• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Not long to wait…… Autocar drive review on March 9

Dear Subscriber,

Just a note to let you know that your copy of the April 2022 issue of CAR might arrive slightly later than usual. The delay means we’ve been able to include European editor Georg Kacher’s first drive of the Ferrari 296 GTB, as well as our exclusive track drive of the Lotus Emira and the latest from Formula 1 pre-season testing. I hope you enjoy those stories and the rest of the magazine. You should receive the issue no later than 12/03/2022.

Best wishes and, as ever, thank you for your support.
Ben

Ben Miller, Editor, CAR.

Not long to wait now.

Is there an actual embargo on reviews?

Yes, most of the drives and filming/photos have been done. So all embargoed until the agreed publication dates.

Dear Subscriber,

Just a note to let you know that your copy of the April 2022 issue of CAR might arrive slightly later than usual. The delay means we’ve been able to include European editor Georg Kacher’s first drive of the Ferrari 296 GTB, as well as our exclusive track drive of the Lotus Emira and the latest from Formula 1 pre-season testing. I hope you enjoy those stories and the rest of the magazine. You should receive the issue no later than 12/03/2022.

Ben

Ben Miller, Editor, CAR.​
Notice it says track drive. I wonder if all the first reviews will be track only?

Dear Subscriber,

Ben

Ok, it's later than the 3rd, where is it??

Notice it says track drive. I wonder if all the first reviews will be track only?
I suspect so. We know they haven't started building production cars yet (start on 7 March) so they must be final stage validation cars. They won't be type approved so there are probably regulatory or insurance issues with non-Lotus people driving them on public roads.

I’m hoping they have a YouTube review out too. I mentioned this earlier, whilst TopGear, Autocar, Evo and the other large channels have their halo reviews I most look forward to

carwow (as annoying as he can be) for real-world 0-60 times and general liveability

Harry’s garage for driving and general road feel

Autogefühl for minute details on infotainment, internet and exterior.
I'm looking forward to Carfection's review, think Henry Catchpole's reviews are very very good

Love top trumps. Me and the missus play it in the beer garden in summer.. ☀️ Will bring some to the Lotus meet at Chatsworth 😅
Have you seen you can buy custom top trumps? My mate did a pack using all his and my previously owned cars to make up the pack, you have to submit all the info and then they make them for you. Was a great Bday present! Lots of fun seeing my old Disco 2 taking on his old Ferrari 360 etc!

Have you seen you can buy custom top trumps? My mate did a pack using all his and my previously owned cars to make up the pack, you have to submit all the info and then they make them for you. Was a great Bday present! Lots of fun seeing my old Disco 2 taking on his old Ferrari 360 etc!
That sounds awesome - will be looking that up! I might put my wife's old 5-door 1.2 Vauxhall Nova in the same class as my 5-door Audi S2 for a bit of devilment! :ROFLMAO:

Here they are: www.mytoptrumps.com

Dear Subscriber,

Ben

Ahhh these delays are going to be the death of me!

I'm looking forward to Carfection's review, think Henry Catchpole's reviews are very very good

Agreed! Henry did one of the first walk arounds with the Emira. Carfection's production value is incredible. Mostly looking forward to theirs and the Chris Harris review.

🤣
Same here: Harry’s Garage, Henry Catchpole (hope he does it for Carfection) and Harris. Harry, Henry, Harris- the three “H”s!
Same here: Harry’s Garage, Henry Catchpole (hope he does it for Carfection) and Harris. Harry, Henry, Harris- the three “H”s!
That's Huncanny that they will all be testing the Hemira!

No thats incredible!!!! Thank you, will check it out 🥰

I'm with you on that one, they are balanced, mature, well-informed and well presented. Some self-aggrandized reviewers can't manage even one of these facets, never mind all four...

Couldn't agree more. Who cares if some peanut in something your Aunty drives (Yaris) or a glorified washing machine (Tesla) can beat you at the lights?

That means nothing to me. It's all about the overall package and how the car looks, drives, and handles.

The Emira will be significantly faster than my 355, and I've never felt that that was not quick enough nor cared about whether someone might beat it in a traffic light drag race. I know damn well that the bloke roaring off in their POS would really rather be in the Ferrari... :cool:

I understand the people wondering why didn't Lotus put, say, the 430hp engine in given there's no real reason they couldn't. But it'll be very easy to do that kind of upgrade if you really want to.
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if it was offered as a factory supported upgrade in the future.
Yep, on the same page on this. It takes two to drag race, not taking part has the useful by-product of making the other one look a little foolish...

Back