• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira at LOG41.

Next year in Tennessee!!! Chance to drive the Tail of The Dragon! Hope you’re there with your Emira!

The Lotus family, whether a die hard sorting electrical gremlins under the bonnet of a 1962 Type 14 Elite or a new owner of the most recent Lotus, is the most welcoming bunch you’d ever want to spend a long weekend with.
Looking forward to it! It would be my roughly 25th trip to Deals Gap. I used to organize some pretty significant automotive events up there, and I know the extended surrounding area very very well.

Quit keeping us in suspense though, did you drive it? 😜

Yes I’m in the UK. Just doing a quick catch up on forum chat after finalising a presentation with colleagues in the US. I only sleep for 4-5 hours, sometimes (like today) just 3.
I can advise on prescriptions for insomnia :unsure:

Cool, so, we've gotten more information out of the one confirmed Emira customer from Antwerp than we did from all 50 Emira test drivers at this recent Lotus owners gathering; and the Antwerp customer hasn't even taken delivery yet.

This is brutal.

Cool, so, we've gotten more information out of the one confirmed Emira customer from Antwerp than we did from all 50 Emira test drivers at this recent Lotus owners gathering; and the Antwerp customer hasn't even taken delivery yet.

This is brutal.
Proof that there are others out there less masochistic who prefer to not read this forum 24/7!

I can advise on prescriptions for insomnia :unsure:
It’s not insomnia - I don’t have a problem falling asleep or staying asleep, I just don’t need much of it. That’s been the case for about 40 years, since my teens.

It’s not insomnia - I don’t have a problem falling asleep or staying asleep, I just don’t need much of it. That’s been the case for about 40 years, since my teens.
Ah ha you have a super power :cool:

This is brutal.
Probably made everyone sign an NDA as part of the test drive!

This is brutal.
The drives were surprisingly short, and limited in engagement. The roads were slick, and it was said that there were insurance issues with the cars (they also had an Evora GT with them) having manufacturer plates.

Over-promising and under-delivering is becoming the Lotus way of operating.

Never missing an opportunity to bash them is too.

Insurance companies dictate what they are or aren't going to cover, that's not something Lotus controls.

Insurance companies dictate what they are or aren't going to cover, that's not something Lotus controls.
True, but Lotus has 100% control over its messaging.

You can get people to swallow a pretty bitter pill by managing expectations. Lotus isn't doing such a good job at that.

They could've in advance shared with Lotus Ltd the circumstances of the drives, who in turn could've included it in the communication to the LOG registrants.

Folks would show with with an expectation of a quick spin, and happy to get it, than expecting something akin to a test drive and being disappointed.

I was referring to the much-publicised “army of Emiras”, which turned out to be one. Lotus have every opportunity to manage their messaging.

True, but Lotus has 100% control over its messaging.

You can get people to swallow a pretty bitter pill by managing expectations. Lotus isn't doing such a good job at that.

They could've in advance shared with Lotus Ltd the circumstances of the drives, who in turn could've included it in the communication to the LOG registrants.

Folks would show with with an expectation of a quick spin, and happy to get it, than expecting something akin to a test drive and being disappointed.
Yeah but that also assumes they had any kind of a lead time before they themselves found out. The insurance company might have waited until the last minute to let them know. There would also have to be some involved logistics to transport the entire group of cars they were planning on, and then suddenly have to change all those plans. It's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes sometimes, but yeah, it's easier to just keep saying Lotus sucks. I know people like to keep saying it over and over again, but it's gotten really old and tiresome by now. Yeah, so has my defending them...there, I'll head that one off too since I know it's coming.

I just want my car.

Yeah but that also assumes they had any kind of a lead time before they themselves found out. The insurance company might have waited until the last minute to let them know. There would also have to be some involved logistics to transport the entire group of cars they were planning on, and then suddenly have to change all those plans. It's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes sometimes, but yeah, it's easier to just keep saying Lotus sucks. I know people like to keep saying it over and over again, but it's gotten really old and tiresome by now. Yeah, so has my defending them...there, I'll head that one off too since I know it's coming.

I just want my car.
I would hope their legal department and their own internal insurance team is well versed on that aspect, and that it wasn't a last minute surprise from the insurance company.

It all boils down to managing expectations.

You've seen how this has all been going, hope and reality have clearly been disconnected for quite some time.

Yeah, you have dealer(s) close to you, don't you? You'll get the chance.

Back