• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira vs Porsche 718

Much more! i couldnt believe how much space there is getting in and out
I'm 5'9" with short legs and have to have the seat in my Evora all the way forward, but then have to slide it 60-70% backwards to be able to get out. I was amazed I could adjust the Emira seat to a comfortable driving position (not right at the front stop) and get in and out without moving the seat.

There are several videos circulating of the "Lotus Technique" for getting in and out of Elises/Exiges, including some epic fails. Emira owners new to Lotus won't have to go through this previously important rite of passage into Lotus ownership :)

I have to admit getting in and out of an exige is an experience, but it's part of THE experience and contributes to the sens of occasion, I think.

Great plug for the Emira here. But I don't understand why the 718 isn't on this list. As far as I know, and I have done no research, the 718 is still being sold.

Great plug for the Emira here. But I don't understand why the 718 isn't on this list. As far as I know, and I have done no research, the 718 is still being sold.

You will notice one thing from that list, that the Lotus Emira out of 10 mid engine sports cars, is the only one currently for sale with a proper manual transmission.
I will go out on a limb and say that in my humble opinion, the Toyota V6 manual transmission Emira's will not only hold their values much, much better than the automatics and dual clutch models because they are "For The Drivers" , but that over time they will appreciate in value significantly more, similar to what's happening with Porsche's GT3's and GT4's.
This is truly and sadly the end of an era.
Speaking of this, I received my new plates a couple of weeks ago.
Now if I just had a car to put them on.
20220401_183423.jpg

Well, I meant English Racing Automobiles, but yours is funnier...

I thought it was like End of an ERA. ERA, a time period. This car is the LAST ERA of an ice, mid engined, manual.

Do I win the prize?

I thought it was like End of an ERA. ERA, a time period. This car is the LAST ERA of an ice, mid engined, manual.

Do I win the prize?
Yes that was clear from his post... Leonard and I were making puns about it! But we're English...

Reactions: ADC

Yes, the 718 is definitely still being sold and deserves to be on this list.

Sadly, the Ferrari F8 order book is now closed, due to volume of orders received - so there is no longer any mid-engined ICE Ferrari available (the 296GTB is hybrid).

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but for those interested in value comparison between the Evora and Cayman...

I had been trying to talk myself into the Cayman GT4. The main draw was my understanding that it was an easy car to track in that you didn't need to do anything to it. I have never tracked a car but I no longer work on them so all I wanna do is drive now. I have been thinking Cayman GT4 for about 6 months now. I just saw the Lotus (online) Saturday (two days ago) for the first time. Put my deposit down today. I do plan on tracking it a little and don't mind working on it at all. Funny how a car can move you.
Save a minimum of $10K extra to get your Emira ready for the track!

Back