Lotus Emira at LOG41.

Seems like only one Emira... Kind of disappointing, was hoping to see the full colour spectrum together. More importantly a direct tour/sport on road comparison like Harry did, except with production cars!

Attachments

• 7A73B804-8E2D-4B90-A692-B29D519E3CF0.jpeg
    7A73B804-8E2D-4B90-A692-B29D519E3CF0.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 181
  • 58BFC053-5E0C-4CFC-BD60-842DC562771F.jpeg
    58BFC053-5E0C-4CFC-BD60-842DC562771F.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 03762ED5-82D5-478B-970F-3908606C74AB.jpeg
    03762ED5-82D5-478B-970F-3908606C74AB.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 181
Seems like only one Emira... Kind of disappointing, was hoping to see the full colour spectrum together. More importantly a direct tour/sport on road comparison like Harry did, except with production cars!
Yes, just the one.

Fingers crossed it doesn't wreck on the first lap or something crazy. Can't believe there is only one!

Only one? Thought it was supposed to be “an army of Emiras” coming over for LOG?

And Shadow Grey again, as per the dynamic prototype that toured the US last year.

They seriously brought just one Emira AND it's Shadow Grey again? Wow... Rumor was 10+ in various euro setups. Sure glad I didn't make the 6 hour trip and book a place to stay for the weekend. Guess I'll keep waiting for the US dealer demos and hope they arrive before I leave for vacation overseas. With my luck they'll show up the same day I leave. 😔

They seriously brought just one Emira AND it's Shadow Grey again? Wow... Rumor was 10+ in various euro setups. Sure glad I didn't make the 6 hour trip and book a place to stay for the weekend. Guess I'll keep waiting for the US dealer demos and hope they arrive before I leave for vacation overseas. With my luck they'll show up the same day I leave. 😔
Like two ships passing in the night.

Can someone who is at LOG ask Matt Windle why there is only one Emira there, not the “army” they’d advertised? If you get a chance to ask what’s happening about US and UK demo cars too that would be helpful.

Me too. If it’s any comfort, the Atlantic City in water boat show also sucked balls

It’s the classic example of over promising and under delivering. If Lotus had simply said there would be an Emira there available for brief drives by registered LOG attendees (they are strictly enforcing the LOG registration/signed waiver requirement), folks would've been mostly happy with that.

And if by chance they showed up with multiple cars, so much the better.
The car had Michigan dealer plates on it, and there was an orange Evora GT with Michigan dealer plates that I assume was its companion car.

Matt Windle did say he’s been in Michigan the last couple of day, flew into Pittsburgh late yesterday afternoon, then drove down last night.

I‘m on the periphery of the LOG 41 planning committee, and the four or five core planners I spoke with in the past weeks were incredulous and doubted there were going to be multiple cars.

I have to say, after the concours the Emira was driven back to the lodge by one of the Lotus USA folks. I watched, and heard it take off at high speed. I was on the elevated deck of the building I was in as it took off. It truly was a sonic delight. AND it looked like it was hauling a**.

He was for sure working the line up's, 100 test drives in one car.
It’s the classic example of over promising and under delivering. If Lotus had simply said there would be an Emira there available for brief drives by registered LOG attendees (they are strictly enforcing the LOG registration/signed waiver requirement), folks would've been mostly happy with that.

And if by chance they showed up with multiple cars, so much the better.
The car had Michigan dealer plates on it, and there was an orange Evora GT with Michigan dealer plates that I assume was its companion car.

Matt Windle did say he’s been in Michigan the last couple of day, flew into Pittsburgh late yesterday afternoon, then drove down last night.

I‘m on the periphery of the LOG 41 planning committee, and the four or five core planners I spoke with in the past weeks were incredulous and doubted there were going to be multiple cars.

I have to say, after the concours the Emira was driven back to the lodge by one of the Lotus USA folks. I watched, and heard it take off at high speed. I was on the elevated deck of the building I was in as it took off. It truly was a sonic delight. AND it looked like it was hauling a**.
That is borderline false advertising lol... If I had made the journey (which I considered) expecting to see multiple Emira's and decent test drives and 1 showed up, well lets just say I probably would walk away from ordering one. Unless that vehicle blew away my expectations during the short drive, I would be visibly upset. When you are organizing an event, and the Managing Director of the company, the big boss, says he is showing up with more than one vehicle and then comes almost empty handed, would be insulting to its customers.

Lotus should have clarified their statement prior to LOG41 when they knew they would be bringing a single car, the fact that they did not shows that they are a little out of touch. Such a shame.

Can I ask what the overall reaction from the people attending? I understand the original idea behind LOG41 is to drive your existing Lotus cars, but I am sure there was more than a few people that were there for the Emira as well?

** I will add that some of the Lotus models attending look pretty awesome and I would be completely enjoying myself, after I let Mr. Windle know my opinion of their marketing techniques

Last edited:
He was for sure working the line up's, 100 test drives in one car.

That is borderline false advertising lol... If I had made the journey (which I considered) expecting to see multiple Emira's and decent test drives and 1 showed up, well lets just say I probably would walk away from ordering one. Unless that vehicle blew away my expectations during the short drive, I would be visibly upset. When you are organizing an event, and the Managing Director of the company, the big boss, says he is showing up with more than one vehicle and then comes almost empty handed, would be insulting to its customers.

Lotus should have clarified their statement prior to LOG41 when they knew they would be bringing a single car, the fact that they did not shows that they are a little out of touch. Such a shame.

Can I ask what the overall reaction from the people attending? I understand the original idea behind LOG41 is to drive your existing Lotus cars, but I am sure there was more than a few people that were there for the Emira as well?

** I will add that some of the Lotus modelst attending look pretty awesome and I would be completely enjoying myself, after I let Mr. Windle know my opinion of their marketing techniques
Well, no way to canvass the attendees, but to attend LOG, you had to either pre-register or pay $200+ to register as walk ups. Earliest pre-registration was, I believe, in excess of $100. Add to that you had to be a paid up member of Lotus Ltd to even register, and that is a measurable cost.

In other words, between Lotus Ltd membership and event registration, you were going to be in for $200+ to $350+ to attend LOG whether or not the Emira even existed.

Then there is the cost of accommodations at a regionally high end resort.

If you were not registered you would not get much of a look at the Emira.

Then add what for most would be a several hour drive to get to Canaan Valley, WVA (met a father/son today who drove up from Miami, Fla in their M100 Elan; met a couple who drove down from Montreal in their Evora, with no interest in the Emira) and this event is primarily for the Lotus faithful, not for “the new to Lotus Emira tire kickers.” They will get to you when the demos get to the dealers.

The Lotus Owners Gathering (LOG) is aimed at Lotus owners, not would-be Lotus owners.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back