My Emira $hit itself again…

trackday14

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was out for a drive tonight when the CEL came on…Turning the car off, waiting a bit, and starting the car again did not reset the CEL. So, I’ll be taking the car it for service. With 4000 miles since taking delivery in 3/24, this is only the second time the car has had an issue requiring immediate service.

While it is in the shop, below is a checklist of items to be addressed:
• Loose hood on passenger’s side near the windshield and feels like there is a spring under it (it’s not the securing bolts - I checked and the they are tight with no play);
• Foam trim from under the hood on the passenger’s side needs to be replaced (it detached while driving a few months ago);
• Periodic rattle emanating from the passenger door;
• SOS battery warning/fault;
• Disintegrating brake pads (they are losing chunks of pad material); and
• I might as well get an oil change.

I was out for a drive tonight when the CEL came on…Turning the car off, waiting a bit, and starting the car again did not reset the CEL. So, I’ll be taking the car it for service. With 4000 miles since taking delivery in 3/24, this is only the second time the car has had an issue requiring immediate service.

• Loose hood on passenger’s side near the windshield and feels like there is a spring under it (it’s not the securing bolts - I checked and the they are tight with no play);
• Foam trim from under the hood on the passenger’s side needs to be replaced (it detached while driving a few months ago);
The problem with Emiras isn't the issues you get it's the fact they are so damn good to drive and look at you can't stay mad at them for long. As soon as they faults are sorted you will totally love it again. I know someone with a classic Ferrari Dino and he curses it when anything goes wrong but will never part with it.

good to see you are positive and treating it to an oil change. (y)

The problem with Emiras isn't the issues you get it's the fact they are so damn good to drive and look at you can't stay mad at them for long. As soon as they faults are sorted you will totally love it again. I know someone with a classic Ferrari Dino and he curses it when anything goes wrong but will never part with it.

good to see you are positive and treating it to an oil change. (y)
Thanks. When I put the car in the garage and said I wouldn’t drive until it was time to bring it in for service, my wife said I put the car in “time out” for bad behavior. 🤣

Just curious, any mods to your car? Exhaust, valve controller or completely stock?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back