Quick U.S. Update

Great way to go about it.
Props to you! Sincerely.
Well, I was kinda seeing the writing on the wall that I probably wasn't getting an FE. I also was so torn between the FE and Base. I really am not patient, so I just needed to make a decision and run with it. 😊

But thank you!

It's definitely shady if Naples isn't releasing the number of allocations. I'd be very disappointed and frustrated!

This entire thing has been disappointing. Can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy when someone says they made the cut. Especially those who put their deposits in later than I did. But, it is what it is. I've already gotten another car for the interim. But the Emira is where my heart is at. But...now I can sit back, watch the reviews, hear about any issues and have 2 years to either go crazy waiting or plan to go back to Porsche when the market cools back down.
What did you buy?

Naples isn't the only dealer NOT confirming their allocation numbers. Heck, I can't even get a callback from my dealer and I put my deposit down back in mid-July. I've relegated myself to the fact that I likely didn't score an FE but it would be nice to get a cursory "We got X amount of cars on his first go 'round and although you didn't make the cut we expect to enter your factory order somewhere around X date".
That's awful...who is your deposit through?

Yes. You have explained exactly my situation. End of this year I’ll wait. End of next year I’m buying another car and maybe just keep that if I love it or maybe trade it. But no information means I can’t make any rational decisions. I hate the lack of transparency with a passion.

Everything you are saying is justified. My advise, try and break this up into segments. Meaning, don't pull your deposit until the first video reviews. Don't think long term, just think video reviews as the next date.

Everything you are saying is justified. My advise, try and break this up into segments. Meaning, don't pull your deposit until the first video reviews. Don't think long term, just think video reviews as the next date.
Agree. I think that’s my plan as of today - buy the Z4, wait for reviews. If the reviews are outstanding then I’ll probably trade the z4 when my allocation comes up. If they are less than stellar or I just love the roadster then I’ll bail.

I think it's pretty clear Naples is a a shady dealership and are no doubt selling allocations. Don't forget this is the same place that refuses to service your Lotus if you didn't buy it from them.
Sounds like Costco, lol

"Hey can I get this nail taken out of my tire?"

"Did you buy these tires from us?"

"......no?"

"Fuck off, then."

@vdr my dealership confirmed immediately when I asked. And they have had zero contact with me since my deposit so they aren't exactly Gator motorsports level of customer service.

Naples isn't the only dealer NOT confirming their allocation numbers. Heck, I can't even get a callback from my dealer and I put my deposit down back in mid-July. I've relegated myself to the fact that I likely didn't score an FE but it would be nice to get a cursory "We got X amount of cars on this first go 'round and although you didn't make the cut we expect to enter your factory order somewhere around X date".
My dealer likewise is not revealing their allocation. I spoke to them earlier in the week and cryptic language was being used b my salesman. But he gave me the impression that the allocation was not yet set so he didn’t want to say anything that he’d have to take back. It’s hard to trust that people are being straight with their customers. This is what happens when there’s no centralized oversight to insure fairness. Being #31 on the list at my dealer, I don’t see a first edition in my future unless lotus steps in with a change or if a bunch of folks decide they’d rather have an I4 FE or an own spec car. If there are shenanigans going on, it’s not in my best interests to antagonize the staff at the dealer that took my deposit. It’s not like I have another option. Pretty deflating after all this time and anticipation.

My dealer likewise is not revealing their allocation. I spoke to them earlier in the week and cryptic language was being used b my salesman. But he gave me the impression that the allocation was not yet set so he didn’t want to say anything that he’d have to take back. It’s hard to trust that people are being straight with their customers. This is what happens when there’s no centralized oversight to insure fairness. Being #31 on the list at my dealer, I don’t see a first edition in my future unless lotus steps in with a change or if a bunch of folks decide they’d rather have an I4 FE or an own spec car. If there are shenanigans going on, it’s not in my best interests to antagonize the staff at the dealer that took my deposit. It’s not like I have another option. Pretty deflating after all this time and anticipation.

Calculating ADM…

Ive confirmed with MULTIPLE dealers that there will 100% be ADM. When doing my research if they stated they were or were not sure yet, I told them thank you for your time and ceases communication with them. I have emails from a few that sent me a few emails last week telling me I could still get a FE I4 and base models. They were doing ADM.

I have confirmed MULTIPLE times and in writing that there is no cost Above MSRP (other than taxes, destination etc..) with my FE Emira allocation. Smooth sailing for me.

I won’t be playing the ADM game. If it comes to that, I’ll be out. Principles matter more than a car imho. But being really engaged and excited for this car, and for the emergence of the brand, saying that makes me sad, and typing it was very hard
Agreed. I’d rather fall to the back of the line and go to another dealer. End up Bespoke or building my own.

Essentially take the mark-up and put it into options while getting the car later.

Ive confirmed with MULTIPLE dealers that there will 100% be ADM. When doing my research if they stated they were or were not sure yet, I told them thank you for your time and ceases communication with them. I have emails from a few that sent me a few emails last week telling me I could still get a FE I4 and base models. They were doing ADM.

I have confirmed MULTIPLE times and in writing that there is no cost Above MSRP (other than taxes, destination etc..) with my FE Emira allocation. Smooth sailing for me.
I talked to Tom at Boardwalk in Redwood city (Bay Area) today. They have 40 Emira's allocated and Los Gatos are getting 20, Corte Madera 5 I believe. That's a lot for one region. I again confirmed with him that no additional deposit will be required over 2500 and that MSRP is what I will pay (+ taxes,etc). Given that I put my deposit down 2 days after the announcement in July,2021, he assured me I will get a FE. He is thinking Sept Oct for delivery which is also when their demo will arrive. Their color discs and interior leather swatches should be coming by March.

I am going V6 Manual, sport suspension, black alcantara with red stitching for sure. Still finalizing colors but thinking Magma with black pack diamond lightweight wheels and yellow calipers.

Lastly, all the dealers are being very vocal of needing Lotus corporate support to improve service, part availability and marketing.

I'm 100% out if there is any ADM or if they refuse to sign a contract before I give them a non-refundable deposit. I don't care if it means not getting the car. With that said I hope they don't mess about because I'm excited about this car

It's definitely shady if Naples isn't releasing the number of allocations. I'd be very disappointed and frustrated!

This entire thing has been disappointing. Can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy when someone says they made the cut. Especially those who put their deposits in later than I did. But, it is what it is. I've already gotten another car for the interim. But the Emira is where my heart is at. But...now I can sit back, watch the reviews, hear about any issues and have 2 years to either go crazy waiting or plan to go back to Porsche when the market cools back down.
I also find Lotus of Naples a bit shady. I spoke to them today and two of their people are flying out tomorrow to London to finalize their 'plans'. Supposedly, when they get back, they will release more info.

The thing I find most shady about them is they don't want to tell me where I am in line. That seems to be pretty straight forward unless games are being played. The other shoe to potentially drop is adjusted dealer markups for the first ones chosen. Time will tell....

I don't know why Naples isn't saying what their allocation was, unless they don't want a bunch of unhappy depositors. They may have a lot of deposits, but I believe their allocation was 50. They got the most of anybody.

I also find Lotus of Naples a bit shady. I spoke to them today and two of their people are flying out tomorrow to London to finalize their 'plans'. Supposedly, when they get back, they will release more info.

The thing I find most shady about them is they don't want to tell me where I am in line. That seems to be pretty straight forward unless games are being played. The other shoe to potentially drop is adjusted dealer markups for the first ones chosen. Time will tell....
All BS. Nobody would have to fly to London to figure something out. It’s 2022. Zoom call, done. S H A D Y

Tell the truth about what the existing situation is.
Tell the truth about what you’re trying to accomplish in London.
Just tell the truth.

Want mark-up? Great.
Name the price.
Sad about allocations? Great.
Share what you know now.

Naples is on here. They’re reading this.
S H A D Y

I don't know why Naples isn't saying what their allocation was, unless they don't want a bunch of unhappy depositors. They may have a lot of deposits, but I believe their allocation was 50. They got the most of anybody.
Agree...unless they are selling allocations to other dealers as speculated by others.

When I was at the reveal in Naples back in November, one of the sales guys got on the microphone in front of a hundred or so folks and says 'there's still time for you to put down a deposit and get this car in its first year of production".

I found this strange as it seemed to infer they had NOT gotten many deposits yet. Yet, another sales ploy.....

Agree...unless they are selling allocations to other dealers as speculated by others.

When I was at the reveal in Naples back in November, one of the sales guys got on the microphone in front of a hundred or so folks and says 'there's still time for you to put down a deposit and get this car in its first year of production".

I found this strange as it seemed to infer they had NOT gotten many deposits yet. Yet, another sales ploy.....
S H A D Y

#ForTheShady

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back