait. It's all part of the experience.
すぐに飛びつかずに、とりあえず2年ぐらい待たせてみましょう。

Some usuful information about CarPlay.
note: Sorry if already written. tested in 10/16/2023 on Emira with iPhone15Pro(ios17.0.3), Japan region.

I tried all situations below.
1. Wireless CarPlay connection + Wired connection CarPlay + Satnav via Apple Map => works fine ⭕
2. Wireless CarPlay connection + Wired connection CarPlay + Satnav via Google Maps => DEAD lt 5min. ❌
3. Wired connection CarPlay only + Satnav via Google Maps => works fine ⭕

Which means, Wireless is Sxxxs!! 🤪
You may be able to play songs via wireless, but you will be stack in frozen ice if you use Google Maps.

*To connect only via wired, you can disable bluetooth of Emira to make sure your phone never connect via wireless, nor disable your iPhone’s bluetooth. But I tested only disabling Emira’s bluetooth.
*As you can find info here, there’s nothing you can do via CarPlay after freezing. What a system. Sadly, I couldn’t figure out which Emira or CarPlay has the problem of the issue.
Your wireless CarPlay works? Mine never does lol

Your wireless CarPlay works? Mine never does lol
Yes, but only connection status.
But as I wrote above, wireless connection is useless. lol

Yes, but only connection status.
But as I wrote above, wireless connection is useless. lol
Why am I thinking the Bluetooth module is also not certified for use in Japan and the specialized software shuts it off after a few minutes...
青歯が技適非対応で、ソフトウェアで「使用できない」状態にする一時対応をしてたり。色々な疑念が...

• Haha
Reactions: ino
Back