• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira at LOG41.

The below is a partial photo of the Shadow Grey Log41 car.

Didn't Henry Catchpole mention in one of the early review videos that the lower chrome door strip being too long was a known issue that Lotus would be addressing for production? Another broken Lotus promise?

And what's that weird rubber flap behind the door mirrors? I don't remember seeing that on previous cars.

door-chrome-strip.png

Last edited:
Well, no way to canvass the attendees, but to attend LOG, you had to either pre-register or pay $200+ to register as walk ups. Earliest pre-registration was, I believe, in excess of $100. Add to that you had to be a paid up member of Lotus Ltd to even register, and that is a measurable cost.

In other words, between Lotus Ltd membership and event registration, you were going to be in for $200+ to $350+ to attend LOG whether or not the Emira even existed.

Then there is the cost of accommodations at a regionally high end resort.

If you were not registered you would not get much of a look at the Emira.

Then add what for most would be a several hour drive to get to Canaan Valley, WVA (met a father/son today who drove up from Miami, Fla in their M100 Elan; met a couple who drove down from Montreal in their Evora, with no interest in the Emira) and this event is primarily for the Lotus faithful, not for “the new to Lotus Emira tire kickers.” They will get to you when the demos get to the dealers.

The Lotus Owners Gathering (LOG) is aimed at Lotus owners, not would-be Lotus owners.
I would have registered in advance but it was about a 10 hour drive for me and just did not have the time to make it. Not sure if you were calling me an Emira tire kicker? (even tho I have had a deposit for a year now) But I am new to Lotus that is for sure. The majority of people on this forum probably are new to Lotus. I joined to learn more about the brand, the people and the car. Glad I did, as this has been a great source of information.

LOG41's website which you posted, has a picture of an Emira on it for the "Lotus in the Valley" - I assumed they were wanting to attract Emira depositors to the event, since no one owns an Emira yet, but I guess not. You are giving the impression that LOG41 is not very inviting for non Lotus owners? This is the first new Lotus vehicle in 13 years, aimed at attracting new would-be Lotus owners. As I consider myself a car guy, I personally love seeing the Lotus faithful get together and have a great time at the concourse, check out some amazing Lotus vehicles from the past, but you make it seem like the Emira is a footnote for the event when from the opinion of the Managing Director of Lotus', looks to be the headliner. (Has a Managing Director /CEO of Lotus ever attended LOG before?)

I would have registered in advance but it was about a 10 hour drive for me and just did not have the time to make it. Not sure if you were calling me an Emira tire kicker? (even tho I have had a deposit for a year now) But I am new to Lotus that is for sure. The majority of people on this forum probably are new to Lotus. I joined to learn more about the brand, the people and the car. Glad I did, as this has been a great source of information.

LOG41's website which you posted, has a picture of an Emira on it for the "Lotus in the Valley" - I assumed they were wanting to attract Emira depositors to the event, since no one owns an Emira yet, but I guess not. You are giving the impression that LOG41 is not very inviting for non Lotus owners? This is the first new Lotus vehicle in 13 years, aimed at attracting new would-be Lotus owners. As I consider myself a car guy, I personally love seeing the Lotus faithful get together and have a great time at the concourse, check out some amazing Lotus vehicles from the past, but you make it seem like the Emira is a footnote for the event when from the opinion of the Managing Director of Lotus', looks to be the headliner. (Has a Managing Director /CEO of Lotus ever attended LOG before?)
Ok. It’s the Lotus Owners Gathering.

Sure, non owners are welcome. Having owned 10, I am currently a non owner.

But it’s not about me. The annual Gathering is for the Lotus faithful. Not so much for the Lotus curious.

You were wise not to make the trip. Wait for a car to come to a dealer near you.

Last edited:

If you’re not a Lotus owner, no problem. Having owned 10 over the years, I am currently Lotus Less.

It is not the Would Be Emira Owners Gathering. That one, or ten, cars might be there is for the Lotus faithful.

Lotus curious can either pay up in terms of time and money or wait until one comes to your local dealer.

The LOG isn’t about you or what you want. It’s existence predates the Turbo Esprit in the US; the Stevens Esprit; the Esprit V8; the M100 Elan; the Elise; the Exige; the Evora.

Organize a LOG equivalent in Canada and reach out to Lotus.
It seems there would be strong interest (in your suggestion),
yet it may be inhibiting to host a CLOG, don't cha think?

Can someone attending LOG41 please ask a couple of specific questions of Matt Windle and the other Lotus staff?

1. Is the Dark Verdant shown on the most recently built cars the same paint as the Dark Verdant shown on the earlier test vehicles? Or did they tweak the paint formula to make the car more obviously green? It matches the configurator much better now as well. Example:

1662869233656.jpeg

2. Is the Sports + Cup2 car they have there reasonably comfortable to drive on US roads, or do they find themselves wishing for the Touring?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to ask those questions! Bonus if you drive it and can give your own impression regarding #2 !

Sure, non owners are welcome. Having owned 10, I am currently a non owner.

But it’s not about me. The annual Gathering is for the Lotus faithful. Not so much for the Lotus curious.

You were wise not to make the trip. Wait for a car to come to a dealer near you.
Is this a bit d baggy? Not sure

Is this a bit d baggy? Not sure
Ya, I wasn't sure myself... I didn't know how to respond about being Lotus Curious on a forum about a car that hasn't been released to the public yet. Everything on here is a question about being curious of something on the Emira. I am just going to let it go.

#notforthecurious

The cars for LOG are Euro-spec LHD, not US-spec or RHD. Parts supply issues sadly still affecting completion of UK RHD cars.
Hi Tom, do you get the feeling that this is going to see build slots pushed back further for UK deposit holders. Sold my Cayman on Friday as I thought my Nov build was going ahead? 🙄

I'm worried by the silence. The 30 day process should be starting for the small group of people with Sept build/Oct delivery. Instead, a few have been sent generic emails about GAP insurance, ceramic coating etc. And the UK dealers still have no firm dates for delivery of their demo cars, which were supposed to be "mid Sept" and recently changed to "more like late Sept". Most also haven't had confirmation they'll get the spec of car they requested.

Hi Tom, do you get the feeling that this is going to see build slots pushed back further for UK deposit holders. Sold my Cayman on Friday as I thought my Nov build was going ahead? 🙄
From what I can see, every time a Forum member sells a ride
in anticipation of their Emira order, it gets pushed back.
Coincidence.? I think not.
#Happytobewrong

From what I can see, every time a Forum member sells a ride
in anticipation of their Emira order, it gets pushed back.
Coincidence.? I think not.
#Happytobewrong
I know, tempting fate, I should have known better 🙄

I'm worried by the silence. The 30 day process should starting for the small group of people with Sept build/Oct delivery. Instead, a few have been sent generic emails about GAP insurance, ceramic coating etc. And the UK dealers still have no firm dates for delivery of their demo cars, which were supposed to be "mid Sept" and recently changed to "more like late Sept". Most also haven't had confirmation they'll get the spec of car they requested.
I was on the M25 earlier, going anti clockwise from Heathrow down to the A3 you know, the very worst part of the damn road. Anyway, saw an OnTime Automotive transporter. Got me thinking,, could have been a few demos heading to B&C!
Then again, could have been anything.

Remaining positive! Kind of have to.

time at the concourse, check out some amazing Lotus vehicles from the past, but you make it seem like the Emira is a footnote for the event when from the opinion of the Managing Director of Lotus', looks to be the headliner. (Has a Managing Director /CEO of Lotus ever attended LOG before?)
Well, the Emira may not be the footnote to the event, but it isn’t the headliner either.

Yes, folks are excited to see it, some excited for the short drive, others indifferent to it.

LOG‘s happen every year…they were there for the intro of the US Turbo Esprit; the Stevens Esprit Turbo, the M100 Elan, the Esprit V8, the Elise, Exige, and Evora. This is another new Lotus being folded into LOG,

Matt Windle was the keynote speaker last year, this year he and his team are vendors. John Davis is the headliner/keynote speaker this year. And yes, past actual Lotus CEO who attended LOG included Mike Kimberly, who helmed Lotus twice, knew and worked with/for Colin Chapman, and who designed the Europa Twin Cam Special. Other past notables include Clive Chapman (Colin’s son), Emerson Fitipaldi, Dan Gurney, Bobby Unser, Innes Ireland, Alain DeCadenet, Bob Dance, Gavin Gershaw, Miles Wilkins (also an associate of Chapman’s), Andy Pilgrim, David Murray, Doc Bundy, and many others.

Last edited:
Lotus Future Owners But Hold On This Might Take A While Gathering 1

LFOBHOTMTAWG1

I'm usually able to make this event everyday with you fine folks here.
What is an M2? Is that like a Daimler Chrysler or something?

Last edited:
Well, the Emira may not be the footnote to the event, but it isn’t the headliner either.

Yes, folks are excited to see it, some excited for the short drive, others indifferent to it.

LOG‘s happen every year…they were there for the intro of the US Turbo Esprit; the Stevens Esprit Turbo, the M100 Elan, the Esprit V8, the Elise, Exige, and Evora. This is another new Lotus being folded into LOG,

Matt Windle was the keynote speaker last year, this year he and his team are vendors. John Davis is the headliner/keynote speaker this year. And yes, past actual Lotus CEO who attended LOG included Mike Kimberly, who helmed Lotus twice, knew and worked with/for Colin Chapman, and who designed the Europa Twin Cam Special. Other past notables include Emerson Fitipaldi, Dan Gurney, Bobby Unser, Innes Ireland, Alain DeCadenet, Bob Dance, Gavin Gershaw, Miles Wilkins (also an associate of Chapman’s), Andy Pilgrim, David Murray, Doc Bundy, and many others.
Impressive past/present attendee's. I think once I am out of the curious stage and into owning a Lotus, I would much enjoy attending. Hopefully I will see you there next year, if my Emira makes it here on time of course.

Impressive past/present attendee's. I think once I am out of the curious stage and into owning a Lotus, I would much enjoy attending. Hopefully I will see you there next year, if my Emira makes it here on time of course.
Next year in Tennessee!!! Chance to drive the Tail of The Dragon! Hope you’re there with your Emira!

The Lotus family, whether a die hard sorting electrical gremlins under the bonnet of a 1962 Type 14 Elite (the most beautiful car ever made: Type 14 Elite/Jag XKE, tough choice) or a new owner of the most recent Lotus, is the most welcoming bunch you’d ever want to spend a long weekend with.

Last edited:
Back