• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira vs Porsche 718

Regarding the Porsche GT4, I've listened to the exhaust note on both the original and latest model GT4, and there is a very noticeable difference.
The original sounds much more raw, like the Evora in the video.
I guess that's what you get when you add particulate filters to the exhaust. Muffled sound.☹
Same thing when you add a turbocharger. Muffled sound.☹
True story that! My 981 GTS sounded ridiculous. Hoping for similar with Emira.

Regarding the Porsche GT4, I've listened to the exhaust note on both the original and latest model GT4, and there is a very noticeable difference.
The original sounds much more raw, like the Evora in the video.
I guess that's what you get when you add particulate filters to the exhaust. Muffled sound.☹
Same thing when you add a turbocharger. Muffled sound.☹
That's why I'm keeping my original since all those years lol

Globally, the brand Porsche is more premium than LUTOS. In terms of 718 VS EMIRA, I think the same. Of course both cars have an intersection of sports-car features.

One more thing, Cayman has a big family. GT4 and the basis 718 are different products.

Andrew, I owned a 2005 Porsche Boxster for 10 years and they were the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any car, I hope the Emira's are close.
Having owned 2 boxsters.... yes they are very good seats, did take a 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 out a few weeks back... it had I think 12 way seats.... they are the best seats, till now I have sat in...support in all the right places and adjustment that just made it all better.
I have seen the EV seats for the EMIRA.... they look good, porsche design good, with perhaps some volvo input ? why would you not.... I remember my V40 seats, well..... being good and the XC40 we had a few weeks back.... come to that, the XC40 was trimmed very well.
It was said on the trip to LOTUS.... if you have in group knowledge, why would you not call on it :)

Hope so, love a bit of comfort at my age! 😜
Me to....and a good place to rest my left leg in an auto.... I dont get in cars with any grace these days.... its kind of a falling in and crawling out :oops::ROFLMAO: so once in the.... seat needs to be a place I am happy in for an hour or two....well, till I crawl out and readjust my arthritic body :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Me to....and a good place to rest my left leg in an auto.... I dont get in cars with any grace these days.... its kind of a falling in and crawling out :oops::ROFLMAO: so once in the.... seat needs to be a place I am happy in for an hour or two....well, till I crawl out and readjust my arthritic body :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm not at that stage yet but keeping this car the length of time I will it is a consideration. At the viewing at Central I found it easy to get in/out - which was a massive consideration.

As an ex Bodybuilder I used to look like a gorilla in the Elise seats,I'm glad the Emira is abit kinder on my smaller aesthetics nowadays even if I did make a hash of getting out of it 🤣🤣🤣

IMG-20211101-WA0012.jpg

I'm not at that stage yet but keeping this car the length of time I will it is a consideration. At the viewing at Central I found it easy to get in/out - which was a massive consideration.
Yep..... I plan on keeping the car to... well for as long as I can get in and out, :) the cab I felt was more open than 718.... yes easier to get out of..... do hope the seats come out as good as they look :)

Yep..... I plan on keeping the car to... well for as long as I can get in and out, :) the cab I felt was more open than 718.... yes easier to get out of..... do hope the seats come out as good as they look :)
I admit i struggled getting getting out of a Boxster 718, admittedly the seat was set really low down, my health isnt impacted in any way (fortunately) , but the Emira was far easier to get in/out.

I admit i struggled getting getting out of a Boxster 718, admittedly the seat was set really low down, my health isnt impacted in any way (fortunately) , but the Emira was far easier to get in/out.
much easier.... some one mention the door open more than other Lotus have :)