• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Not long to wait…… Autocar drive review on March 9

This weeks Autocar has its ‘next week’ ad saying that the emira first drive will be in the magazine… so I am guessing they are first, before Top Gear, unless it’s on this weekend.. and I think we would know.
I've heard from someone on this forum that they were at the factory and heard that the journalists were at the track about 2+ weeks ago so I would suspect that we are going to see a number of reviews coming out very soon

Yep some good points for sure. Ultimately when I think about the Emira or look at pictures or read forums etc I get properly excited like a little kid. Haven't had that feeling about a car in ages and I just don't get that from the Porsche brand anymore... I've spoken about this in some other threads but my dream car was always the F355 and this is maybe the first car I've ever seen that I prefer in almost every way and is actually within my budget.. They have a lot of similarities even performance.. F355 has better sound of course but I've fallen totally head over heels for the Emira.. Lotus got me good :)
Yeah, exactly! I think some people will be disappointed when the reviews don’t suggest the Emira is a GT4 beater but to me, it isn’t meant to be. The GT4 is supposed to be a visceral, NA driving experience. The Emira is targeting a different demographic, and is priced as such. It will be a great car (even if I think the FE is a tad overpriced unless you are dead set on those options). I simply wish Lotus was a bit better on communication, and that it had a frunk like Porsche. Like you, I am very excited!

It’s really not even in the same price range when you look at the base edition. The first edition is but that’s not an apples to apples comparison. I’ve seen this talked about in the “what other car” thread and I tend to agree with the posts there. The 4 liter, naturally aspirated engine, lighter curb weight and PDK transmission are all major winners of the GT4. The GT4 also has the GT3 suspension, while the GTS and other caymans are on struts (so I believe the Emira wins against gts and below). Just my thoughts, but to reiterate, they aren’t even in the same price range outside of the First Edition. $74k for Emira vs $101k for the GT4 starting prices
Both the GT4 and GT4 RS also have front struts. Only the latest GT3 has double wishbones on the front.

So, tick tock. If Autocar are publishing on Wed, presumably the embargo will be lifted so we'll see a load of reviews including videos in just a couple of days. A very, very big week for Lotus and all of us deposit holders. Exciting 😀

Have previous diners been publishing pictures of dishes that aren’t even on the menu?
Vimto burger 🍔 anyone (don't ask) 😅
20220305_124918.jpg

All I see is Hethel Yellow fries, Magma Red sauce, a bit of Seneca in the burger bun and some hints of Nimbus in the beer glass. :ROFLMAO:
The Verdant Green in the lettuce came out too bright. Must be pre-production. We'll see how they reviews of the whole thing come out after testing ! 🤣

There's also another source of emissions that's never mentioned, and it's been going on since the earth was created. It's volcanic activity. Volcanoes pump tremendous amounts of gases into the atmosphere, and always have. The earth is much stronger than environmentalists realize. After the Mt St. Helens volcano blew up, scientists were expecting it would take at least 100 years for the area around it to recover. Much to their surprise and astonishment, it recovered in about 15 years.

The whole earth is a system, and I think it's a mistake to focus on only one thing, and start making changes without taking into account the whole system and what the side-effects might be. The earth has plenty of energy, we just need to be intelligent and sensible about how we tap into it and use it.
You can tell that the EU leaders really take it seriously as they recently exempted private yachts and private jets from carbon tax. Yachts and jets produce thousands of times the CO2 of a car, yet they’ve exempted them, and thus themselves, from paying. This isn’t about global warming, it’s about money.

This forum needs an Off Topic area. :p
Is that like the naughty step? A yellow card? A place to go and think about what you've done? :ROFLMAO:

Or is it just place to talk about stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else, to take it "offline" or away from the topic in hand?

Is that like the naughty step? A yellow card? A place to go and think about what you've done? :ROFLMAO:

Or is it just place to talk about stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else, to take it "offline" or away from the topic in hand?
The latter! And exactly. When things veer off topic in other forum areas, the thread can be split (admin or moderator action) and tossed over into Off Topic where the protagonists can have their back-and-forth in a controlled space. :cool:

Have previous diners been publishing pictures of dishes that aren’t even on the menu?
No, but I've been seeing menus with crossed-out items saying "Not available at this time".

I'm guessing to gain access to those delicious treats, you need a place an extremely large deposit so you can be put on a spreadsheet, to which they'll completely forget about you, then decide maybe 5 years later to hire someone called "Head of Communications", where the guy (or girl!) is just given some paper, envelopes, and a box of postage stamps.

Back